The Mad House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This season, contestants compete in hellish challenges for a chance at safety--and a heavenly cash prize--in Mad House 8: Heaven and Hell

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Week 1 - Power of Protection Competition

Go down 
+3
Delin
Kiki/Lolo
Val
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Val
Admin
Val

Week 1 - Power of Protection Competition Empty
PostSubject: Week 1 - Power of Protection Competition   Week 1 - Power of Protection Competition Clock10Fri Jul 07, 2017 12:08 am

READ THE FULL ANNOUNCEMENT!!!
"Hello, HouseGuests!" Val's voice booms over the intercom. "Welcome to your first Power of Protection competition of the summer!

Here's how it'll work: the six of you (Morgan, Inspector, Kyle, Mark, JeRaldo and Valenda) will each race across these palm trees and try to collect 30 coconuts from the other side. There are two paths to take: a shorter, but more difficult path and a longer, but easier path. But be warned: should you fall then you will lose ALL of your coconuts and will have to start over.

And to make things interesting, there are a few special coconuts. These special coconuts do NOT count as a number. Should you go for one of these special coconuts, you will be able to open it at the end of the challenge. But be warned: you will either get a reward or a punishment. Choose wisely.

Now players, get ready. On your mark, get set.... GO!"

Hey guys! So sorry this is messy. I was originally going to have dice to pick the two extra players for the POP competition, but it was giving me a hard time so I just randomized it. Here's a screenshot (the top two were picked): http://sta.sh/024bqqwv7tkk

Now, what you REAL people will be doing is a puzzle found here: http://www.epuzzle.info/u/1e1348

Try to go as fast as possible, because it records your time and you only have ONE shot at this. The above RP was just to set a scene. For reference, check out this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dR5nr74DFNk

Feel free to RP as you wish (those of you participating) but just try to reflect your character's physical ability/your timed puzzle in the RP! Other HGs, you are allowed to RP but ONLY from the sidelines. Your if your character's name was not listed above then you are not eligible for this competition. Another note for those competing: you DO NOT have to roll the dice if you don't want to! It's just a twist I added for fun, but its not necessary. You have 24 hrs from this post to complete the challenge. Enjoy RPing!
Back to top Go down
https://the-mad-house.forumotion.com
Kiki/Lolo

Kiki/Lolo

PostSubject: Re: Week 1 - Power of Protection Competition   Week 1 - Power of Protection Competition Clock10Fri Jul 07, 2017 1:33 am

Morgan runs his hand through his hair to get rid of the sweat from nervousness. This is important to win in order to keep his nominations on the block and send one of them home. He is nervous until he hears the horn go for him to start, adrenaline kicks in and he heads towards the longer path.

He slightly runs but is careful to try to keep his balance. "Come on, you saw Katie do this as a kid, she did it with ease!" Morgan grabs a coconut and walks back a little slower back to keep the coconut in his hands. He makes it back safe and puts it in his slot. He then starts towards the short path, he trips and falls but luckily lands on the platform. He crawls the rest of the way to the end. He grabs a special coconut, while that may be a mistake he feels like it could really help his game if he gets a reward. Morgan then shimmies back very slowly, possibly too slow, this could determine his results in this comp.

Last edited by Morgan on Fri Jul 07, 2017 10:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Delin

Delin

PostSubject: Re: Week 1 - Power of Protection Competition   Week 1 - Power of Protection Competition Clock10Fri Jul 07, 2017 10:41 am

Kyle readies himself. He needs to win this challenge. He ain't gonna be no Jayme Mansfield on this show.

The sound of the horn goes and Kyle goes for the shorter path. He grabs a coconut and walks back.
He almost slips but catches himself. "phew" he thought.

He placed his coconuts in and continues doing that for the next few coconuts. He thinks hard "Do I really need a special coconut? It could contain having to sleep in the have-not room... Hell, I've slept on the street before, it can't be much worse, right? Just gonna be temporary anyways!" He then goes for the special coconut and brings it back. "Now we wait" he thinks.

He continues to go through the course, grabbing coconuts, he did fall a few times, but he didn't let that get him down. He was determined to get out of that chair.
Back to top Go down
Mark

Mark

PostSubject: Re: Week 1 - Power of Protection Competition   Week 1 - Power of Protection Competition Clock10Fri Jul 07, 2017 4:45 pm

Before the challenge Mark encourages and whispers to himself "You lost before, but now you can do this. I have to..."

As he hears the horn he takes his first steps on the longer path "Carefully..." He mumbles. He grabs first coconut and comes back bit faster to outrun and when he's on the start he puts it on the slot and goes for next one

Unfortunately, on the half of path he slips off and goes to the start, making the challenge from the beginning. "Dammit'''

Mark notices that some are grabbing special coconut, but doesn't since it might be a very big mistake. He continues this hchallenge with a small hope of winning, grabs another coconut and does the same thing as before.
Back to top Go down
Jedd

Jedd

PostSubject: Re: Week 1 - Power of Protection Competition   Week 1 - Power of Protection Competition Clock10Fri Jul 07, 2017 5:01 pm

Valenda looks at the paths and bites down on her lip. This is going to be a bit of a problem...I need to show us women can do this!

She looks at both the paths and her plan starts running in her mind. 'If I take the short path, it will be faster but I have long legs and might trip myself like a idiot' she opens her hand 'the long path could be kinda safe but will take longer hmm..'

As the horn goes off, it startles her and she chooses the short path but halfway falls which made her go back again. She takes a deep breath and starts walking across the long path & see's the others struggle a bit too. She grabs a coconut and slowly walks back with it, making it in. She smiles in excitement but is nervous as well so she continues on the long path again. 'This is going to slow me down'.

She's doing it quick & steady but that could make her fall easily so she stops rushing it too fast. She falls to her knee but not on the ground on the short path, even though it hurts her. She eyes the special coconut a lot but doesn't fall for it's lustful temptation.
Back to top Go down
Kabirah

Kabirah

PostSubject: Re: Week 1 - Power of Protection Competition   Week 1 - Power of Protection Competition Clock10Fri Jul 07, 2017 6:41 pm

Raldo stretches his legs getting ready to start the competition

He starts to strategize that maybe if he takes the long path, it will make him not fuck up as much. and It will keep in in a steady rhythm. He feels a bit tempted with the special coconut no matter if it's good or bad. But maybe it will make his stay in the house a lot interesting. He wants it.

As the horn goes off he starts to stake the short path making it to the end point easily, He grabs the Special Coconut first.

He continues on with his race, humming music and doing a little dance keeping a good rythem. It doesn't seem like a hard challenge.

Back to top Go down
Jedd

Jedd

PostSubject: Re: Week 1 - Power of Protection Competition   Week 1 - Power of Protection Competition Clock10Fri Jul 07, 2017 7:49 pm

She looks at Je and see's him to be enjoying himself. 'He looks so graceful doing this challenge like nothing...I need to focus more on this!" She puts both arms out like a plane and walks along the logs, steading herself.

She keeps looking at the special coconut and tries to ignore it but it keeps calling her name. What would Dio say 'go with what your gut tellls you...who knows, anything is possible!'

She feels a drop hit her cheek.
Back to top Go down
Cash Carvey

Cash Carvey

PostSubject: Re: Week 1 - Power of Protection Competition   Week 1 - Power of Protection Competition Clock10Fri Jul 07, 2017 11:03 pm

Cash Carvey takes a look at the coconut course, he is determined to win this challenge and take himself off the block. He takes a moment to make sure his hair looks flawless for the cameras and then takes out a bottle of tanning oil before taking his shirt off revealing his nice 6 pack abs. He then lathers down in the tanning oil.

"I'm ready for this! Give me what you got!" he calls out to Val before the buzzer rings for him to begin competing.

Cash has to learn a lot of dance moves in his line of work so he is able to balance like a pro on the logs. He opts to take the shorter but more difficult route since he tested it out and it wasn't too much of a challenge for him. Now it's just up to him to beat the other competitors times, he doesn't take a special coconut only because he's already in danger this week and he doesn't want to do anything to hurt himself even more! During the challenge, he smiles at the girls cheering him on a few times but tries to maintain his pace.
Back to top Go down
http://hey-hollywood.deviantart.com/
Kiki/Lolo

Kiki/Lolo

PostSubject: Re: Week 1 - Power of Protection Competition   Week 1 - Power of Protection Competition Clock10Fri Jul 07, 2017 11:07 pm

Morgan gets down to the last coconut he needs to finish up his time. He mumbles to himself "you got this far, book it. You are running out of time" He then begins to run the short route. Morgan begins to lose his balance so he jumps to the platform. He makes it then grabs the last coconut and sprints to the end. As he is sprinting he trips hitting his jaw on the balance beam and drops to the ground losing the coconut. He lands the wrong way on his legs and twists his ankle.

Val announces that Morgan has to start over from the beginning. As he watches all his coconuts fall out, he limps to the start, grabs a coconut and throws it to the ground. He then begins shouting "F**k this! This is complete bullcrap! I give up." He throws his hands up in anger.

Val then announces on the sound system that he can start again now. Morgan looks up at a camera and points at it "No, I am done. I quit this comp. I need ice for my ankle, I am done." His face is getting beet read as he is so mad at his performance..he needed to win this challenge, so how could he do this bad when he actually wants to win? "Call me a baby all you want, I don't give a rat's ass. This is one of the most pathetic attempts in Mad House History, I'm complete trash. Trash that needs fricken ice!" Morgan then walks out of the backyard and slams the door as he goes back into the house fuming.
Back to top Go down
Val
Admin
Val

PostSubject: Re: Week 1 - Power of Protection Competition   Week 1 - Power of Protection Competition Clock10Sat Jul 08, 2017 12:55 am

After about roughly an hour and a half of competing, the challenge is finally over. "Congratulations, Kyle! You are the winner of the Power of Protection!

Now, those of you that have collected the special coconut may now open it. You will find out whether you received a punishment or a reward, but you'll only find out what it is later."
(JeRaldo, Morgan and Kyle can now roll the dice).
Back to top Go down
Kiki/Lolo

Kiki/Lolo

PostSubject: Re: Week 1 - Power of Protection Competition   Week 1 - Power of Protection Competition Clock10Sat Jul 08, 2017 12:59 am

Morgan comes back with some crutches that were given to him by the producers. He then takes a deep breath hoping his comp doesn't go any worse. "God if you're out there, it's Morgan. I believe in you for now. Throw me a solid if you're real..." He opens his coconut slowly.
Back to top Go down
Val
Admin
Val

PostSubject: Re: Week 1 - Power of Protection Competition   Week 1 - Power of Protection Competition Clock10Sat Jul 08, 2017 12:59 am

The member 'Morgan' has done the following action : Roll the Dice?

'POP Punishment/Rewar' :
Week 1 - Power of Protection Competition Reward_by_emperor_lucas-dbfdt3s
Back to top Go down
Delin

Delin

PostSubject: Re: Week 1 - Power of Protection Competition   Week 1 - Power of Protection Competition Clock10Sat Jul 08, 2017 1:06 am

Kyle begins to shake the coconut, maybe get some good vibes from the Shookening Gods. He then proceeds to open up his coconut
Back to top Go down
Val
Admin
Val

PostSubject: Re: Week 1 - Power of Protection Competition   Week 1 - Power of Protection Competition Clock10Sat Jul 08, 2017 1:06 am

The member 'Kyle' has done the following action : Roll the Dice?

'POP Punishment/Rewar' :
Back to top Go down
Kabirah

Kabirah

PostSubject: Re: Week 1 - Power of Protection Competition   Week 1 - Power of Protection Competition Clock10Sat Jul 08, 2017 9:50 am

Raldo takes a deep breath and opens his coconut.
Back to top Go down
Val
Admin
Val

PostSubject: Re: Week 1 - Power of Protection Competition   Week 1 - Power of Protection Competition Clock10Sat Jul 08, 2017 9:50 am

The member 'JeRaldo' has done the following action : Roll the Dice?

'POP Punishment/Rewar' :
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Week 1 - Power of Protection Competition   Week 1 - Power of Protection Competition Clock10

Back to top Go down

Week 1 - Power of Protection Competition
Page 1 of 1