The Mad House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This season, contestants compete in hellish challenges for a chance at safety--and a heavenly cash prize--in Mad House 8: Heaven and Hell

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Going through Memory Lane (Private RP w/Jay)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Harley

Harley

Going through Memory Lane (Private RP w/Jay) Empty
PostSubject: Going through Memory Lane (Private RP w/Jay)   Going through Memory Lane (Private RP w/Jay) Clock10Mon Apr 16, 2018 12:34 pm

After a long raid in the fridge for something to munch on, Harley heads back to her room to chill. She knows that it is kinda shitty of her to eat on the bed that she shares with Rae, but for now Rae is stuck in the Have-Not room. It's kinda weird without her. But she can live without her roomie for a few days. As she is about the jump into her bed, she stubs her toe on her bag. MOTHER OF GOD, WHY DOES THAT ALWAYS HURT LIKE HELL!

"OW! SON OF A BITCH!?!" She couldn't help but yell out in pain.

She noticed that she hit her toe against something hard. As she drops to her knees, she digs around her bag to see what had the nerve to...In an instant she pulled out a colorful ceramic mask. Harley caresses it in her hands and she stares at it with wide eyes. All the memories that this thing brings back makes her want to cry. But she swallows her guilt as she walks towards the vanity mirror and looks at her reflection. Slowly, she brings the mask up to her face to put it on. Man...this thing still fits her big head? That's a miracle within itself.

Back to top Go down
Jay

Jay

PostSubject: Re: Going through Memory Lane (Private RP w/Jay)   Going through Memory Lane (Private RP w/Jay) Clock10Mon Apr 16, 2018 5:48 pm

Jay just came from the bathroom after a long shower. His hair was still dripping, he honestly didn't feel like blow-drying it right now. Letting it dry naturally was his way to go now! He opens the door and the first thing he sees is that someone left the window open. Uhm... It's getting chilly in here??? He walks up to the window and closes it. Right after closing it, he turns around to see Harley sitting on the floor while wearing a mask. She didn't notice him, but he didn't noticed her EITHER. Jay jumps in surprise and takes a step back, but calms down when he sees it's Harley. He walks up to her and looks over her shoulder.

'Hey, what kind of mask are you wearing there Harley?'
Back to top Go down
Harley

Harley

PostSubject: Re: Going through Memory Lane (Private RP w/Jay)   Going through Memory Lane (Private RP w/Jay) Clock10Tue Apr 17, 2018 12:39 pm

For a moment, Harley doesn't realize there is anyone else in the room. She only stared at the mask on her face. As much as she hates this thing, she also couldn't bring herself to take it off.

Not too long after, Jay's reflection appeared behind hers .Her eyes widen behind the mask as she jumps in slight shock. It nearly falls off her face as she turns around.

"Oh, umm...Hey Jay. What's up?" She says as if she cpuld smoothly change the subject. But it is clearly not working. She then notices the mask is still on her face and takes it off quickly. "Oh yeah...this is...something that someone gave to me a long time ago. It's...nothing special."

She knows that she is lying, but it's hard to give it all away so soon to someone...but Harley feels like she can kinda trust Jay. Let's just see where this goes.
Back to top Go down
Jay

Jay

PostSubject: Re: Going through Memory Lane (Private RP w/Jay)   Going through Memory Lane (Private RP w/Jay) Clock10Wed Apr 18, 2018 6:01 am

Harley's jump made Jay jump AGAIN. Two not-so-brave moves in less than a minute. He looks at Harley and takes a brave pose as to hide the embarrasment of being so jumpy.

Going through Memory Lane (Private RP w/Jay) Tumblr_okpf04zOID1rbr9w3o3_400

He scrapes his throat. 'Not much not much, just got out of the shower but saw you sitting there and yeah' he tilts his head. 'It does looks special though. Who gave it to you?' he asks rather directly. He notices his mistake and tries to cover for it. '-if you want to tell me that is, of course!' he sits down on the bed and pats on it to invite Harley to get off the floor.
Back to top Go down
Harley

Harley

PostSubject: Re: Going through Memory Lane (Private RP w/Jay)   Going through Memory Lane (Private RP w/Jay) Clock10Wed Apr 18, 2018 1:23 pm

Harley chuckles at Jay's reaction at her shocked actions. Okay, there could have been a better way to handle it. It's not like she didn't see him in the mirror, she just didn't pay much attention to his entrance in the room. But why? It's not like she is always this oblivious, maybe it has something to do with the damned black and white accessory in her hands. She then turns her attention to Jay who asked more questions about the mask.

"Umm...I got it from my brother a few years back. I used to collect things like this so he wanted me to have a piece of home with me." She says nonchalantly as she drags her feet towards the bed and sits next him.

She takes a deep breath as she looks down at the floor. As much as she would love to keep it to herself for the rest of the season, it only gets harder and harder as people are finding out. So, she looks at Jay's direction and tries her best to not go nuts.

"There...actually has been something on my mind for a while...If I tell you something, can this please stay between us?
Back to top Go down
Jay

Jay

PostSubject: Re: Going through Memory Lane (Private RP w/Jay)   Going through Memory Lane (Private RP w/Jay) Clock10Wed Apr 18, 2018 5:50 pm

Harley chuckles after his scaredy-cat reaction. To this, he pouts and crosses his arms. Jeez, she doesn't have to emphasize it!!!

She tells him that it's something she collects. He "oh"s to this. 'That's really cool, and sweet that your brother got it for you. I wish I had siblings.' Jay feels sadness coming up but NO. No. This time it's not about him! He clears his head and fights back emotions so he can continue to ask Harley questions. 'So what kind of stuff do you collect exactly? This looks like a very unique mask! I haven't seen one like this before.' Harley suddenly gets very real with him to his surprise. He attentively looks her in the eye and nods confidently.

'Of course. I won't tell a soul. What is it?'
Back to top Go down
Harley

Harley

PostSubject: Re: Going through Memory Lane (Private RP w/Jay)   Going through Memory Lane (Private RP w/Jay) Clock10Sun Apr 22, 2018 11:47 am

Harley notices Jay's sudden sad expression on his face. She doesn't want to make it look like a big scene, so she slowly inched her hand over to his back and pats it. As if to say that it will be okay. As much as she hates the sad mood, it's something that she feels like needs to be said for her sake.

"Oh well, masks were more of my brother's thing. He used to buy a mask everywhere our family went. While, I still buy...please don't laugh but... porcelain dolls. I can't help it, I always think that they are so cute in their own way. Plus, they always has a unique design depending on where they came from." She could go on and on about her collection forever. Hell, even show him some of the dolls that she brought with her. But that isn't very important. What was more on her mind was what she needed to get off her mind.

"Okay so...um...Do you know the joke where kids want to run away and join the circus?"
Back to top Go down
Jay

Jay

PostSubject: Re: Going through Memory Lane (Private RP w/Jay)   Going through Memory Lane (Private RP w/Jay) Clock10Tue Apr 24, 2018 4:47 pm

'Masks and porcelain dolls. That's honestly really cool!' he exclaims, sounding happy as ever. 'Those are way cooler things to collect than anything I ever heard!' he looks at her bag. He's sure she is carrying a doll too if she has a mask, and he would LOVE to see it. But when Harley continues he decides to let it rest. She sounds gloom, and Jay's afraid that Harley has a lot cropped up by the looks of it. And THAT. Is the last thing Jay wants her to have!!! He gives her a serious look, and gives her the final push to go on.

'I do... What.... About it?'
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Going through Memory Lane (Private RP w/Jay)   Going through Memory Lane (Private RP w/Jay) Clock10

Back to top Go down

Going through Memory Lane (Private RP w/Jay)
Page 1 of 1