The Mad House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This season, contestants compete in hellish challenges for a chance at safety--and a heavenly cash prize--in Mad House 8: Heaven and Hell

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Finale Week - Jury Roundtable

Go down 
+3
Peaches
Rico
Val
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Val
Admin
Val

Finale Week - Jury Roundtable Empty
PostSubject: Finale Week - Jury Roundtable   Finale Week - Jury Roundtable Clock10Sun Oct 06, 2019 1:16 pm

Angelica and Peaches sit in the backyard with the current four jurors. "Hello everyone. My name is Angelica and if you don't know me, which you SHOULD, I'm the winner of The Mad House 5 and was also a jury member on The Mad House 1. And this is Peaches, fifth place finisher from Mad House 6 who was also one of the villains that stayed with you guys for a week. It's nice to see you all! Kind of.

We're here today because we're going to discuss the Final Three with you all! But before we discuss the Final Three we need to know who the Final Three are. Any guesses as to who is coming into the Jury House today, guys?"
Back to top Go down
https://the-mad-house.forumotion.com
Rico

Rico

PostSubject: Re: Finale Week - Jury Roundtable   Finale Week - Jury Roundtable Clock10Sun Oct 06, 2019 1:21 pm

Rico sits and watches Angelica and... Peaches walk into the roundtable. He’s hoping that she won’t bring up the week she stayed.

“Hello, ladies.” He states. He waves slightlyz

He ponders at Angelica’s question. “Well, if any if my prayers we’re answered, Lacey would be walking through that archway soon!” He sighs. “But, knowing my luck, she’s probably still at the house. My next assumption would probably be Bertrand? As much as I like the dude, Lacey and Nigel probably annihilated him and got him evicted.”
Back to top Go down
Peaches

Peaches

PostSubject: Re: Finale Week - Jury Roundtable   Finale Week - Jury Roundtable Clock10Sun Oct 06, 2019 1:29 pm

Peaches smiles and waves at them all. She nods as Angelica introduces both of them. She flips her hair behind her shoulder and looks around at the jury. ''Yeah, and I had a blast. Sorry for everything, but I had to do it. It was a punishment.'' She laughs.

She looks around at the group when Angelica asks them who they think the second to last juror will be. It reminds her of that time 2 years ago when she had to make an entrance just like the one Birdy is about to make. She rests her chin on her fist.

Finale Week - Jury Roundtable Tumblr_n5vo0xPza41rfduvxo1_500

She listens to Rico's answer. ''Any other guesses?'' She raises an eyebrow and waits for the predictions to start coming.
Back to top Go down
Narinder

Narinder

PostSubject: Re: Finale Week - Jury Roundtable   Finale Week - Jury Roundtable Clock10Sun Oct 06, 2019 1:34 pm

Naz considers this. "Good question, Angie. Lemme think about that." She strokes her chin. "I'm gonna say, all things considered, it's probably...Bert? I'm not sure how like, well connected and junk he is with the rest of the house. On the other hand," and saying this, she holds up her other hand, "it's entirely possible that someone like Birdy or Lacey got kicked for bein a threat? Even Nige could proooobably be percieved as threatening."

She folds her hands behind their head. "Whether someone's threat status is warranted, tho...that's up to us, isn't it?"
Back to top Go down
Rita

Rita

PostSubject: Re: Finale Week - Jury Roundtable   Finale Week - Jury Roundtable Clock10Sun Oct 06, 2019 5:55 pm

As Rita speaks up, she looks around the room, although her eyes come to rest off in the distance.

"Well, if she knows what's best for her, then it won't be Birdy," she states plainly. Rita would gladly vote for Birdy, or even Nigel in the finale, provided it meant she didn't have to live around them one second longer. Why do the others like her so much anyway? What does she have that Rita doesn't? Plagued once again with bitter questions, Rita begins to tune out the people around her.

Back to top Go down
Mark.

Mark.

PostSubject: Re: Finale Week - Jury Roundtable   Finale Week - Jury Roundtable Clock10Sun Oct 06, 2019 10:26 pm

Mark was leaning back in his chair, boots propped up on the table. He jolted from his sleep when he heard the two strangers asking some question. He let out a long yawn and stretched, not hearing a thing they said. "What's going on? Has Nigel won yet?"
Back to top Go down
Rico

Rico

PostSubject: Re: Finale Week - Jury Roundtable   Finale Week - Jury Roundtable Clock10Sun Oct 06, 2019 11:29 pm

Rico began to twitch his leg. "Are the final jurors running late?" He asked.

"I kinda wanna start debating!" He exclaimed. He snickered a little bit, while nudging Naz.
Back to top Go down
Val
Admin
Val

PostSubject: Re: Finale Week - Jury Roundtable   Finale Week - Jury Roundtable Clock10Mon Oct 07, 2019 12:20 pm

"Well, as you may not know this week the Final Five became the Final Three due to the Fast Forward Week twist. So let's see who they are... come on out jurors #5 and 6!"

Right after she says this, JC walks out followed by Birdy. "J.C. and Birdy are your next jurors! Meaning Bertrand, Lacey and Nigel are your final three. Here's the rundown of what happened:

The Fast Forward Competitions were split into three parts. Nigel won Part 1 and secured his spot in the final three. Because he won Part 1, he also was awarded the sole vote to evict this week. The other four competed in Part 2, where Lacey won and also secured her spot in the final three, with no vote to evict this week. Bertrand, Birdy and J.C. battled it out in Part 3, where J.C. came in last and was automatically evicted. Bertrand and Birdy became the final nominees and Nigel cast his sole vote to evict for Birdy.

Got it? Great! Let's move on to talking about the final three, starting with Bertrand. Why does Bertrand deserve to win the game?"
Back to top Go down
Narinder

Narinder

PostSubject: Re: Finale Week - Jury Roundtable   Finale Week - Jury Roundtable Clock10Mon Oct 07, 2019 12:33 pm

"That dude's made like, no enemies, and this far into the game that's like, a hell of an accomplishment. Even I couldn't do that, and I'm like, a water off the duck back kinda dudette. Bert's been uptight and straightlaced...yet he ain't pissed anyone off yet, know what I mean? Real impressive of that dude."
Back to top Go down
J.C.

J.C.

PostSubject: Re: Finale Week - Jury Roundtable   Finale Week - Jury Roundtable Clock10Mon Oct 07, 2019 1:14 pm

J.C. walks into the backyard after Val announced him and Birdy. "Thank you, Val. I appreciate the introduction." He smiles at Val before taking a seat with the remaining members of the jury. "Good to see you all again." He did mean this. They all pulled a great game.

Hearing Val's question, he took a minute to think about his response. He finally figured it out. "Well, I feel Bertrand deserves to win because he played a clean game. He stayed true to his morals and never did anything low to win. He's a good man and I respect him."
Back to top Go down
Val
Admin
Val

PostSubject: Re: Finale Week - Jury Roundtable   Finale Week - Jury Roundtable Clock10Mon Oct 07, 2019 1:50 pm

"Well, Val's not here but thanks J.C." Angelica rolls her eyes.

"Let's get back to that point, though. You just said Bertrand played a clean game and hasn't pissed anyone off. Would that be through lack of game play? I mean, if he hasn't pissed a single person off, one would assume that its because he wasn't playing the game hard enough... or at all, no?

And what would Nigel or Lacey have done so horribly underhanded to make you believe that they also haven't kept to their morals or played a clean game?" Angelica questions.

Finale Week - Jury Roundtable Fb33867a55015b8a4684bbf415744125416c3e57
Back to top Go down
Narinder

Narinder

PostSubject: Re: Finale Week - Jury Roundtable   Finale Week - Jury Roundtable Clock10Mon Oct 07, 2019 3:59 pm

"What qualifies as hard enough, though?" Naz counters. "Do we reward risk-taking, comp beasting, pulling out all the stops just to stay alive? Orrrrr do we reward people who never actually needed to do that none?"

She cleans her ear. Squeak squeak. "What we respect in a game should be what reflects the games we wanted to play. That's why Bertrand has my eye. He did what I wanted to do, but better."
Back to top Go down
Val
Admin
Val

PostSubject: Re: Finale Week - Jury Roundtable   Finale Week - Jury Roundtable Clock10Mon Oct 07, 2019 4:38 pm

"Fair point. So, let's discuss. What did Bertrand do?"
Back to top Go down
Mark.

Mark.

PostSubject: Re: Finale Week - Jury Roundtable   Finale Week - Jury Roundtable Clock10Mon Oct 07, 2019 5:19 pm

:0 ...........

"Who?"

Mark was utterly useless at this point considering he had completely lost track of what was going on since his elimination...
Back to top Go down
Narinder

Narinder

PostSubject: Re: Finale Week - Jury Roundtable   Finale Week - Jury Roundtable Clock10Mon Oct 07, 2019 5:32 pm

"Bertrand's the stringbean man with the funky hair," Naz helpfully volunteered.

She had several thoughts about Bertrand's game, but she wanted to give the other jurors a chance to speak on that first...

Last edited by Narinder on Tue Oct 08, 2019 12:06 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mark.

Mark.

PostSubject: Re: Finale Week - Jury Roundtable   Finale Week - Jury Roundtable Clock10Mon Oct 07, 2019 5:56 pm

"Ah! Yes him! I uh... hmmmm.... Like his glasses?" Mark sat up in his chair proudly feeling like he contributed something to the conversation. 
Back to top Go down
Peaches

Peaches

PostSubject: Re: Finale Week - Jury Roundtable   Finale Week - Jury Roundtable Clock10Tue Oct 08, 2019 12:04 pm

Peaches raises an eyebrow in confusion. Naz didn't answer the question and Mark was being... well, Mark. She nods along and takes the lead for a second. ''Okay, all I heard was that he didn't play dirty. But what exactly did he do?'' Bertrand is a good player, but the jury so far has sucked at formulating a simple sentence on why he's the best out of the final 3.

Finale Week - Jury Roundtable Source

She sits in disappointment and reads a Jury Roundtable card. ''Actually, let's just move on. What about Lacey? What are your thoughts on her?''
Back to top Go down
Rico

Rico

PostSubject: Re: Finale Week - Jury Roundtable   Finale Week - Jury Roundtable Clock10Tue Oct 08, 2019 12:48 pm

Rico scowled at Peaches. Rico didn’t have much to add onto, but might as well mention something.

“I just really like Bert. I feel like he was just more genuine and less crackhead-y than the other two. I respect someone who is as respectable as he was.” He readjusted himself in his seat.

Peaches spoke up. “Yeah, let’s talk about Lacey. I’m literally not voting for her no matter what the outcome is. I fee like she is just a snake, man!” He exclaims. “Unless she can convince me, she’s not getting my vote.” He folds his arms.
Back to top Go down
Narinder

Narinder

PostSubject: Re: Finale Week - Jury Roundtable   Finale Week - Jury Roundtable Clock10Tue Oct 08, 2019 12:55 pm

"I dunno if I'd call her a snake," Naz adds on. "But her gameplay overall was kinda...iono, sloppy? It took a lot of challenge wins for her to get to where she is, and I dunno if being reliant on that is like...commendable."

She scratches her head. "Bertrand and Nigel never neededvictories to stay alive, but they made the most of 'em when they got em."
Back to top Go down
J.C.

J.C.

PostSubject: Re: Finale Week - Jury Roundtable   Finale Week - Jury Roundtable Clock10Tue Oct 08, 2019 1:09 pm

J.C. sighed. This was the big one. "I will start off by saying Lacey isn't a snake but, I was not a fan of Lacey or her strategy in the game. I don't know what is is about her but I feel she has a mentality where she needs to feel like she's better than everyone else even when she's in the wrong. When she first formed an alliance with me, we made a promise to never hold secrets from each other. Be upfront and honest. That's what I did but she didn't follow through. She formed her own second alliance with Naz without ever talking to me about it." He looks over again. "No offense, Naz. I know you didn't know about me in return." He turned back to Peaches. "Going back to Lacey, I never gave up on our alliance. I tried to talk to her about how I felt like she wasn't treating me as an equal to try and see if we could repair the issues in our alliance and what does she do? She complains to me that I'm a bad alliance member, I'm the one who's wrong, and disbanded our alliance herself. I don't know why she acts the way she acts but I am personally leaning that she is not the right person to get my vote or win this competition."
Back to top Go down
Val
Admin
Val

PostSubject: Re: Finale Week - Jury Roundtable   Finale Week - Jury Roundtable Clock10Tue Oct 08, 2019 2:29 pm

Angelica nods. "Well, a lot of you seem to be angry or upset at Lacey. But didn't she just... play the game? Rico, your plan to target her and Nigel was exposed and then you were targeted by them for it. Even after you apologized, what reason would she have for targeting anyone else? Is it not the better option to target someone you know was after you vs. making a brand new enemy? And she was never nasty to anyone either."

She then turns to Narinder. "And well, she didn't just rely on competition wins. They were a big part of her game, but remember that you aren't allowed to play in the HA comp the week after you're HA. And she didn't win many POPs either, so she could have been the renomination. This means there were moments where she had to rely on social game, correct? It's just that the people that were targeting her, aka you three," she looks at Rico, Narinder and JC, "were not successful in doing so." She clears her throat.

"I guess what the question I'm asking is... what specifically about her game is so sloppy that means she doesn't deserve to win the game?"
Back to top Go down
Peaches

Peaches

PostSubject: Re: Finale Week - Jury Roundtable   Finale Week - Jury Roundtable Clock10Tue Oct 08, 2019 4:07 pm

Peaches agreed with every single word that left Angelica's mouth. She wanted to say something similar but not even Peaches is as Risqué as Angelica.

''And may I add jurors...'' She looks at the camera then back at the group. ''...you guys are being recorded right now. Anything you say right now will forever be part of your edit, and what I can infer from your answers, you guys are coming across as entitled and hypocritical, because according to you guys, you can target her and plot against her, but she can't do the same in return?'' Peaches looks confused. ''Make it make sense please.''
Back to top Go down
Rita

Rita

PostSubject: Re: Finale Week - Jury Roundtable   Finale Week - Jury Roundtable Clock10Tue Oct 08, 2019 4:47 pm

As Rita hears Angelica and Peaches speak, her brow furrows. Bad edits? Is that a threat? A threat to say good things about Lacey or be painted as the villain? Rita doesn't exactly appreciate being threatened, and she definitely resents the notion of being painted as the villain. That's just not her!

She speaks somewhat shakily, a mix of fear and frustration. "D-do you two have some kind of outside connection to Lacey or something? Are you friends? Why are you getting so defensive on her behalf? Lacey's game wasn't that good. She would've been evicted weeks ago if she and Birdy didn't win every challenge. Birdy can vouch that she was protecting her for some reason! When I tried to sway her, she just ignored me!"

As she continues, she gets more passive aggresive. "It's also a pretty awful game move to demonise and treat every person you send home as evil. I heard the way she talked about Rico! Playing the victim is all well and good until the people you've treated as the antagonists - the way you're treating us now - are the people who decide your fate. Why should we vote for the person who actively branded us as backstabbers and maniacs so she could play it up for sympathy on camera?"

She pauses for a moment, before adding, "You seem to have a lot of opinions on the matter, so why don't you tell us?"

Back to top Go down
J.C.

J.C.

PostSubject: Re: Finale Week - Jury Roundtable   Finale Week - Jury Roundtable Clock10Tue Oct 08, 2019 4:50 pm

J.C. was honestly just confused about what Angelica and Peaches were even saying. "Okay, let me just answer both of you starting with Angelica." He turns to Angelica. "You claim that I was targeting Lacey. I never targeted Lacey nor did I ever plan to target Lacey. She was my alliance member and I trusted her until that trust was broken. I tried to talk with her about it but she blew me off and called off the alliance. A partnership is a two way street. One person can't be doing all the work." He collected himself for a few seconds before he went back to answer the second question. "Secondly, you asked what about her game strategy was so sloppy? I can answer that. She made more enemies that she made friends. She should have known better that the people on the jury would be the ones deciding if she may win or not. However, she treated some of us here like we didn't matter but then expects everything to be all cool and okay so she can win? I am not so sure about that."

J.C. now turned to Peaches. "Now, I'll answer your question. I come from a profession where I'm always being recorded and have to face a lot of pressure. But I keep my cool. Which has been what I've been doing this entire conversation. I am not screaming or raising my voice. I am just trying to state the reason I personally do not believe Lacey should win at this moment. Who knows? Maybe she'll pull out some speech for us that changes my mind on how I feel. However, I like everyone else here is entitled to my opinions and I shouldn't be forced to change my opinions because of what some edits might say about me. I need to stay true to my beliefs and I know people will respect words straight from my heart."
Back to top Go down
Narinder

Narinder

PostSubject: Re: Finale Week - Jury Roundtable   Finale Week - Jury Roundtable Clock10Tue Oct 08, 2019 5:13 pm

Naz chuckles slightly. It seemed to her that Angelica and Peaches were both trying to push hard to get the jury to reconsider their general stance towards Lacey. She wasn't exactly sure why, but maybe it was possible that Naz wasn't giving Lacey her due. She scratches her head, tries to think out loud.

"Honestly, if I'd gotten one over on her, and y'all were sitting on the jury talkin 'bout me, I'd expect the same sorta treatment. Can you call it hypocritical when there's no proof of what we'd have done in reversed positions? Entitled, though...entitled to what, exactly? An apology? She's got nothin to apologize for and I'm not mad at her about anything. I don't understand what's entitled about havin reservations. It's not like Lacey...or Nige or Bert, for that matter, are entitled to our votes either, y'know? Two-way street, dudes."

Naz cleans her ear again. Squik squik."I'm not upset with her either, even. She was just playin the game, and she played me...but if I wanna be a little petty, use my vote for Diabolical Revenge or whatever you think I'm doing, I'm within my rights to do that. But I'm not gonna. I'm voting for who I vote for based on their merits as I see them, not the lack of merits of their fellow finalist."

She leans back. "Lacey has as good of a chance of my vote as anyone else. I'd consider her to be in direct opposition to the style of a dude like Bert. He flew under the radar, played hard enough to make it to the final three on his own merit but not hard enough to upset the jury...but he moreso went with the flow of the game, rather than tryna dictate it. Whereas..."

Naz assumes an upside-down position on her couch, readjusting the world. "Lacey directly went after and successfully eliminated a lot of people, and got others to step to her beat as well without 'em questioning whether they were acting in their own best interests or just doin what someone else wanted of 'em. Course, it could've been a coincidence..."

She trails off, before coming back to earth to finish her thought. "But it seems that Lacey made at least a few jurors annoyed enough with whatever aspect or another of her gameplay that they wanna withhold their vote based on that...and I guess that's what's quote-unquote "sloppy" about her game. Nige and Bert don't really have...I hesitate to say enemies, but they don't have people rootin AGAINST their success. Unless Rita's still got that Nigel hate boner, which I mean, you do you, mama R. Nurse that boner."

"I guess...I guess that's what makes me hesitant, is all. I do think Lacey can get my vote, like, she's got a definite chance even if I'm stewing in my misgivings. I just need to figure out if I wanna reward the strategic game, or the social game...or a mix of both."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Finale Week - Jury Roundtable   Finale Week - Jury Roundtable Clock10

Back to top Go down

Finale Week - Jury Roundtable
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next