The Mad House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This season, contestants compete in hellish challenges for a chance at safety--and a heavenly cash prize--in Mad House 8: Heaven and Hell

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Rap Session (PRP: Hassan & Harriet)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Harriet_Jane_Jules

Harriet_Jane_Jules

Rap Session (PRP: Hassan & Harriet) Empty
PostSubject: Rap Session (PRP: Hassan & Harriet)   Rap Session (PRP: Hassan & Harriet) Clock10Fri Oct 20, 2017 11:47 pm

After Hassan failed to win the POP challenge, Harriet knew she had to act. She wouldn't ever admit it but hearing Tobias talk about his brother like a bitter enemy had really hit her hard. If Jane ever grew to hate her that much... Not that she ever would. Nah. Jane understood that Harriet always had THEIR best interests at heart, even if her methods were a bit cruel.

Regardless, the older sister in Harriet told her that something had to be said, so she'd asked Hassan to meet with her after the results of the challenge were announced. The living room was a bit uh... open. But she didn't exactly want to have people seeing her snoop around with the Hunka Hunka Burning Love either. So, it worked.
Back to top Go down
Hassan | Tobias

Hassan | Tobias

PostSubject: Re: Rap Session (PRP: Hassan & Harriet)   Rap Session (PRP: Hassan & Harriet) Clock10Sat Oct 21, 2017 12:02 am

Hassan was hopeful. He couldn't save himself from the chopping block, but Harriet wanted to meet with him — meaning there was at least someone who deemed him worthy enough to keep around. Aside from needing time to resolve Tobias's issues, Hassan truly wanted to win the competition. And right now, he'd take whatever help he could get.

He entered the living room, pondering why Harriet chose such an open place to talk strategy. Unless there was more to it than that?

"Hi, Harriet. What can I do for you?"
Back to top Go down
Harriet_Jane_Jules

Harriet_Jane_Jules

PostSubject: Re: Rap Session (PRP: Hassan & Harriet)   Rap Session (PRP: Hassan & Harriet) Clock10Sat Oct 21, 2017 12:21 am

She patted a chair opposite herself and folded her hands very daintily in her lap. "Have a seat. I'd like to talk to you about the nominations... and your brother."
Back to top Go down
Hassan | Tobias

Hassan | Tobias

PostSubject: Re: Rap Session (PRP: Hassan & Harriet)   Rap Session (PRP: Hassan & Harriet) Clock10Sat Oct 21, 2017 12:30 am

Harriet seemed to be acting a little weirdly. At least, he thought so. He didn't really know her all that well. Either way, it did seem serious. Hassan sat across from her.

"I'd be happy to talk about that. Have you...talked to my brother, by chance?"
Back to top Go down
Harriet_Jane_Jules

Harriet_Jane_Jules

PostSubject: Re: Rap Session (PRP: Hassan & Harriet)   Rap Session (PRP: Hassan & Harriet) Clock10Sat Oct 21, 2017 12:49 am

She nodded, "Before he announced the nominations. He said some things that really didn't sit right with me, and I needed to talk to you about it."

"He's got extremely low self esteem and he's projecting it onto you. I know we're in competition and all but... From one older sibling to another, I couldn't NOT say something. You two could be stuck here together for a long time..."
Back to top Go down
Hassan | Tobias

Hassan | Tobias

PostSubject: Re: Rap Session (PRP: Hassan & Harriet)   Rap Session (PRP: Hassan & Harriet) Clock10Sat Oct 21, 2017 1:12 am

Hassan looked down and sighed.

"Thank you for telling me. Truthfully, I wish I knew sooner. I went to his room earlier to try to understand, but it just did not make sense. He's very hell-bent on punishing me."
Back to top Go down
Harriet_Jane_Jules

Harriet_Jane_Jules

PostSubject: Re: Rap Session (PRP: Hassan & Harriet)   Rap Session (PRP: Hassan & Harriet) Clock10Sat Oct 21, 2017 1:25 am

"He's just a mixed-up kid who needs to WIN at something--rather, he needs to beat you at something. Work for your approval, get something you can't. It's more than a little messed up."

"Like... did your parents make it too obvious who the favorite child is?" Harriet was the favorite. Bar-none. She was considered the baby, even though she was one half a set of twins, and her family thought their 'teasing' was all in good fun whenever they brought up their favoritism.
Back to top Go down
Hassan | Tobias

Hassan | Tobias

PostSubject: Re: Rap Session (PRP: Hassan & Harriet)   Rap Session (PRP: Hassan & Harriet) Clock10Sat Oct 21, 2017 11:54 pm

Hassan looked up at her, making direct eye contact. He had never thought about it that way before. Harriet was giving him a perspective he'd never considered.

"I see. Truth be told, I only ever wanted what was best for Tobias. I wanted him to feel successful. Hell, when we measured each other's heights as a kid, I always gave him an extra inch. He was so proud."

He thought about his childhood for a moment. "I...guess I never thought about it before, but yes. I was getting the good grades in school, and Tobias was the class clown flunking out of art. Our parents were definitely more proud of me and disappointed in him."

He smiled. "Thank you for helping me see something I hadn't seen before. But I have to ask: What made you decide to help me?"
Back to top Go down
Harriet_Jane_Jules

Harriet_Jane_Jules

PostSubject: Re: Rap Session (PRP: Hassan & Harriet)   Rap Session (PRP: Hassan & Harriet) Clock10Sun Oct 22, 2017 12:33 am

"If I'm being completely honest... Tobias wanted mine and Jane's vote to eliminate you. He ranted for a while about how much he wants to crush you, and I couldn't help but think how I would feel if Jane said that about me." She put a hand over her heart as she said that. Cheesy, probably not very believable, but she genuinely felt like something was VERY wrong with these siblings.

"We ARE in a competition, but if I were in your place I would want a little more time to work things out. Whoever goes up in Nico's place, we'll be voting for them... I'm also pretty worried about what he'll fill Jane's head with since they're spending so much time alone together."
Back to top Go down
Hassan | Tobias

Hassan | Tobias

PostSubject: Re: Rap Session (PRP: Hassan & Harriet)   Rap Session (PRP: Hassan & Harriet) Clock10Sun Oct 22, 2017 12:47 am

Hassan is in school to become a lawyer, but that didn't mean he was great at picking up false signals. Even if Harriet was over-the-top, any suspicion Hassan had was buried beneath his feelings toward his brother. After all, Harriet really could relate to him. And being open about that made her seem nice in his book.

"Well, if Tobias wants me out, I guess I shouldn't be too surprised that he's trying to turn votes against me...I have to make this right. I don't know how yet, but it needs to happen." He reached out his hand for Harriet to shake it. "And you: I appreciate all you've told me. I'm glad you're on my side for this."

"You're right — I need more time. For Tobias's sake, and Jane's as well."
Back to top Go down
Harriet_Jane_Jules

Harriet_Jane_Jules

PostSubject: Re: Rap Session (PRP: Hassan & Harriet)   Rap Session (PRP: Hassan & Harriet) Clock10Sun Oct 22, 2017 12:53 am

She shook his hand with a smile and a laugh. "Go work things out with your brother. Just... don't mention our talk to him. If he finds out we didn't vote for you, that might not be great for Jane's little crush on the tr--terrific person. That your brother is."
Back to top Go down
Hassan | Tobias

Hassan | Tobias

PostSubject: Re: Rap Session (PRP: Hassan & Harriet)   Rap Session (PRP: Hassan & Harriet) Clock10Sun Oct 22, 2017 1:15 am

He didn't even think twice about the words she almost let slip. He was too caught up in the game plan he hoped to set in motion — if it wasn't too late.

"I won't mention it. You have my word."

He got up and walked towards the exit. Before he left, he turned his head to the side to look at her one more time, smiling.

"And, Harriet...You seem like a great sister."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rap Session (PRP: Hassan & Harriet)   Rap Session (PRP: Hassan & Harriet) Clock10

Back to top Go down

Rap Session (PRP: Hassan & Harriet)
Page 1 of 1