The Mad House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This season, contestants compete in hellish challenges for a chance at safety--and a heavenly cash prize--in Mad House 8: Heaven and Hell

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Inspecting the Goods

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Lacey

Lacey

Inspecting the Goods Empty
PostSubject: Inspecting the Goods   Inspecting the Goods Clock10Mon Jul 15, 2019 7:42 pm

She would probably deny it if called out, but Lacey was an energy drink addict. Hell Week had her particularly frustrated due to not being able to drink her beloved nectar, so she decided to raid the pantry and attempt to hide most of the energy drinks for herself. She's hoping nobody will catch her in the act~
"Seriously? The BLUE Monster? Trash..."
Back to top Go down
Nate

Nate

PostSubject: Re: Inspecting the Goods   Inspecting the Goods Clock10Mon Jul 15, 2019 7:47 pm

Nate had gotten the thought to search the pantry for anything edible after Val's announcement. He figured that if he could gather enough to stave off hunger, he could avoid the slop - at least, as much as he'd be able to. They'd probably force him to imbibe it at some point.

It's only when he enters the pantry that he realizes that someone had the same idea - though she seems to be more focused on energy drinks than anything else. He glances at some of the cans she's holding. Why would anyone drink that stuff when a good, strong coffee could do the same thing? It doesn't make much sense to him."

"If this is first come, first serve, then I s'pose I'm lucky that I'm one of the first," Nate comments, shoving a small bag of barbecue potato chips into his pockets. "Though considering this whole Hell Week business, I don't reckon this stuff's gonna last real long."
Back to top Go down
Birdy

Birdy

PostSubject: Re: Inspecting the Goods   Inspecting the Goods Clock10Mon Jul 15, 2019 7:55 pm

Birdy quietly opened the door to the pantry, visibly uncomfortable, and then surprised to see two others already in the room. “Oh! Hello, I suppose I’m busted, eh? I was hoping I might find some cahfee in here. You two haven’t happened to see any, eh?” Birdy closes the door behind and examines the shelves. Bread, chips, cans of vegetables, blue monster...
Back to top Go down
Lacey

Lacey

PostSubject: Re: Inspecting the Goods   Inspecting the Goods Clock10Mon Jul 15, 2019 7:55 pm

Lacey got spooked for a brief moment but then she notices it's just Nate and is able to breathe again.
"I mean, you could always just return in the dead of night, dressed in an all black attire like in the movies and blame the missing food on somebody else! Not that I've considered it or anything..." She shrugged.

Lacey stood still upon Birdy's arrival. She had mixed feelings when it came to older authoritarian-looking people.
"I think I saw some next to that big orange bowl on your left." She points.
Back to top Go down
Nate

Nate

PostSubject: Re: Inspecting the Goods   Inspecting the Goods Clock10Mon Jul 15, 2019 8:02 pm

Nate grunts a little and points at a random shelf. "I think I saw some grounds o'er yonder, but I'm not sure whether they'd let you make it. Dunno if coffee breaks the rules of Hell Week, or... whatever." Man, he's not used to this kind of thing. Are TV shows that stringent about their challenges? He'd only given the show's contract a cursory skim before signing on.

He chuckles at Lacey's statement, though he's too busy inching towards a box of Devil Dogs on the shelf to turn and look at her. "I reckon that'd cause more drama in the house than anything. You probably made the right choice, bein' honest about it." Nate shrugs his shoulders, grabbing a Devil Dog in the process. "It's only food, nothin' worth causin' a fuss over."
Back to top Go down
Birdy

Birdy

PostSubject: Re: Inspecting the Goods   Inspecting the Goods Clock10Mon Jul 15, 2019 8:07 pm

“Oh thank heavens! You’re a saint!” Birdy dives into the corner and finds the big cans of coffee that Lacey had seen. Already brewed, unlike the grounds that Nate found, but Birdy will remember those for later once Hell Week is over. She considered if it might be breaking the rules, be then she remembered Lacey walking into the kitchen earlier with an energy drink. So she opened the can and drank the coffee. Might not be hot coffee, but coffee is coffee and she’ll take whatever she can get to calm her jitters. “What’s your name again young lady? This old bitty ought to give you a proper thanks!” Birdy extends her hand to Lacy intending to shake it.
Back to top Go down
Lacey

Lacey

PostSubject: Re: Inspecting the Goods   Inspecting the Goods Clock10Mon Jul 15, 2019 8:09 pm

"Oh, no problemo! It's Lacey." She casually shakes Birdy's hand.

"That's true, but drama is inevitable. I can't help but wonder who will snap first and over what exactly. Any hypotheticals that come to your mind? Like, have you two seen any sketchy behavior? You know, apart from that one whack chick that planned on stealing all the energy drinks, heh..." She tucked a strand of hair behind her ear awkwardly.
Back to top Go down
Birdy

Birdy

PostSubject: Re: Inspecting the Goods   Inspecting the Goods Clock10Mon Jul 15, 2019 8:21 pm

Birdy looks surprised at the question. “Oh my! It seems like we’re all having fun right now, right? I think I’m a little scared of that loud boy with the pretty hair Ohohoho! But I’m sure he’s a very nice boy, not sketchy at all.” Birdy is quiet for a moment and leans in close, “Have you?”
Back to top Go down
Lacey

Lacey

PostSubject: Re: Inspecting the Goods   Inspecting the Goods Clock10Mon Jul 15, 2019 8:28 pm

"Nothing too out of the ordinary except maybe this one dude, Kaden was his name, I think...this is gonna sound kinda petty, but I noticed he was staring at my chest for a while. He also gave out a douchey f*ckboi demeanor in general. I'm probably exaggerating, but I'll be wary of him."
Back to top Go down
Birdy

Birdy

PostSubject: Re: Inspecting the Goods   Inspecting the Goods Clock10Mon Jul 15, 2019 8:34 pm

“Oh! How rude of him!” Birdy scowls. “That behavior is not acceptable while I’m around.” Birdy wags her finger in a manner that says ‘I disapprove of his shenanigans’ and goes on. “You let me know if he does anything else to you and we can set him straight together, eh? You’d be better off to find a nice boy.” Birdy smiles kindly. And puts her hand on Lacey’s shoulder.
Back to top Go down
Lacey

Lacey

PostSubject: Re: Inspecting the Goods   Inspecting the Goods Clock10Mon Jul 15, 2019 8:37 pm

Lacey laughs awkwardly. "Uhhm, I'm not looking for any boys, haha! I'm uhh, gay actually. And I have a girlfriend back home. But I appreciate the sentiment!"
Back to top Go down
Birdy

Birdy

PostSubject: Re: Inspecting the Goods   Inspecting the Goods Clock10Mon Jul 15, 2019 8:43 pm

“Ohhh my! How wonderful!” Birdy appears sentimental, “and you are in love aren’t you? I can tell when you talk about her! Love is such a beautiful thing, isn’t it?” Birdy hugs Lacey suddenly. “Oh my forgive me! You just got me thinkin’ About when I met my dear Alfred.. I sure do miss him today!”
Back to top Go down
Lacey

Lacey

PostSubject: Re: Inspecting the Goods   Inspecting the Goods Clock10Mon Jul 15, 2019 8:49 pm

"Definitely, she's pretty much the best thing to ever happen to me, haha." She pauses in confusion. She wasn't sure if the man Birdy is referring to was dead or alive, but decided to take a shot in the dark.
"And I'm sure Alfred misses you too dearly!" She grins and gently pats Birdy on the back.
Back to top Go down
Nate

Nate

PostSubject: Re: Inspecting the Goods   Inspecting the Goods Clock10Mon Jul 15, 2019 8:53 pm

Nate, who up until that point had been occupied with copping an apocalypse bunker's worth of preservative-filled snacks, turns around and snickers at Lacey's remark. "That fella was parading around like a chicken with no head, and he'll be picked off just as easy as one if he doesn't start watchin' himself." He pops open one of his bags of chips, letting the cheesy dust fly out in a cloud before dissipating into the air.

Love talk is an area that he isn't all that versed in, but he keeps an eye on Lacey and Birdy as they talk. This conversation could go one of two ways, depending on whether this Alfred was actually dead or not - and he didn't want to be on the wrong side of whatever it was. He pops a chip into his mouth, crunching it. He's very 👀 right about now.
Back to top Go down
Lacey

Lacey

PostSubject: Re: Inspecting the Goods   Inspecting the Goods Clock10Mon Jul 15, 2019 9:08 pm

Lacey keeps on grinning as she shoots Nate a glare that screams 'Please step in and change the subject before I die of awkwardness' over Birdy's shoulder.
Back to top Go down
Birdy

Birdy

PostSubject: Re: Inspecting the Goods   Inspecting the Goods Clock10Mon Jul 15, 2019 9:09 pm

“Yes, yes I’m sure he does. I’m sure he and my dear daughter Janie are back home rooting for me right now!” Tension that Birdy didn’t realize she created settles down and Birdy turns to Nate. “Ohoho! I hope we didn’t make you uncomfortable with all our gushy love talk! So what brings you into the pantry?”
Back to top Go down
Nate

Nate

PostSubject: Re: Inspecting the Goods   Inspecting the Goods Clock10Mon Jul 15, 2019 9:14 pm

Thank god, the day is saved. Nate lets out a small breath that he didn't even realize that he was holding. "Nah, nah," he raises his hands up slightly. "Ain't nothin' wrong with it - I'm just not used to it. Most of the folks I meet on the road just talk about traveling and sports radio, so this sure is a change."

Nate leans back against one of the shelves, his broad shoulders relaxing. "Same thing as you folks, I imagine. Tryin' to get my hands on some edible food before it all gets picked up - I expected it to be a madhouse here... uh, pun not intended. But it seems like everyone had other ideas." He takes another chip and breaks off a piece of it with his teeth. "I dunno how I'm gonna do on the challenges yet, so I figure I might as well prepare for the worst. I don't wanna be eating slop for God knows how many weeks."
Back to top Go down
Lacey

Lacey

PostSubject: Re: Inspecting the Goods   Inspecting the Goods Clock10Tue Jul 16, 2019 9:30 am

"Ugh, you and me both. That stuff is literally edible vomit. I hope we all get out of Hell Week with our taste buds still functioning." She shivers.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Inspecting the Goods   Inspecting the Goods Clock10

Back to top Go down

Inspecting the Goods
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Mad House :: Past Seasons :: Mad House 8 :: The House :: First Floor :: Pantry/Storage Room-
Jump to: