The Mad House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This season, contestants compete in hellish challenges for a chance at safety--and a heavenly cash prize--in Mad House 8: Heaven and Hell

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Week 5 - Live Eviction

Go down 
+5
Bertrand
Narinder
Fifi
Devika
Val
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Val
Admin
Val

Week 5 - Live Eviction Empty
PostSubject: Week 5 - Live Eviction   Week 5 - Live Eviction Clock10Sat Aug 10, 2019 12:18 am

Val appears on the TV Monitor and greets the HouseGuests. "Hello, HouseGuests. Things are just getting more and more heated and we’re not even at the halfway mark." She laughs evilly and then turns to the nominees. "Nareindeer and Devillan. The time has now come for you to make your case and explain to your fellow housemates why you should stay.

One by one, all of you will head to the Diary Room and say who you want to EVICT (vote out). Lacey, as House Ambassador you will only vote in case of a tie."

Hey guys! So this voting ceremony is open until 5:00PM EST.

When voting to evict, send me your choice in your CONFESSIONAL ON DISCORD please. Do not vote in your Diary Room here in the forum. Thanks and if you have any questions feel free to ask!
Back to top Go down
https://the-mad-house.forumotion.com
Devika

Devika

PostSubject: Re: Week 5 - Live Eviction   Week 5 - Live Eviction Clock10Sat Aug 10, 2019 3:15 pm

This was it. Devika knew it as everyone else did. She looked among her houseguests, who had all been so happy together as friends. Now, she had looked exhausted and a bit reserved.

“...You all kept me here,” Devika said to herself, before speaking a bit louder, You all kept me here, for another week. When Nate was evicted over me, it wasn’t, ‘I’m glad you’re here’ or, ‘How are you feeling?’ It ended up being that people hoping I, ‘learned my lesson’ and, ‘I needed to do this on my own’. That genuinely hurt. I think some people were intending to be kind, but that... that broke me,  little.”

“I made a promise if given a second chance I would stand by the people who protected me, but it seems everybody who protected me walked out as soon as the numbers were announced. Yes, I lost my fire. Yes, I needed to handle things better. Yet, why am I expected to fix my mistakes on my own when I was not even given a second chance? I know a lot of it is my fault, as you have seen made apologize repeatedly, but there is no point in being told to apologize if I receive no forgiveness. If you choose to pride yourself off of your compassion or charitable nature, at least make an effort to prove you are as such.”

“I’m weak. I’m anxious. I’m hard to communicate with. Maybe even right now, I’m preachy. I understand those criticisms and I will not expect to be coddled in or outside of this house for my flaws. Yet, I will not stand around in this game and be criticized for my mistakes when others will be admired for theirs. When people make difficult choices, they’re not always thinking clearly, so I don’t know how someone so rational could do something as reckless and petulant as I did. Failing to communicate with the people you care about? Everyone knows that’s been my greatest mistake in this house, and it seems what I was once admonished with is now received with praise. If any of you felt I failed to stand by the people who felt a genuine connection with me, I’m sorry. I hope we can make a genuine friendship outside of this house. However, we all have to make different choices in this game. Even if I can’t protect everyone, I do care. I do feel for your life experiences and wish you the best. I’m not going to let that be referred to as a detriment to my character.”

“If I somehow stay another day in this game, I’ll be genuinely grateful for the opportunity, but I don’t know who in this house will be willing to stand by me if that time comes. You all kept me, and when the time came to keep on playing, the game already felt over for me.”

“Be kind, play fair. Above all else, don’t admonish one and commend another for the same action. Regardless of the game, makes sure to treat each other as human. Don’t kick somebody down for needing to confide to someone about their emotional state, or claim mental health can be used as a tactic in this game, because there is no heartache that should be used to paint someone as a villain.”

“Be kind to yourselves, please. Thank you for your time.”
Back to top Go down
Fifi

Fifi

PostSubject: Re: Week 5 - Live Eviction   Week 5 - Live Eviction Clock10Sat Aug 10, 2019 4:14 pm

Fifi's blood was boiling upon hearing Devika's speech. She felt personally attacked with some of the specific things that were mentioned. She looked over at Naz real quick and put up a finger.

"Before you speak Naz, I just need a moment. 'Cause, HOLD UP, Devika!! Excuuuuse you?? You really want to stand here and play the victim card, talkin 'bout some 'OHH, that genuinely hurt when you said I hoped I learned my lesson.' SIS, you know why I said that?? Because we're playin' a GAME and I wanted you to GROW from that experience 'cause CLEARLY you had NO idea what you'd gotten yourself into! And I SAID what I SAID. And you is not a weak person, so STOP IT. You want to stand here and INSINUATE that everybody who protected you didn't give a DAMN about you?? Be careful with what comes outta your mouth, cause EVERYBODY in this house includes ME and-" Fifi quickly deviated before letting out too much. "-and you KNOW I've had LOTS of love for you! SO don't stand here and say that ain't nobody gave you a second chance! Like who the HELL is you talkin' to?? This ain't the DR sugah, this is the time for you to explain why you should be KEPT in this game. And that's on PERIOD."

With that, Fifi bit her lip and waited for the eviction to continue. She was VERY emotional because she had felt such a close connection to Devika. She wasn't the type to bottle up her emotions so everything had to come out.
Back to top Go down
Narinder

Narinder

PostSubject: Re: Week 5 - Live Eviction   Week 5 - Live Eviction Clock10Sat Aug 10, 2019 4:19 pm

Placated, Narinder waited for Fifi to finish her speech. It was fairly revealing, but more than anything it made Naz feel bad for...well, a lot of people, at that moment in time.

But it wasn't time for pity. It was time to make her case. And if Devika had to go down to get her farther...she wouldn't lose much sleep over it.

"I never really know what to say with these," Naz started.

"I guess I thought it'd be easier th' second time, maybe, but I haven't really been one for speeches in a while. Not like Dev here. Props for the speech 'n shit, you can really orate.

Anyhoo, I'm gunna just get right down to the point since I don't wanna keep you dudes waiting too long. I wanna stay. I don't think my story here's done yet. To be totally honest...in some ways I think it's just started.

I've been growing and junk these five weeks. In lil invisible ways I didn't even notice until just recently. But I've come outta my shell, come into myself. Shook the sleep outta my eyes. Well, kinda.

And I got you guys to thank for that. That in mind, I'd like to stick around with y'all to see where I go from here. But if it's me, it's me, and I'll leave with more friends and less regrets than when I began.

When it comes down to it though. I do wanna stay. I wanna keep on truckin'. And I'd really love it if you guys let that happen.

Thanks. Yall rock."
Back to top Go down
Val
Admin
Val

PostSubject: Re: Week 5 - Live Eviction   Week 5 - Live Eviction Clock10Sat Aug 10, 2019 5:12 pm

Once all of the votes are in, Val returns back on the screen in the living room. She eyes each and every contestant seriously. "HouseGuests… the votes are in. By a vote of 5 to 3...

...Devika, you have been evicted from The Mad House and will be moving into Purgatory with Haleigh, Chen, Mark and Nate." Val watches for the reaction of the HouseGuests.
Back to top Go down
https://the-mad-house.forumotion.com
Narinder

Narinder

PostSubject: Re: Week 5 - Live Eviction   Week 5 - Live Eviction Clock10Sat Aug 10, 2019 5:19 pm

Narinder let out a breath she didn't even realize she'd been holding. She was safe. Once again, she was safe. How had she outlasted six people?

She supposed the how didn't matter. It was just that she had.

Still, one thing stuck in her craw as she got up to hug Devika. Three votes to five? That's closer than I wanted...
Back to top Go down
Bertrand

Bertrand

PostSubject: Re: Week 5 - Live Eviction   Week 5 - Live Eviction Clock10Sat Aug 10, 2019 6:09 pm

Bertrand sadly nodded at the results. Yes, Devika was an up and coming game threat, but he could tell she meant no harm to anyone and was possibly played an unfair deal. "My apologies, Devika. And congratulations once again, Narinder."

He did shoot a glare to Fifi, however. To him, that speech was uncalled for. He shook his head at her.
Back to top Go down
Fifi

Fifi

PostSubject: Re: Week 5 - Live Eviction   Week 5 - Live Eviction Clock10Sat Aug 10, 2019 6:45 pm

Fifi didn't bother getting up to hug anyone. Her heart was torn into a MILLION pieces because NOW she was hurt. She sat crossing her arms, even as Val made the announcement. Upon hearing the votes, Fifi stared right into Devika's eyes. "And yet I still had your back to the very end. KNOW that." She didn't have to say anymore.

"You got somethin' to say???" She glared right back at Bertrand who decided to shake his head at her. Fifi didn't feel bad though. She stood by what she'd said and she meant EVERY. SINGLE. WORD. She wasn't about to sit here, be fake and conceal her emotions for ANYBODY. She was going to be herself and speak her mind, no matter what. After everyone was done exchanging hugs, Fifi got up and left the room.
Back to top Go down
Lacey

Lacey

PostSubject: Re: Week 5 - Live Eviction   Week 5 - Live Eviction Clock10Sat Aug 10, 2019 9:16 pm

Lacey was not expecting the eviction to go down the way it did, with Devika apparently disregarding people in the house. She could see Fifi was not putting on a show and was genuinely upset with how she wasn't appreciated. No matter what Devika's true intentions were, she's definitely been twisting the narrative & Lacey has had enough of her.

"Devika, if you think people owed you more understanding and compassion than the abundance you already got...well, I hate to tell you this but you're acting like an attention whore. That was a long and well-articulated speech for someone so supposedly anxious, might I add." She rolls her eyes and gets up. "Make sure you pick up your expired victim card on your way to purgatory." Lacey leaves the room.
Back to top Go down
Mark.

Mark.

PostSubject: Re: Week 5 - Live Eviction   Week 5 - Live Eviction Clock10Sat Aug 10, 2019 10:38 pm

:0
GASP
"The drama"
Back to top Go down
Birdy

Birdy

PostSubject: Re: Week 5 - Live Eviction   Week 5 - Live Eviction Clock10Sun Aug 11, 2019 2:17 pm

Birdy didn’t smile, she didn’t cheer, and she didn’t cry either. She looked on, accepting that her friend out. This is a competition after all. But she also needed closure after what just happened, so she stood up and walked over to the speechless Devika. “I’m truly glad that we had the opportunity to meet, dear. You did your best, and I’ve seen such a difference in you from week one to now. If you need anything when we’re done here, please let me know! Here is my number.” Birdy hands Devika a political button that says ‘Vote for Birdy’ On it.
“My number is on the other side. It truly has been an honor to meet you. I’m so proud of you.”
Back to top Go down
Rico

Rico

PostSubject: Re: Week 5 - Live Eviction   Week 5 - Live Eviction Clock10Sun Aug 11, 2019 11:04 pm

Rico was sad... guilt set in. Every outcome that he could have thought of lead to Devika's eviction...

He slipped into his seat a little... every eviction night was just gut-wrenching to sit through for him...

"You gave it your best shot, Dev... sorry..." He said with a solemn tone... He patted her shoulder as he left the room.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Week 5 - Live Eviction   Week 5 - Live Eviction Clock10

Back to top Go down

Week 5 - Live Eviction
Page 1 of 1