The Mad House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This season, contestants compete in hellish challenges for a chance at safety--and a heavenly cash prize--in Mad House 8: Heaven and Hell

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Last Second Discussion [PRVIATE RP w/ Devika and Lacey

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Devika

Devika

Last Second Discussion [PRVIATE RP w/ Devika and Lacey  Empty
PostSubject: Last Second Discussion [PRVIATE RP w/ Devika and Lacey    Last Second Discussion [PRVIATE RP w/ Devika and Lacey  Clock10Sat Aug 03, 2019 7:27 pm

Devika had said the first night when Lacey was on the block, she had promised to look after her. She just wishes she had done a bit better, seeing as they had been in an out throughout the game, and now she was looking at the likely chance of going home. Walking in not long after she won, Devika had to be honest.

”...D-Do I have any chance of using the veto on me? I just want to know if, um, I have a shot.”
Back to top Go down
Lacey

Lacey

PostSubject: Re: Last Second Discussion [PRVIATE RP w/ Devika and Lacey    Last Second Discussion [PRVIATE RP w/ Devika and Lacey  Clock10Sat Aug 03, 2019 7:42 pm

Lacey sets aside the cans of Monster she had gathered up in celebration of her win upon Devika's entrance. She didn't expect her to be so straight forward.

"Depends, Dev..." She scratches her head. "In this point in time I gotta make room for a healthy dose of selfishness, soooo...what do I get out of saving you?" Lacey felt sympathetic towards the frail girl, but Kaden's scoop had her questioning so many things.
Back to top Go down
Devika

Devika

PostSubject: Re: Last Second Discussion [PRVIATE RP w/ Devika and Lacey    Last Second Discussion [PRVIATE RP w/ Devika and Lacey  Clock10Sat Aug 03, 2019 8:22 pm

Devika was taken a bit back. Not to say Lacey wasn’t an intelligent player, but rather they had been on friendly terms. Devika maybe expected a bit more of an emotional plea.

”Well, I... um...” Devika took a deep breath, “I think it’s hard to make choices. In this game, I mean, a-and... I have been a bit all over the place, but I have tried to stay a woman of my word. I think that maybe, because I have won competitions... or come close, but... I have done well at challenges. I came close this time, too. If you can save me, the least I can do is save you down the line. If I win House Ambassador, or Power of Protection, you can tell me who you’d would like safe. If you or someone you care about is on the block, I can keep them safe too. That’s the promise I would make to you. To protect you and the people you care about. Maybe this seems a bit idealized, but... I realized I can win competitions. Comes close. You’ve been nothing but nice to me, and if you keep me safe, I want to help you and your friends. That’s the least I could do for giving me and Nate another week in this game.
Back to top Go down
Lacey

Lacey

PostSubject: Re: Last Second Discussion [PRVIATE RP w/ Devika and Lacey    Last Second Discussion [PRVIATE RP w/ Devika and Lacey  Clock10Sun Aug 04, 2019 8:50 am

Lacey hears Devika out and while she does make a compelling offer, Lacey can't help but be skeptical.
"It is ,uhh, very idealized indeed. Don't get me wrong, you did prove yourself as a strong competitor in these challenges, but..." Lacey starts thinking about what Kaden said again. She knew it'd be best to just stay quiet about it & wanted to do it, but she hated people bullshitting her & had to address it.
"OK look, Kaden told me you and Rico wanted me and Nigel nominated, because y'all thought nobody would give a shit about us, while everyone likes Naz and Mark. Is that remotely true?"
Back to top Go down
Devika

Devika

PostSubject: Re: Last Second Discussion [PRVIATE RP w/ Devika and Lacey    Last Second Discussion [PRVIATE RP w/ Devika and Lacey  Clock10Sun Aug 04, 2019 10:52 am

Foolish, foolish Devika.

Kaden never cared about her. Not for a second.

You could see her heartbreak, and her eyes well up. She took a deep breath.

”... That is not what I said. At all,” Devika said, trying to hold her composure, “When... When Bertrand won the veto competition, Kaden had dragged Rico and I into a room and told us Mark was the person responsible for spreading the rumor about the all guys’ alliance. I—... I just couldn’t believe that. I didn’t them up on the block this week because I knew neither of them had done anything wrong and I didn’t want them punished for something I felt was a lie. ... That’s when Rico had mentioned how people thought Nigel was intending to use the veto on Chen, and his aura reading made him unpredictable, and that’s why the three of us talked about putting you up on the block. I— I-I never implied that nobody cared about either of you at all. I just didn’t want Mark to take the fall for what I felt like was a lie by Kaden. I’m sorry that your name was brought up in the mix of all that, but it was never phrased like anything like that.”

Devika took a deep breath, “I’m sorry, I’m just confused... Kaden told me we were okay, and now he’s saying I have been trashing people in the house? Did he really say all that?”
Back to top Go down
Lacey

Lacey

PostSubject: Re: Last Second Discussion [PRVIATE RP w/ Devika and Lacey    Last Second Discussion [PRVIATE RP w/ Devika and Lacey  Clock10Sun Aug 04, 2019 11:12 am

"He said you guys wanted us gone and would target us after you get rid of him." She sighed.
"Putting up Nigel, because y'all thought he was sketchy sounds reasonable, but nobody came to consult me and tell me I'd be at risk, which feeds into Kaden's narrative. You said it yourself, I've been nothing but nice to you, and yet here you are finally talking to me about stuff BUT only after I won a challenge."
Lacey was becoming frustrated. However, she didn't want to completely disregard Devika. She still needed her input.
"Kaden came to me about it before anything happened, before the POP. Why couldn't you? Instead I had to hear all that from him. You should know I really don't want to believe him. He admitted that the whole rumor thing was a lie, but it appears there is some truth to what he said about me and Nigel." Lacey puts her hand on Devika's shoulder.
"Devika, why on earth did the audience nominate you and Nate? Why wasn't it Kaden if all he says is incorrect? I really want to believe you just got tangled up in somebody else's mess, you know..."
Back to top Go down
Devika

Devika

PostSubject: Re: Last Second Discussion [PRVIATE RP w/ Devika and Lacey    Last Second Discussion [PRVIATE RP w/ Devika and Lacey  Clock10Sun Aug 04, 2019 12:29 pm

”... I don’t think there’s anything I could say, except for I’m sorry,” Devika said, “I’m sorry I didn’t turn to you for all of this. You had every right to know and I was caught up in everything, I just wasn’t thinking clearly. I should have approached you before the PoP competition and told you everything.”

She took a deep breath. Devika was having a hard time hearing all of this, especially knowing Kaden had lied about the all guys’ alliance, too. “I know it’s going to take time, but I promise you I will do what it takes to earn your trust back. I do care about you, and I... I have realized I need to work on my communication skills a lot more. I keep everything inside my head instead of stating how I feel. You should have known how I felt before this point. If there’s any way I could take that back, I would. I... I just can’t take that back now. All I can tell you is that I have made mistakes, but if you give me the chance to grow from that I will improve by tenfold. I will get better. I don’t know why I’m on the block. I don’t know.”

Devika wiped away a few tears. She was a bit overwhelmed, “I... was voicing my doubts about Kaden to him, and... maybe the audience likes him? Because he shakes things up? I wish I could give you a good answer.”

”Lacey, I made a lot of mistakes. I promise you, I’m owning up to them, but I don’t have a chance if you don’t believe in me. I can’t change what I have done, but I can grow from here if believe in me and take me off that block. That’s the best promise I can make to you.”
Back to top Go down
Lacey

Lacey

PostSubject: Re: Last Second Discussion [PRVIATE RP w/ Devika and Lacey    Last Second Discussion [PRVIATE RP w/ Devika and Lacey  Clock10Sun Aug 04, 2019 12:48 pm

Lacey was not expecting Devika to get so emotional. Apparently the game and certain people in it meant a lot to her.
"I'm sorry Dev, but I need more time to think this over by myself." And by that she meant she wanted to go speak with JC, currently one of the few people she could trust.

"I know you probably feel like things seem hopeless right now, but I'm sure that even if I don't use the POP you'd be safe. From what I gathered you have a lot of people who care about you in this house." She gives Devika a light hug. "If anything I already know all of this will help you grow regardless of the outcome. You already are by seeing that Kaden was no good for you. I hope you get to have your revenge on him somehow."
Back to top Go down
Devika

Devika

PostSubject: Re: Last Second Discussion [PRVIATE RP w/ Devika and Lacey    Last Second Discussion [PRVIATE RP w/ Devika and Lacey  Clock10Sun Aug 04, 2019 1:45 pm

She was a bit devastated. She understood Lacey needed to think about it, but being perceived as a liar and a snake was the last thing she expected in this game. That was overwhelming.

Returning Lacey’s hug, Devika signed, “Thank you for at least hearing me out. It means a lot.”
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Last Second Discussion [PRVIATE RP w/ Devika and Lacey    Last Second Discussion [PRVIATE RP w/ Devika and Lacey  Clock10

Back to top Go down

Last Second Discussion [PRVIATE RP w/ Devika and Lacey
Page 1 of 1