The Mad House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This season, contestants compete in hellish challenges for a chance at safety--and a heavenly cash prize--in Mad House 8: Heaven and Hell

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Panic Attack

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Jay

Jay

Panic Attack Empty
PostSubject: Panic Attack   Panic Attack Clock10Fri Sep 01, 2017 7:41 pm

Dio sits in the middle of the field, on top of the wet grass. His hands are resting on his crosses legs, curled up.
It's raining outside, but he doesn't even notice that. It's actually quite calming in a way.
His breathing hasn't slowed down yet, no matter how hard he tries.

'Panic attack' goes through his head.
Back to top Go down
Deressa

Deressa

Panic Attack Empty
PostSubject: Re: Panic Attack   Panic Attack Clock10Fri Sep 01, 2017 8:40 pm

Deressa notices Dio curled up in a ball and runs towards him.
"Dio? Ohmygod, are you okay?"
Back to top Go down
Jay

Jay

Panic Attack Empty
PostSubject: Re: Panic Attack   Panic Attack Clock10Sat Sep 02, 2017 3:04 am

Dio doesn't notice Deressa at first. He keeps hyperventillating, still unable to calm down. He is getting lightheaded from the attack and makes himself even smaller. Finally after Deressa comes closer and repeats her question once again he notices her.

He wasn't up for a chat with anyone, especially in this condition. Between breaths he quietly replies to Deressa without looking at her
"I'll- I'm- gonna be.... just.. leave m-"
Back to top Go down
Deressa

Deressa

Panic Attack Empty
PostSubject: Re: Panic Attack   Panic Attack Clock10Sat Sep 02, 2017 4:35 am

Deressa realizes he is having a panic attack. She needs to stay and help.
She takes off her jacket, puts it over Dio, so the rain won't distract him and lays down infront of him.
"Focus on your breathing. Everything is okay. I'm here for you. It's gonna be okay." She whispers.
She leans in closer and adds: "Look around the backyard. Can you tell me 3 things that you see and try to describe them to me in 3 words each?"
Back to top Go down
Jay

Jay

Panic Attack Empty
PostSubject: Re: Panic Attack   Panic Attack Clock10Sat Sep 02, 2017 4:51 am

Deressa stays with him, and whispers comforting words. While he doesn't want anyone to see him like this, it's actually comforting to have her around. He tries to focus on her words instead of on his breathing, and does as she says.

It actually helps, his breathing slows down and tries to sit in a less tense position. He's still a bit lightheaded, but knows that will be gone soon if he takes it easy.
He's kind of embarrassed by how fragile he must've looked, so he doesn't look at her when thanking her.
"...Thanks Deress..."
Back to top Go down
Deressa

Deressa

Panic Attack Empty
PostSubject: Re: Panic Attack   Panic Attack Clock10Sat Sep 02, 2017 5:14 am

"Don't mention it, big guy." Deressa pats Dio gently on the back.
"Let's get you inside before we both catch a cold." She helps him stand up.
Back to top Go down
Jay

Jay

Panic Attack Empty
PostSubject: Re: Panic Attack   Panic Attack Clock10Sat Sep 02, 2017 5:53 am

He mans up, nods at Deressa and walks back to the house with her. As expected he is dizzy now but doesn't want her to know, he already lost a part of his dignity and he doesn't want to play the victim card.

Once they make it to the house, Dio notices how cold he actually is.
"Yeah... it probably- wasn't such a good idea to sit outside in... the rain." he gives her a weak smile, and hands her the jacket.
Back to top Go down
Deressa

Deressa

Panic Attack Empty
PostSubject: Re: Panic Attack   Panic Attack Clock10Sat Sep 02, 2017 6:39 am

"It's okay, bad idea or not you were just looking for an escape. I get that. My mom had really bad anxiety attacks too." Deressa takes her jacket back and smiles at Dio.
"I need to go clean and blow dry this baby up real quick. You can go in the sitting room for now and keep focusing on your breathing. After I'm done I'll make you some tea before the ceremony starts!"
Back to top Go down
Jay

Jay

Panic Attack Empty
PostSubject: Re: Panic Attack   Panic Attack Clock10Sat Sep 02, 2017 7:18 am

He cracks a smile. "Yeah. Happens sometimes. Nerves get the best of me. Couldn't really think straight anymore"
He rolls up his soaked sleeves.
"Alright... Thanks again hm?" he winks playfully at her and carefully makes his way to the sitting room.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Panic Attack Empty
PostSubject: Re: Panic Attack   Panic Attack Clock10

Back to top Go down

Panic Attack
Page 1 of 1