The Mad House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This season, contestants compete in hellish challenges for a chance at safety--and a heavenly cash prize--in Mad House 8: Heaven and Hell

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Week 1 - Taking care of business

Go down 
+2
Harley
Nate
6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Nate

Nate

Week 1 - Taking care of business Empty
PostSubject: Week 1 - Taking care of business   Week 1 - Taking care of business Clock10Sun Mar 18, 2018 5:33 pm

C.C. decided to waste no time getting to know the other contestants - he was less interested in them and more confused by the fact that they had managed to make four seasons of this garbage. He'd have more time later, anyway, and if there was one thing he knew from a cursory watch of a past season, it was that picking a room would be of the utmost importance. So, off he went.

Despite his self-proclaimed lack of materialistic tendencies, he ended up picking the room that matched his outfit. It had no one in it, and the other room was in colors he didn't like, so it was the most practical choice. Plopping down on the bed, he dug around in his bag and pulled out his trusty video camera. He was going to be using this thing a lot if all went well.

And so it was that C.C. found himself on the bed, surrounded by extraneous camera parts, so occupied by his work that he barely even looked up until someone else entered.
Back to top Go down
Harley

Harley

PostSubject: Re: Week 1 - Taking care of business   Week 1 - Taking care of business Clock10Sun Mar 18, 2018 6:37 pm

After the announcement from Val, Harley looks around the house. Although it looks like the modern decorated houses that she has seen on T.V, her only complaint is that there is only one bathroom for sixteen people. She doesn't know who to call cruel bastards, the architects who built it, or the producers for not thinking of the essentials. Either, way someone is an idiot and it is not her for once. AWESOME!

She drags her luggage into a nearly empty room. The only person she sees is a small guy with green hair and edgy looking clothes. He looks really busy with all of the pieces of a camera scattered across his bed. But it doesn't hurt to at least try to open up to someone in this house. She drops all of her stuff on the floor next to a window.

"Hey, the name's Harley. Yours?" Her French is noticeable, but she hopes to at least have an easy time for people to understand.

She looks down at all of the pieces on his bed and gets curious.

"Is there something wrong with that or are you testing how well you know your camera?"
Back to top Go down
Nate

Nate

PostSubject: Re: Week 1 - Taking care of business   Week 1 - Taking care of business Clock10Sun Mar 18, 2018 6:50 pm

He narrows his eyes, blinking slowly at Harley as he sizes her up. Plain but unthreatening, he decides. Not a good source of material, but at least she doesn't look outwardly vain. Plus, she's French, and French people are classy. Maybe.

"C.C.," he responds, blunt as always. "It doesn't stand for nothin', so don't ask." He's not about to shake her hand or anything like that - it's a reality show, not some kind of business agreement. But he figures that the acknowledgement is probably enough, considering that he could have just ignored her. But he's not THAT rude.

Her question almost makes him laugh. "There's nothing wrong with it, god. Are you kidding? I got this baby just for this," as if to prove a point, he shoves a SD card into its slot with a satisfying ka-chunk. "Just customizing it so it's actually usable. I can't work with it out of the box."
Back to top Go down
Harley

Harley

PostSubject: Re: Week 1 - Taking care of business   Week 1 - Taking care of business Clock10Sun Mar 18, 2018 7:08 pm

Hmm, the anti-social type. It might be hard to actually get on his good side, but it doesn't hurt to at least try to be do the impossible. Normally they can be the coolest kind of people once someone breaks their shell, at least in her experience. If not...oh well, she can sleep better knowing that she tried.

"C.C? Hmm at least people won't have a hard time spelling it." At least he isn't trying too hard to be formal with with his introduction. That would just be weird and kinda awkward since it would remind her way too much of her dad. That is the last thing she needs right now.

She scoffs at his response"What do you have on there already?"
Back to top Go down
Nate

Nate

PostSubject: Re: Week 1 - Taking care of business   Week 1 - Taking care of business Clock10Sun Mar 18, 2018 7:18 pm

C.C. stares, eyebrow cocked in an expression that can only be described as "really?". He shakes his head. "I just bought it," he repeats with a twinge of exasperation. "So nothing yet? I'm a filmmaker, though. I make art films." Seemingly satisfied with his work, he shoves the rest of the camera parts in his bag and twirls the strap around his finger. "Working on a pet project. Nothing special."

He should probably make some kind of effort to get to know these people if he's going to be filming them, he decides. Oh, joy. He's not exactly asocial, considering that he has a pretty decent social life back at home, but talking to the potentially unenlightened could be a slog. "So... uh," he starts. "What do you do, exactly? You got a job or something?"
Back to top Go down
Harley

Harley

PostSubject: Re: Week 1 - Taking care of business   Week 1 - Taking care of business Clock10Sun Mar 18, 2018 7:54 pm

As she giggles at how cute his pet project sounded, if she was thinking of it correctly. Harley leans against the wall close enough to hear what he has to say clearly, but far enough to have his space.

Hurray, someone else who is barely making money. At least we have that in common. But he still gets to do what he likes, she thinks to herself. As much as her family would love for her to tell the truth about her job. She would rather be left on her own with nothing in her name than admit that fact on television.

"I just do different odd jobs for a lot of people. I don't exactly have a career path. Although I am working on an English degree to get SOME money. What made you want to go into film?"
Back to top Go down
De'Quan

De'Quan

PostSubject: Re: Week 1 - Taking care of business   Week 1 - Taking care of business Clock10Mon Mar 19, 2018 5:47 pm

The door opens as a tall young man steps through with two duffel bags held in each hand. "What up y'all?" He greeted the two with a brief nod as he half-jogged his way over to one of the beds and plopped his stuff down beside it, scanning the view of the room. It had his favorite color for one, blue, which was something he already liked. "I think that second room's a bit crowded, so I thought I'd kick it with y'all." The two seemed chill after all, given how Harley didn't hesitate to join their little dance celebration and C.C., well he was an interesting one. De'Quan decides to speak to him first.

"Ey, so you know your way around the camera, huh? You seemed pretty hyped when we was all groovin’ heh,” he joked, referring to how C.C. had thought to record them all.
Back to top Go down
Quintin

Quintin

PostSubject: Re: Week 1 - Taking care of business   Week 1 - Taking care of business Clock10Mon Mar 19, 2018 6:12 pm

Quintin walks into the room with a trash bag containing his belongings. He jumps onto an empty bed and listens to the conversation in front of him but doesn't say anything yet.
Back to top Go down
Nate

Nate

PostSubject: Re: Week 1 - Taking care of business   Week 1 - Taking care of business Clock10Mon Mar 19, 2018 6:55 pm

C.C. scoffs, blowing a stray bit of hair out of his face. So far, he's not particularly impressed. "I'm a filmmaker-- currently, a documentarian. Of course I do," he almost preens, enjoying the fact that the conversation is about him. Sure, he's pretty certain that the jock probably doesn't understand, but in case he does, he might as well humor him.

"Couldn't care less about the dancing. It just makes good bumper footage for something I'm doing, and I might as well do something more than gawking like some kind of goddamn idiot." he shrugs. He's not about to tell this guy everything, as much as he likes talking about his interests. That would be a terrible strategy. "Whatever. Not important. At least we're being civilized about room picking, it was more than I was expecting."
Back to top Go down
De'Quan

De'Quan

PostSubject: Re: Week 1 - Taking care of business   Week 1 - Taking care of business Clock10Mon Mar 19, 2018 8:20 pm

De'Quan watches as a new face appears in the room, one that he had not seen yet. Probably one of the latecomers. He watches as the new guy transfers his belongings over to his bed. "Welcome to the crib, my man!" He lets the guy settle himself, knowing they'd all learn each other's names eventually.

"Ah, that's pretty tight," De'Quan responded as he listened to what C.C. had to say. He wasn't too familiar with the mechanics of filmmaking, aside from a friend he had who helped record and edit his basketball games to put together his highlights. Man...he had dunks for days. Just the thought of it was enough to make him preen himself. Still, at least there was a bit of common ground between him and the short green haired guy.

"Maaan as long as I got a comfy bed to sleep in, I'm gucci heh." He glanced over at the last bad that was still empty. It had not been claimed yet which meant a 5th person would be sharing the room with them.
Back to top Go down
Harley

Harley

PostSubject: Re: Week 1 - Taking care of business   Week 1 - Taking care of business Clock10Mon Mar 19, 2018 9:22 pm

Harley looks over at the new guy who came in nearly silently. She takes notice of him just looking over towards the conversation. In order to sligjtly include him, she quickly flicks her head up as a way to notice him.

"Hey, I don't think we had the chance to talk much down stairs. The name is Harley. Yours?"

She doesn't know much about filmography lingo. But she still thinks that it is kinda cool that she is going to be a part of his project. But it doesn't hurt to at least ask what some of this mumbo jumbo means.

"What exactly is bumper footage? Like extra stuff or something like that?"

Shortly after, Harley walks over to her bed and takes a seat on her bed. She takes out a small ball and tosses it up and catches it as it comes back down.
Back to top Go down
Kiki/Lolo

Kiki/Lolo

PostSubject: Re: Week 1 - Taking care of business   Week 1 - Taking care of business Clock10Mon Mar 19, 2018 9:33 pm

Jamila comes in, takes her hijab off and plops on a bed "Hey guys, this room looked intriguing so I thought I'd room here. Sorry if I am interuppting something"
Back to top Go down
Harley

Harley

PostSubject: Re: Week 1 - Taking care of business   Week 1 - Taking care of business Clock10Mon Mar 19, 2018 10:11 pm

Harley stops mid throw as she looks at the new girl. She barely got the chance to talk to her down in the living room, but this new girl already caught her attention. She was surprisingly radiant for being classified as a Nerd. Not that nerds were a bad thing to be! Nerds can be cute as hell!...where was this going. Oh yeah, the ball hits her right between the eyes while she quickly took a look at the new girl. No need to freak a cute girl out. She tries to make it look like the ball was no big deal.

"No, I don't think you were interrupting anything. I don't think we had much of a chance to really meet each other, my name is Harley. What's yours?"
Back to top Go down
De'Quan

De'Quan

PostSubject: Re: Week 1 - Taking care of business   Week 1 - Taking care of business Clock10Mon Mar 19, 2018 10:19 pm

De'Quan just lays in bed for a few moments as the others talk for a brief moment. His eyes eventually lock on the ball Harley's tossing as he gets a bit sleepy. He averts his eyes however when the door suddenly opens and someone new enters. It was her. As the new girl makes her way through to her bed, he just stares at her for a brief few seconds.

Week 1 - Taking care of business 2uxtmzb

He smiles as she shows off a polite manner, apologizing for any interruption. "Naw girl, you're good. We're still settling in right now..." He gets up and shifts his belongings over to the side of his bed towards the wall. It was then that he realized that all this time laying around was making him hungry as hell. Still he wasn't about to just leave now that someone new had arrive, and what an absolute gem she was.

As the ball hit Harley in the face, De'Quan couldn't help but chuckle a bit. "Ey, throw that over here," he said in a playful manner as he sat back down on the bed, taking off his shoes. Might as well play a quick game of catch while still introducing ourselves.

Last edited by De'Quan on Thu Mar 22, 2018 4:24 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Harley

Harley

PostSubject: Re: Week 1 - Taking care of business   Week 1 - Taking care of business Clock10Mon Mar 19, 2018 10:29 pm

She rubs the sore spot between her eyes where the ball landed as she still tried to look cool to the gem that walked through the door. When she takes a moment to looks at De'Quan's face. She could already tell that he had the same idea as she did. Because she was pretty sure that she made that same face.

Harley notices that the ball was still beside her bedside. She sits up and picks it up. Suddenly, she comes up with an idea to get to know these people better. May be a lame idea, but anything could help clear the air.

"Sure, but I also just thought of a way to lighten the mood a bit. If you wanna hear it, that is." She says in a playful manner.
Back to top Go down
Trixie

Trixie

PostSubject: Re: Week 1 - Taking care of business   Week 1 - Taking care of business Clock10Mon Mar 19, 2018 10:49 pm

"Hey yoooooo" Loudly entered the room "How you doin'? Hope you don't mind but we gonna be roomies YAY!" She left her two rolling bags and purse on the one bed that wasn't taken. Hoping that wouldn't be a problem.
She then got a good view of the room. There was that french girl, the oreo stealer, she thought, the guys were not impressive but... wait, the taller one really caught her attention, he looked kinda sporty, definetly her type, she also remembered him jamming with her downstairs, so he looked like a party guy.
"Oh hey there boy" She slided through the room getting closer to him. "I don't think we formally intrduced ourselves yet" She raised her eyebrows multiple times
Back to top Go down
Harley

Harley

PostSubject: Re: Week 1 - Taking care of business   Week 1 - Taking care of business Clock10Mon Mar 19, 2018 11:20 pm

Before Harley could explain her 'Getting to know you' idea she was interrupted with a loud slam. She looks to see Trixie standing next to Jamila by the door. Oh great, this is exactly what the room needed, loud and obnoxious vibes in the air.

She also looks around the room to see all of the beds have been taken already. From what she heard in the other room, Harley does not need the unneeded drama that already happened just next door. So she tries to remind her of the current status of this room.

"Excusez-moi, but I don't know if you are aware that all of the beds in this room are taken as well."

She points to even a she names them off. "By moi, C.C, De'Quan, Jamila, and..."She takes a moment to think of what the remaining house mate's name is but nothing came to mind."...That guy with the blonde dreads. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but there is still the last room down the hall. I'm sure they have plenty of room."

Back to top Go down
De'Quan

De'Quan

PostSubject: Re: Week 1 - Taking care of business   Week 1 - Taking care of business Clock10Tue Mar 20, 2018 1:03 am

De'Quan raised a brow at Harley's question. "Sure, lemme hea-" he starts when they get cut short as someone else enters the room. It wasn't long before the view of Jamila and Harley was blocked by Trixie. A smirk appeared on his face as the fellow party animal made her way over to him.

"EY, wus happenin' girl!" The eyebrow raising was a clear indicator of what she was after, as De'Quan had been approached the same way by countless many girls before in the club. He decided to play it cool, finding Trixie to actually be enjoyable. "Name's De'Quan...and who are you again? Heh just playin...Trixie was it? Mind if I call you T?" He smiled sheepishly as Harley pointed out how the room was already full. "Yeah, we just filled up but you can still hang around if you like."
Back to top Go down
Harley

Harley

PostSubject: Re: Week 1 - Taking care of business   Week 1 - Taking care of business Clock10Tue Mar 20, 2018 1:36 am

Harley honestly hates how intrusive Trixie is starting to be. As much as she would love to just kick her out right now. First of all, she doesn't feel like making a death wish. Second, she doesn't want to ruin a good time that De'Quan seemed to be having. Hm, maybe it's just because he happens to be a good looking man while Harley has too much estrogen to be likable to Trixie. Whatever.

As a way to start off her idea, she tosses the ball up and down once again as she got up from the bed. "I know it may sound lame, but we can toss the ball around without knocking each other's teeth. And whoever catches it, can say whatever they want about themselves."

She gives De'Quan a playful look."Do you think you can catch a curveball?"

Back to top Go down
Kiki/Lolo

Kiki/Lolo

PostSubject: Re: Week 1 - Taking care of business   Week 1 - Taking care of business Clock10Tue Mar 20, 2018 2:39 am

Jamila nods at Harley "Happy to make your acquaintance, I'm Jamila." She notices the make gaze at her. He is cute but she studies are more important. Jamila looks over at Trixie, this girl was....something. "yeah I don't think you got to talk to any of us uh...Trixie is it?"
Back to top Go down
Trixie

Trixie

PostSubject: Re: Week 1 - Taking care of business   Week 1 - Taking care of business Clock10Tue Mar 20, 2018 12:42 pm

She stepped a little away from De'Quan, but not too much. She knows he wants her "No, no you guys, you got the math wrong, there are six spots in this room. See? One, two, three, four, five and SIX... That's me, I'm ya girl T"  She pointed at every one of the beds in the room, T thought they prabably just made a mistake but maybe they were trying to kick her out of the room. Nah, that couldn't be, she's awesome.

"Yes boo, I'm Trixie" She cleaned her dirty hand in her pants and directed to Jamilla raising her hand for a high-five "What your name girl, I like our outfit"
Back to top Go down
Quintin

Quintin

PostSubject: Re: Week 1 - Taking care of business   Week 1 - Taking care of business Clock10Tue Mar 20, 2018 12:46 pm

That guy with the blonde dreads lol "My names Quintin -laughs- It's been a while since I seen new people after being sequestered in a hotel room before the show started." He say's reaching into his bag for a drink of water. "It's going to take me some time to get used to living with 15 new faces."

"Yeah, her name is Trixie. Hard to forget after seeing her twerk on the floor making the whole house shake if you ask me."
Back to top Go down
De'Quan

De'Quan

PostSubject: Re: Week 1 - Taking care of business   Week 1 - Taking care of business Clock10Tue Mar 20, 2018 1:11 pm

After seeing the other two rooms, De'Quan had been completely oblivious to the fact that theirs in particular had six beds. Now that he thought about it, the room also seemed somewhat larger than the other two. He peers over to see an extra twin-sized bed at the far corner of the room. "Ah shit my bad, in that case welcome to the crib T!" *he laughs it off*

He glances back over to Harley as she explains what she'd mentioned before. "Aight, I'm down for that, yeah go ahead!" He raises both hands up as she's about to throw the ball. He wasn't sure himself how to throw a curveball, let alone catch one but as long as it reached him that's all that mattered.
Back to top Go down
Harley

Harley

PostSubject: Re: Week 1 - Taking care of business   Week 1 - Taking care of business Clock10Tue Mar 20, 2018 1:33 pm

Harley raises an eyebrow with her mouth dropped open. Is she fucking serious? She is either tripping hard on something or she literally cant count to five. Harley points at all of the beds as she counts them off. Yup...there are five. Val clearly stated in her message in the living room.This ain't gonna fly.

She gets up and grabs her belongings. Trixie was claiming her bed anyway. She can have it. Trixie would probably need it and the one next it to support her fat ass anyway.

She gave everyone a simple wave goodbye as she goes down the hall.

Back to top Go down
Kiki/Lolo

Kiki/Lolo

PostSubject: Re: Week 1 - Taking care of business   Week 1 - Taking care of business Clock10Tue Mar 20, 2018 1:37 pm

Jamila quietly gulps oh God where has that hand been....ugh be nice Jamila she high fives Trixie lightly "Thank you, my mom doesn't seem to think so" she laughs "I've become pretty assimilated sadly" she then looks at Harley leaving and looks at the six bed "hmm that's peculiar"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Week 1 - Taking care of business   Week 1 - Taking care of business Clock10

Back to top Go down

Week 1 - Taking care of business
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next