School's Out! Welcome to Mad House 4. This season features 16 house guests battling it out in High School Clique-themed teams.
Who are you rooting for: the Jocks, the Populars, the Nerds or the Outcasts?

HomeHome  PortalPortal  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Week 1 - Getting Settled

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Rae

PostSubject: Week 1 - Getting Settled   Sun Mar 18, 2018 5:17 pm

The second the house guests were left to their own devices, Rae was off to pick a room. She had seen this show before and she knew how important it was to stake your claim so you didn't end up in a room with all the... leftovers.

Too soon to get into that mindset though! She gave herself a mental pep talk, 'treat others how you wanna be treated' and all, and flopped onto the bed furthest from the door. Maybe she'd wait to unpack... just in case someone insufferable decided to room with her.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jay

PostSubject: Re: Week 1 - Getting Settled   Sun Mar 18, 2018 6:38 pm

Jay pokes his head around the corner of one of the bedroom. The first thing he does is let out a huge, exaggerated 'GASP'.

'Oh these... These colors match my style for sure.' he casually swings his bag over his shoulder and enters. He gets greeted by the sight of a girl.

'Look at that, someone beat me to the punch eh?' He drops the bag and leans against the wall in a carefree way.

'What may your name be, love?' he playfully winks at her.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rae

PostSubject: Re: Week 1 - Getting Settled   Sun Mar 18, 2018 6:42 pm

She sits up with a wave and an easy smile. A friendly one! Thank god! A little dramatic, but friendly.

"Rae! And you're Jay, right?" She giggled, "Rae and Jay, oh god now we HAVE to be friends. Our names go together way too well."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jay

PostSubject: Re: Week 1 - Getting Settled   Sun Mar 18, 2018 6:52 pm

He chuckles.
'Well hello to you, Rae. Jay it is - Jay Trubel.' He snatches the guitar bag from his back.

'Jay and Rae' he strums the guitar after saying their names. 'Oooh yeah I like the sound of that for suuuure' he grins and puts it down.

'So, I guess we'll be sharing a room this season, if you can manage to survive me and our future roommates.'

Last edited by Jay on Sun Mar 18, 2018 8:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Natalie

PostSubject: Re: Week 1 - Getting Settled   Sun Mar 18, 2018 6:55 pm

After hearing Val's announcement about getting settled in and picking rooms, Natalie dashed to grab one of her bags and her sewing machine. She has seen these kind of shows for years and the first rule is to pick a room and do it fast. Hurrying up the stairs and into the first room that had the door open. She entered the room so quickly that she got foot caught on the edge of the bed and almost face planted before catching herself with the base board. Plopping the heavy machine onto one of the beds, she almost didn't notice the goth girl and the man with killer hair across the room from her. Well she embarrassed herself in front of TWO people. Great.

Maybe this could be a good chance to be friendly with some of her roommates. Sure they might get the impression that she just learned how to walk five minutes ago, but maybe her actually saying something will help...maybe.

"Um hello there! It's really nice to meet you both...again...as we were just in the living room...Anyways, my name is Natalie."

She says this as she extends her hand for a handshake. Smooth Natalie, smooth...as chunky peanut butter.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rae

PostSubject: Re: Week 1 - Getting Settled   Sun Mar 18, 2018 7:23 pm

Rae smirked and lounged back on her bed. Seemed like a lot of the outcasts were gonna be in this room, and that suited her just fine. She held out her hand but made no move to walk up to Natalie. "I mean, we can't really count that as meeting each other. We can have a little ice breaker session once this room fills up."

"Let's see, we've got... a musician, a... Cosplayer? I wanna say?" She motioned towards Nat's pins and sewing machine. "Rock on. And I'm into lots of artsy stuff--like illustrations and stuff?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ryan

PostSubject: Re: Week 1 - Getting Settled   Sun Mar 18, 2018 8:02 pm

Suddenly, Ryan bursts into the room with a huge smile on his face. "Hey ROOMIES!"
He places his belongings on the bed next to Natalie's. "No one's taking this spot right?" He smiles at her and then looks at Rae and Jay. "Hope I wasn't interrupting a deep convo, guys." He scratches the back of his head.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jedd

PostSubject: Re: Week 1 - Getting Settled   Sun Mar 18, 2018 8:10 pm

Jedd walks by and peeks his head in, carrying his luggage "Uh has anyone claimed this room already??" He looks around and see's 3 other people standing there, talking and taking their luggage out. He scratches his chin and walks into the room, dragging his stuff behind him.

He looks around the the room and goes to the bed closer to the corner then throws his things on the bed "Hi again...I guess."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rae

PostSubject: Re: Week 1 - Getting Settled   Sun Mar 18, 2018 8:27 pm

Oh you can interrupt my deep convos anytime you like~

... is what she would’ve liked to say. But Rae settled for just waving to her new roommates. Jay, Natalie, Ryan, Jedd and herself—the room was finally full. “Not at all! But as roomies, maybe it’s time to start a deep convo? Or at least get to know each other—we’re gonna be roomies for a while! At least I hope so.”
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Natalie

PostSubject: Re: Week 1 - Getting Settled   Sun Mar 18, 2018 8:59 pm

As soon as she saw that Rae wasn't getting getting up from her bed, Natalie walked over the side of her bed and grabbed her hand.

"Yeah, that sounds like a great idea actually. That could be a lot of fun"

All of a sudden, a loud banging of the door opening nearly scared the life out of her. Two men, that she remembered was named Ryan and Jedd, entered the room with friendly delight. She's sharing a room with three guys in it? Yes there is also one other girl but THREE GUYS?! Trying to control her breathing the best she can, she noticed that Ryan was looking in her direction and asked her a question.

"No no no, it's fine. Be my guest hehe."

Having a deep conversation?! Yeah, that could be something she could get into. Maybe it would make her less awkward around these strangers. Might as well since she has to sleep in the same room as them.

"Sure! I would love that. Where do we start though?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Trixie

PostSubject: Re: Week 1 - Getting Settled   Sun Mar 18, 2018 9:18 pm

Entering the room with two rolling bags and a purse, the first thing she sees is that Jedd and Ryan were in the room. She definetly wants to share room with them, she really likes their energy. Jay is just... odd, but she is willing to give him an opportunity. On the other hand Natalie and Rae were rubbing Trixie the wrong way.

"What's good in here? I was just watching the rooms. I really like the colour on this one and I know we're gonna have a fun time here so I'll just leave my stuff here real quick" She headed to the bed furthest from the door. She noticed some belongings in there but quickly took them out and placed her stuff there.

"There... Settled" She clapped her hands as if she was cleaning them
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rae

PostSubject: Re: Week 1 - Getting Settled   Sun Mar 18, 2018 9:42 pm

And, of course, the bed that had been cleaned off was Rae's... Rae's bed that she was still sitting on. Rae screwed up her mouth in a sneer and shot a glare at Trixie, but didn't budge. "Um. This spot's taken."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jedd

PostSubject: Re: Week 1 - Getting Settled   Sun Mar 18, 2018 10:45 pm

Jedd bends down to pick Rae's things and stares at Trixie "Um Trixie is it?? T-this spot was taken already by her and it seems.." his voice sounded smaller "this bedroom already has 5 memebers in it...s-sorry." He shrugs.

"It would've been fun with you here but unfortunately we're full."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Trixie

PostSubject: Re: Week 1 - Getting Settled   Mon Mar 19, 2018 3:39 pm

"Well, yeah I know this place is taken... by me " She laughed sarcastically. "Did you guys see the other rooms walls? Hideous. No way I'm staying in those. Hope you don't mind tho haha but thank you anyways. You seem like a chill girl" Trixie was just playing dumb with Rae, she knew damn well she wanted THAT bed but she couldn't be seen as an agresive person in the house and she wasn't looking forward to share room with any of the outsiders on the other rooms.

"And yes Jedd boo, you know who I am. You've seen my moves downstairs and I saw yours. You get me?" She was starting to get a little flirty and a little more closer to Jedd just to change the topic of conversation.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rae

PostSubject: Re: Week 1 - Getting Settled   Mon Mar 19, 2018 6:08 pm

She scoffed at Trixie's sudden change of heart. "Oh no, sweetie, I do mind. You don't get to come in here and act rude, throw someone elses' things around, and then take a spot that's already been claimed. Unless you wanna camp out on the floor or bunk with someone who isn't me, this room's full." Really, Rae would've been fine with moving into another room, but now it was a PRIDE thing. She watched enough reality tv to know that any person who comes in acting like a damn child would be a PROBLEM.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jay

PostSubject: Re: Week 1 - Getting Settled   Mon Mar 19, 2018 7:23 pm

Jay laughs forcefully and steps in between the girls.

'Girls girls, there is no need to fight here.' he puts his hands on both Trixie's and Rae's shoulders. He reassuringly squeezes Rae's shoulder and continues.

'Trixie was it right? Honestly I say the blue and green from the room next door totally make your eyes shine bright like... like...' he has trouble finding the right word. '-diamonds! Just like blue diamonds. I know for sure that it would match your style beautifully.'
He lets go of their shoulders and raises his arms.

'And don't get me started on the grey of the other room! You seem like a colorful and warm person, it will only give you a bigger spotlight.' he gives Trixie a hopeful smile, and at the same time stands in front of Rae.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jedd

PostSubject: Re: Week 1 - Getting Settled   Mon Mar 19, 2018 8:26 pm

Jedd smiles at Trixie "Well I guess you knew how to get down back there and that was quite entertaining of you ask me." He flirts back, trying to calm her down and get her attention away from Rae.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Trixie

PostSubject: Re: Week 1 - Getting Settled   Mon Mar 19, 2018 10:25 pm

Trixie had kept a mad face directly at Rae during the whole argument, until she heard the wise words of Jay who she thought, was probably right, "Whatever grey also looks good on me tho, plus I take the spotlight with me". Said while picking her stuff back up. She would eventually get that bed, sooner or later.

She then noticed that Jedd was taking the friendly-flirting on a next level-awkward "Yeah right lil' boy. You too" She turned around leaving the room in confusion.

"It smelled like fake hair dye in here anyways" She didn't whisppered.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Natalie

PostSubject: Re: Week 1 - Getting Settled   Mon Mar 19, 2018 10:52 pm

As she witnesses the tussle from her respective bed, Natalie looks on in nervous terror. Could she even say anything? She has a feeling deep down that no matter what she said, this loud-mouthed girl isn't going to take what she says seriously? Her meek nature would be enough to make someone like her laugh. On the plus side, it seems like Jedd and Jay have a good grasp on the situation. Flattery is truly the best way to get what you want if you have the charm for it. They clearly do. Why is she sweating now?

As Trixie struts her way out of the room, Natalie looks back at an angry Rae. She doesn't know if this might help but maybe saying something nice to her might with the awkward tension in the room.

"If it means anything, I like how your hair looks. It's a really pretty color."

Then an old idea came back to her.

"Hey, maybe we could still do that ice breaker thing you were talking about."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jedd

PostSubject: Re: Week 1 - Getting Settled   Mon Mar 19, 2018 10:55 pm

After Trixie left, he let out a sigh and giggled a bit "Aw man that weird flirting of mine was way off...I do a lot better than that but I just had to so she can leave." He takes his beanie off and goes to his backpack to unload things.

"Don't worry your hair looks fine and don't smell funky."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Natalie

PostSubject: Re: Week 1 - Getting Settled   Tue Mar 20, 2018 11:03 am

Natalie knows a thing or two about wigs and there is no way that Rae's hair could be a wig. Plus, if she was to be frank, Trixie should take a look at her weaves really soon. It's starting to look pretty messy. But she did find it a little funny that Rae lifted up her long locks to prove a point.

"No need to worry. Maybe she's just jealous of your hair."

As she saw Rae give her a really sweet smile, she thought it was only right to return it. This girl knows how to make and outcast feel welcome. Hopefully they could be friends!

"Yeah! That sounds like a great idea! You should go first since it was your idea. Right guys?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rae

PostSubject: Re: Week 1 - Getting Settled   Tue Mar 20, 2018 11:19 am

When Jay and Jedd started stepping into the situation, she knew she’d messed up. Bring it down, Rae, bring it down. She was so embarrassed by her blunder that she even started to blush. Have you ever seen a goth girl blush? There’s no hiding that shit.

When Trixie was out of the room, she stood up and started putting away her things, which Jedd had been SO kind as to pick up for her. She managed an awkward little laugh. “Haha, yea… Sorry about that. I just really don’t like to give people like that an inch. Who tosses other peoples’ things around like that and then tries to laugh it off? Rude. People. That’s who. Her insult wasn’t even good.” She ran her fingers through one of her ponytails. “Is she saying that my hair’s a wig or that I don’t dye it?”

“But, Nat’s right. We were gonna try an icebreaker game!” She shot a wink and a brilliant smile at the other girl. In her experience, meek people just want to feel included. They open right up if you’re just nice to them! “If you guys are still up for it?”

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Harley

PostSubject: Re: Week 1 - Getting Settled   Tue Mar 20, 2018 1:53 pm

As Harley makes her way down the hall, she peers into the doorway to see a whole bunch of people chilling and having a blast. Maybe it's because Trixie has been banished from this room. In order to not look intrusive, she leans against the doorway and places her stuff by her feet.

"Hey guys...would you mind if I bunked in here with all of you. It felt a little too...crowded in my room." She kinda lied, but she wanted to get away from Trixie THIS badly. And this room seemed the most inviting to her. People are actually having a good time in here. That is what she liked the most about it.

"If not, I can totally sleep on the floor. I don't mind at all."

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jedd

PostSubject: Re: Week 1 - Getting Settled   Tue Mar 20, 2018 2:11 pm

Jedd smiles real big "I am up for any game!! Count me in!" He folds everything neatly in the bottom drawers and folds up his socks "Don't mind me folding my socks...I tend to do that a lot." He places a picture on the top drawer.

He see's Harley standing there and then spoke. He nods "Well...even though the room did say 5 beds but it never said you can't have a extra person here if you share soo I will ne glad to give up mine and I'll sleep on the floor, unless you want to share?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rae

PostSubject: Re: Week 1 - Getting Settled   Tue Mar 20, 2018 2:36 pm

Rae’s eyes lit up upon Harley’s arrival. YES! A chance to redeem herself! She’d just give up her bed, offer to sleep on the floor, and--

”I will be glad to give up mine and I'll sleep on the floor, unless you want to share?"

Oh shit. Ladies man Jedd already beat her to it. Nevertheless, she hopped up and grabbed her still-unpacked luggage, motioning towards her bed. “Or you can take mine. Jedd, you’re already unpacked and I’ve already created a stir. I don’t mind giving up my spot.”
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Week 1 - Getting Settled   

Back to top Go down

Week 1 - Getting Settled
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next