The Mad House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This season, contestants compete in hellish challenges for a chance at safety--and a heavenly cash prize--in Mad House 8: Heaven and Hell

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Casual.ish. [Private RP Jay/Ryan]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Jay

Jay

Casual.ish. [Private RP Jay/Ryan] Empty
PostSubject: Casual.ish. [Private RP Jay/Ryan]   Casual.ish. [Private RP Jay/Ryan] Clock10Mon Apr 30, 2018 1:27 pm

Alright, Jay's covered almost all of his grounds now!! He talked to Quintin, Jamila, and heck even to C.C.! But he hasn't talked to one person yet: Ryan. And that was pretty frightening, considering so far they hadn't really connected whatsoever! Maybe Ryan secretly hated his guts? Or he hated his music... Ohhhhh if he hated his music, it's an insta-let down and #BYE! But no, no Jay didn't know what Ryan was thinking. So instead of jumping to conclusions, he would enter the kitchen without any prejudice. Ryan seems like a chill guy, so WHY was he so nervous?

'Heeeeey Ryan, R-man, Ryeeeeee, 'sup?' he asks him, casually strolling into the kitchen. A bit too casually for it not to feel forced, but it was a start! Jay plops down onto the seat beside Ryan and leans on the counter with his elbow. He gives him a weak smile.
Back to top Go down
Cam

Cam

PostSubject: Re: Casual.ish. [Private RP Jay/Ryan]   Casual.ish. [Private RP Jay/Ryan] Clock10Mon Apr 30, 2018 2:29 pm

It was a good morning for Ryan. He woke up feeling good about his safety and position in the game. He was just chilling in the kitchen. Eating his cereal and minding his business.

Casual.ish. [Private RP Jay/Ryan] Tenor

And then in comes Jay. He stopped and stared while Jay made his way over to Ryan. He expected this. The guy was on the block and would surely campaign for his spot in the game. But the viewers wanted him to target Jay... so there's that. But it doesn't mean he can't hear the guy out.

"Hey, man!" Ryan said with his mouth full. Oops! He quickly covered his mouth and finished chewing. "Sorry, didn't mean to speak with my mouth full. What's up, Jay?"
Back to top Go down
Jay

Jay

PostSubject: Re: Casual.ish. [Private RP Jay/Ryan]   Casual.ish. [Private RP Jay/Ryan] Clock10Mon Apr 30, 2018 2:52 pm

Jay laughs. 'Nah that's cool! I'm uh...' he sheepishly grins. 'Well, could be better obviously.' He rhythmically taps on the counter with his fingers. 'Just worried I guess. I don't know what will happen but, does anyone who is up for eviction?' he looks at Ryan. 'Look, we didn't really talk before and- honestly why didn't we?' he says in surprise, but shakes his head. 'either way, hopefully I'm not annoying enough to get the boot this week... I really, REALLY can't go home yet!' he sounds a bit panicked. 'Everyone here needs the money obviously but- but-' he looks for the right words but realizes what he is saying. 'Everyone needs the money, huh....' Jay slumps in, not sure where to go with his failing speech. 'My situation can't be much more important than from you and the others.'
Back to top Go down
Cam

Cam

PostSubject: Re: Casual.ish. [Private RP Jay/Ryan]   Casual.ish. [Private RP Jay/Ryan] Clock10Mon Apr 30, 2018 3:21 pm

Ryan smiles and pats Jay on the back. As a parent, calming people down and making people feel good was one of his strong suits. "Don't worry, bud. You're not annoying, you're fun and energetic. There's a difference! Even though we haven't talked, I can still see that. Besides, Harley has been kind of mean and distant. I don't have a bond with her."

He takes another bite of his cereal. "But yeah, everyone does have their situation going on..." He pauses and thinks about his daughter. "We're all working towards a goal of the money, which I'm sure would help anyone in the outside world. But hey, game aside, if you ever want to talk about your situation, I'm always here. I've been told I'm a good listener." He smiles.
Back to top Go down
Jay

Jay

PostSubject: Re: Casual.ish. [Private RP Jay/Ryan]   Casual.ish. [Private RP Jay/Ryan] Clock10Mon Apr 30, 2018 3:40 pm

Ryan called him fun and energetic. Jay sniffs. 'That's exactly what I want to be, some people just don't get me y'know! I accept that but in a game like this it is tricky to be' he points at himself. 'Me. I only realized this now that I'm up for eviction. But it's good to hear you think so, dude. It's reassuring to hear.' He smiles at him. Then Ryan mentions Harley, and to his surprise Ryan TOO shows to likely vote against Harley.... How about THAT??? He looks surprised when he mentions this.

This is good Jay my man, you might survive this week! he thinks.

'My situation' he repeats Ryan, staring at the kitchen wall. Does he want to talk about it? This is all being broadcasted but... They aren't watching, no they probably aren't. Would it even be broadcasted in the Netherlands? Not that he knew, so.....
'I would but, it's a diffic-' he stops mid sentense due to his throat closing up. '-difficult s-subject....' He lightly shakes his head. 'Would you want to share your reason for joining? If you do, I'll do too.'

Wow, this chat did NOT go the way he planned it to go! Ryan was so kind though, it was far from uncomfortable. But the topic did bring some discomfort, but that was fine. Jay kind of did want to share it... if he could bring up the willpower to share.
Back to top Go down
Cam

Cam

PostSubject: Re: Casual.ish. [Private RP Jay/Ryan]   Casual.ish. [Private RP Jay/Ryan] Clock10Mon Apr 30, 2018 4:10 pm

As Jay was talking, Ryan choked on his cereal. He took a moment to catch his breath. "Um... my reason for joining..." Ryan paused for a second. Should he tell Jay about his daughter? Can he trust Jay with this secret? He's only ever told Rae... and telling Jay could get them to form a bond. This late in the game, bonds are important.

And it's obvious Jay needed to talk and Ryan wanted to be there for him. Time to bite the bullet then. "Well, my reason for joining was to win the money to better my life and career... for my daughter. She's my everything and winning would help me give her a better life." He smiles weakly.
Back to top Go down
Jay

Jay

PostSubject: Re: Casual.ish. [Private RP Jay/Ryan]   Casual.ish. [Private RP Jay/Ryan] Clock10Mon Apr 30, 2018 4:24 pm

'Nonne kanonne DON'T CHOKE' Jay says loudly, startled by Ryan! He's got it though, so Jay releases his breath. Okay, Ryan too didn't really want to share his reason for joining. The doubt was  visibly written on his face, and it made him feel bad for asking. Ryan still pushes through. How admirable...

'Your daughter?' he blinks while taking that part in.
'You have a daughter!!' He cries out and all of a sudden he hugs Ryan. 'That's so sweet of you to do!! Entering this contest for your family... She is lucky with a dad like you ooooh' he wails.

● Confessional ●
Casual.ish. [Private RP Jay/Ryan] GFMhf
'HE IS DOING IT FOR HIS DAUGHTER. WHAT A MAN! WHAT A DAD!' he cries.
● End Confessional ●

He releases Ryan from the hug. 'For reals, that's a wonderful reason for joining. If I would lose this game, I'd be glad to lose to you.' Jay gives him a big smile. While this smile came incredibly fast after his emotional hug, his tears were likely to make their comeback soon enough.

Back to top Go down
Cam

Cam

PostSubject: Re: Casual.ish. [Private RP Jay/Ryan]   Casual.ish. [Private RP Jay/Ryan] Clock10Mon Apr 30, 2018 4:50 pm

Ryan was shook by the hug Jay had given him. He just felt like...

Casual.ish. [Private RP Jay/Ryan] Giphy

Once Jay released him from his choke hold hug, Ryan smiled at him. It was sweet of him to react the way he reacted.

He rubs his arm. "Yeah, she's my whole world. Her name is Scarlet," he smiles. "It's tough being away from her this whole time... so, no offense, but I hope you lose to me too." He chuckles. "But thank you, it feels good to tell someone else. The only other person that knows is Rae. She's probably my closest friend in the house. I just... need to keep it hush. I was hesitant to tell people because I didn't want them to use it as a form to campaign against me, y'know?"

He pauses again and then shakes his head. "Sorry, we've been talking about me! What about you? What's your reason for joining the game?" He smiles.
Back to top Go down
Jay

Jay

PostSubject: Re: Casual.ish. [Private RP Jay/Ryan]   Casual.ish. [Private RP Jay/Ryan] Clock10Mon Apr 30, 2018 5:36 pm

'Ah Scarlet... That's a beautiful name. How old is she now?' Jay is crazy about kids! He secretly hopes to be a dad some day too, though as of now he doesn't see himself being one. It's okay to dream!
He laughs with Ryan. The laugh came with a two-sided feeling - feeling guilty for going up against him, but also feeling determined not to let that get in the way from fighting for his own goal. 'Right back atcha!' Jay hops off his chair and walks up to the fridge to grab a drink. 'You shouldn't feel held back by that! I think it's really sweet of you to do this. Using your motivation against you, oh that's a low blow. So I see why you would be hesitant about telling that to anyone.' But... But Ryan told HIM. 'So I'm honored you feel comfortable enough to tell me.' he nods at him, and returns to his seat with a glass of orange juice.

'Oh.... Me.... Right....' he scrapes his throat. 'I'll tell you but uhm, like I said it's a difficult subject... Emotionally. Not so surprising probably, but it is.' Jay is quiet for a moment, collecting willpower to share.

'I need the money f-for my own dad, mostly' Talking about his dad, that hits him in the heart. He struggles to find more words, but pushes through. 'He became ill, about a year ago. And- and it's not, like, commonly treatable.' his hands tremble. 'I'm not from a rich family, oh no definitely not. But we are close, oh so close. And my dad- he means the world to me. He helped me become who I am today. Without him, I don't know if I would ever be happy.' he can't hold it in anymore and tears roll over his cheeks. 'He supported me, and still does. Even from the position he is in. And I... I need the money to make SURE that he at least gets the proper care. He isn't right now, I know so. I moved to America to earn actual money with my performances since I didn't earn as much in my small country. Then he got ill-' he sniffs. 'If something happens to him, I don't know what I would do. He NEEDS proper care. And I need him....' a laugh comes out with his tears. 'And if I actually have the money I can start touring and promoting myself here. Which is what would make him happy, since he always supported me and my career.'
Back to top Go down
Cam

Cam

PostSubject: Re: Casual.ish. [Private RP Jay/Ryan]   Casual.ish. [Private RP Jay/Ryan] Clock10Wed May 02, 2018 5:48 pm

Ryan listened in disbelief at what Jay was telling him. His heart broke for Jay. He knows the feeling of both being a parent and a child, so he completely understands Jay. He gives him a tight hug, but not rough.

As he holds Jay, he rubs his back soothingly to calm him down. "There, there... everything will be alright. You're such a fighter, and if you are anything like your dad, then I know that he's a fighter too." He smiles. "Don't worry, you'll both get through this tough time."

Ryan kept his calm appearance to make Jay feel better, but inside he was dying.

● Confessional ●
Casual.ish. [Private RP Jay/Ryan] GFMhf
'HE IS DOING IT FOR HIS FATHER. WHAT A MAN! WHAT A SON!' he cries.
● End Confessional ●
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Casual.ish. [Private RP Jay/Ryan]   Casual.ish. [Private RP Jay/Ryan] Clock10

Back to top Go down

Casual.ish. [Private RP Jay/Ryan]
Page 1 of 1