The Mad House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This season, contestants compete in hellish challenges for a chance at safety--and a heavenly cash prize--in Mad House 8: Heaven and Hell

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Immune Buddies (w/ Bertrand)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Fifi

Fifi

Immune Buddies (w/ Bertrand) Empty
PostSubject: Immune Buddies (w/ Bertrand)   Immune Buddies (w/ Bertrand) Clock10Thu Aug 01, 2019 7:18 pm

Fifi had invited Bertrand into the sitting room for a little bonding session. If she was going to be partners with someone, she had to at least KNOW them a little bit. As Bertrand came in, Fifi closed the door quietly and squeezed her partner's hands. "Ooo, aren't you happy that we're both safe??" She sat down on the cushions and pulled a blanket over her lap. "You're lucky I won this for us 'less your ass would've been in trouble for tryin' to start that all guys alliance. Hm, chile..the audacity!" Fifi's tone shifted to one a bit more sarcastic, but she couldn't help but giggle a bit afterwards. "But anyways, where are you from Bertrand???? I wanna know a lil' bit about you. Let's talk about ourselves for a bit!"
Back to top Go down
Bertrand

Bertrand

PostSubject: Re: Immune Buddies (w/ Bertrand)   Immune Buddies (w/ Bertrand) Clock10Thu Aug 01, 2019 7:47 pm

Bertrand nodded as Fifi closed the door behind them. He had been meaning to speak with her, and now that they didn’t have to worry at all this week about being nominated, they could talk freely.

“I’m... happy that we are both safe too. Excellent job on getting the win for us both. And trust me. I did NOT attempt to start an all guys alliance, but... we’ll just have to get to that later, I suppose. I am from Columbus, Ohio. I’m not sure if you stated where you from on the first day, but where do you reside?”

Chit chat. Feels weird.
Back to top Go down
Fifi

Fifi

PostSubject: Re: Immune Buddies (w/ Bertrand)   Immune Buddies (w/ Bertrand) Clock10Thu Aug 01, 2019 8:54 pm

Fifi nodded and listened as Bertrand spoke. She honestly couldn't care less about the rumor anymore. The game had changed dramatically after the surprise backdoor, the partner twist, and NOW with the viewer's nomination. She had no clue what to expect next? As she listened on to Bertrand she smiles and nods. "Oh, I'm from Cleveland! It's a beautiful gem in the Mississippi Delta. It's a beautiful city and you should visit sometime. You'll get some of that good ol' southern hospitality!"

She layed down and adjusted herself under her blanket. "I work as a part-time nanny from time to time. Usually I'm dealin' with most of my relatives' children, but I'm well known for it 'round my community as well. If you couldn't tell, I'm a VERY family-oriented person, so people outside my family tend to trust me with their children." She smiles thinking of her life back home. "So, what do you do?"
Back to top Go down
Bertrand

Bertrand

PostSubject: Re: Immune Buddies (w/ Bertrand)   Immune Buddies (w/ Bertrand) Clock10Fri Aug 02, 2019 4:19 pm

Bertrand made a small smile on his face. It was actually refreshing to get to know other people and their lives.

“Well, I might just take your word on that and go visit Cleveland then. And it’s nice to see you friendly with children. I admittedly need to get over my annoyance about how children can be pesky sometimes, but otherwise, still nice to hear you have a job that has you be friendly with the youth. I actually don’t have a technical job yet, but I’m in my third year of college looking to be a therapist.” He smiled at those last words.
Back to top Go down
Fifi

Fifi

PostSubject: Re: Immune Buddies (w/ Bertrand)   Immune Buddies (w/ Bertrand) Clock10Sat Aug 03, 2019 7:38 am

"Oh I can agree with you a bit on that! My tolerance is HIGH when it comes to children, but SOME of them children just need they ass beat! A good ol' fashion whoopin' will teach a child a thing or two!" Fifi giggles. Her eyes widen at what Bertrand says next.

"Ooooo, a theeeerapiiiist!?" She scoots closer to him. "So you won't mind if I come cryin' to you with all my problems from here on out???" Fifi looks at him straight in the eyes. She was serious.
Back to top Go down
Bertrand

Bertrand

PostSubject: Re: Immune Buddies (w/ Bertrand)   Immune Buddies (w/ Bertrand) Clock10Sat Aug 03, 2019 7:31 pm

Bertrand made a dumbfounded expression on husband face as it went backward as he was surprised at what Fifi had just said. “I’d say that’s a bit too extreme. I mean, I have my own way of dealing with annoying children, but I don’t think I would go that violent. Then again, it seems to be a tradition in black culture”, he awkwardly chuckled.

“I... would not mind that actually. I was actually hoping for a chance to get to know how the lives of the people around me are. Would not mind that at all.”
Back to top Go down
Fifi

Fifi

PostSubject: Re: Immune Buddies (w/ Bertrand)   Immune Buddies (w/ Bertrand) Clock10Sat Aug 03, 2019 8:20 pm

"Now I ain't sayin' I beat OTHER people's children, no no no! That's just how I was raised, and I'll admit..I DID learn a thing or two!" Fifi giggled at Bertrand's reaction. He seemed like such a good kid growing up, someone who wouldn't hurt a fly. "Oh yeah, my mama and pappy used to give us whoopins ALL the DAMN time when we was young! Not anymore now that we're older and know better! But back then, it was usually 'cause there were a lot of us and we always thought we could get away with slick stuff!" Fifi recollects some of her memories. "Ooo! This one time, my brothah was dared by one of his friends to drive my mama's car. MIND YOU, he was only EIGHT years old, the suckah! This fool went and SNUCK my mama's keys while she was cookin' and unlocked the car. His friend IMMEDIANTLY ran off as my brothah accidently put the car into drive rather than reverse and drove RIGHT into the garage door! OOOo, he broke ALL my pappy's cassette tapes and some other junk he had stored in there!! My mama was LIVID. She grabbed that lil' boy by the ear and gave him an ASS WHOOPIN' with the very wooden spoon she was usin' to cook for us!" Fifi giggled as if what she said was the funniest thing ever. "WHEW chile...I remember it like it was just yesterday!"

As Fifi heard Bertrand's response to her question, she perked up and gave him a tight squeeze. "OH THANK GAWDT." The more people she could vent to, the better. Fifi pushes him away and and lays back down. "I could see you makin' a good therapist, Bertrand! You's such a good listener!" A frown soon appeared on her face. "Somethin' always confused me about people bein' therapists though." She looks at him, wondering if he would be able to answer her next question. "If people run to therapists with all THEIR problems, who's there to listen to them? Are there like...THERAPISTS that deal with OTHER therapists??" Fifi was stuck on this topic now. She always found interest in talking about aspirations.
Back to top Go down
Bertrand

Bertrand

PostSubject: Re: Immune Buddies (w/ Bertrand)   Immune Buddies (w/ Bertrand) Clock10Sat Aug 03, 2019 8:35 pm

”Believe it or not, I actually had my own instances of being a pain in the asses of my parents and my older siblings. I got hit occasionally since I was so happy go-lucky, annoying, hyper, and optimistic... glad I’m not like that anymore in the present. And your brother was... I think calling him reckless is an understatement. To be fair, he was eight as you said, but still... Actually, should I even be the one to judge him? The younger me probably would have done something foolish like that...”

“Thank you. I appreciate the compliment. And I... never realized that. Oh... my God. I probably do need my own therapist in the future... Dang.”
Back to top Go down
Fifi

Fifi

PostSubject: Re: Immune Buddies (w/ Bertrand)   Immune Buddies (w/ Bertrand) Clock10Sat Aug 03, 2019 9:02 pm

Fifi giggles. "My brothah was just stubborn. Still is, but throughout all his careless behavior he's gained a lot of wisdom! Shout out to you, Marquis!!" She waves to the camera and then raises her brows at what Bertrand says next. "Really??? HUH. Well, as long as we're in this house together...I like to think of MYSELF as a good listener too! Ooo, can I see those??" Without a moments hesitation, Fifi reaches over and grabs Bertrand's glasses and puts them on. Her vision immediantly went somewhat blurry. "Oh DAMN, h-how do you see with th-"

Immune Buddies (w/ Bertrand) Giphy

She sits up, turns her to face him more, and interlocks her fingers on her lap. Yeah, she was looking VERY professional, in her mind. "Hello, Mister Bertrand! I want you to start by tellin' me why you never feels as if you NEEDED a therapist before?" Seriously, she was starting to get a bit dizzy, but felt like she could at least manage a while longer.
Back to top Go down
Bertrand

Bertrand

PostSubject: Re: Immune Buddies (w/ Bertrand)   Immune Buddies (w/ Bertrand) Clock10Sat Aug 03, 2019 10:52 pm

Bertrand couldn’t exactly see well when Fifi swooped his glasses. It wasn’t impairing his life in any way, but it still would have been nice to be able to see with them. He could tell Fifi was trying to be playful in an admittedly... cute way by pretending to be his own therapist. He would play along.

“I suppose... it was because I feel I was taking the correct approach in life but... I’m starting to have doubts.”
Back to top Go down
Fifi

Fifi

PostSubject: Re: Immune Buddies (w/ Bertrand)   Immune Buddies (w/ Bertrand) Clock10Sun Aug 04, 2019 4:04 pm

Fifi gasped a bit. "Can you be a BIT more specific, Mister Bertrand? What are you having doubts about? Don't you worry, you're in a comfortable setting, and I'm here to LISTEN. Mhmm.." Oh yeah, she was NAILING this impression.
Back to top Go down
Bertrand

Bertrand

PostSubject: Re: Immune Buddies (w/ Bertrand)   Immune Buddies (w/ Bertrand) Clock10Sun Aug 04, 2019 4:41 pm

”I just... feel that perhaps I’m reacting to the real world problems in the wrong way. I mean, obviously the world is dealing with such turmoil, but after a talk with Birdy, maybe I should be more optimistic about things... like I used to be.”
Back to top Go down
Fifi

Fifi

PostSubject: Re: Immune Buddies (w/ Bertrand)   Immune Buddies (w/ Bertrand) Clock10Sun Aug 04, 2019 4:57 pm

"Oh sugah...the world will ALWAYS be in turmoil. But you can't hold the wait of the world on your shoulders! That ain't the way to go." Fifi listened as Bertrand talked of speaking to Birdy. Fifi was happy to hear that. Birdy always had a way of making others feel empowered. "Tell me more, Mister Bertrand." She bats her eyelashes at him, trying to appear more concerned, when in reality it was more so due to the eye strain. "Do you feel like your loved ones have made you less optimistic? Or maybe life itself? Talk to Fifi. I'm here to listen." She was really getting into her role.
Back to top Go down
Bertrand

Bertrand

PostSubject: Re: Immune Buddies (w/ Bertrand)   Immune Buddies (w/ Bertrand) Clock10Sun Aug 04, 2019 5:07 pm

We’re getting deep right about now. There was to the point of no return.

“I suppose you’re right about that. I just wish young people like us could do something fix it... and I suppose that they did. As I said before, I was very optimistic... in fact, I was the only optimistic one in my family. My parents and siblings were both deadpan, serious people. I on the other hand, was lively, hyper, and loud. And I still had a fixation of wanting to help people. But eventually, my parents got so sick of me being optimistic about life all the time, they made me watch current events going on in the world. Wars, murders, capitalism... it just opened my eyes in a way where I expected everything bad that can happen will happen. But now... I’m not too sure.”
Back to top Go down
Fifi

Fifi

PostSubject: Re: Immune Buddies (w/ Bertrand)   Immune Buddies (w/ Bertrand) Clock10Sun Aug 04, 2019 5:28 pm

"Learning about the realities of the world can be hard. War, hatred, people losing their lives everyday.." Fifi was definitely in understanding with Bertrand. But for his parents to make him watch such things at a young age due to his positive outlook on life...ouch! That was all stuff that Fifi typically learned through her schooling/growing up. But everyone was going to learn eventually, one way or another it seemed.

"Accepting reality at a young age is hard, Mister Bertrand. It seemed like you developed some pessimistic views due to that experience. But that don't mean that you still can't be optimistic. Have you ever considered that optimists accept and acknowledge reality too? You may not believe it, but you most likely accepted reality when you was young as well! You just didn't know ENOUGH about reality. But you still always accepted and acknowledged it. Have you ever thought about that?" As a fair optimist, Fifi was speaking from her own life. She could feel her eyes starting to twitch, but she was more focused on Bertrand than anything else.
Back to top Go down
Bertrand

Bertrand

PostSubject: Re: Immune Buddies (w/ Bertrand)   Immune Buddies (w/ Bertrand) Clock10Sun Aug 04, 2019 5:48 pm

”I agree with you on that point...”

“I... assumed optimists do know what go on in the real world. I just believe they just chose to ignore it. And I suppose I did accept and acknowledge reality, but I was never serious about it and would have possibly grew up doing silly things if I kept my younger mentality.”
Back to top Go down
Fifi

Fifi

PostSubject: Re: Immune Buddies (w/ Bertrand)   Immune Buddies (w/ Bertrand) Clock10Mon Aug 05, 2019 6:54 am

A tear streamed down Fifi's cheek as she stared at Bertrand. Oh yeah, the eye strain was getting to her. She took off the glasses and handed them back to him. "Oh my lawdt, take these.. they're makin' my eyes watery!" She blinked a couple times and wiped her eyes. Fifi didn't know how she'd done as a stand in therapist, but she at least felt as if she'd gotten Bertrand thinking.

"Maybe you should consider giving it a little try again! At the very least, you ain't as naive as you were as a child. Let the ignorant ones fool themselves. After all, there are intelligent optimists, who know how to keep a BALANCE, and there are foolish ones who become blinded. I feels like I know which one you'd rather be." Fifi chuckles. Not for a second did she take Bertrand as a fool.
Back to top Go down
Bertrand

Bertrand

PostSubject: Re: Immune Buddies (w/ Bertrand)   Immune Buddies (w/ Bertrand) Clock10Mon Aug 05, 2019 1:59 pm

Did... Did Fifi consider his backstory to be sympathetic enough that she shed a tear for him... Nah, probably not. He put his glasses back on and he could see his vision getting better.

"I... suppose you're right. I mean, I am very confident it will take many steps... but I think I can work my way there."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Immune Buddies (w/ Bertrand)   Immune Buddies (w/ Bertrand) Clock10

Back to top Go down

Immune Buddies (w/ Bertrand)
Page 1 of 1