The Mad House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This season, contestants compete in hellish challenges for a chance at safety--and a heavenly cash prize--in Mad House 8: Heaven and Hell

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Natural Habitat - [Private RP w/ Narinder and Rita]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Rita

Rita

Natural Habitat - [Private RP w/ Narinder and Rita] Empty
PostSubject: Natural Habitat - [Private RP w/ Narinder and Rita]   Natural Habitat - [Private RP w/ Narinder and Rita] Clock10Wed Sep 18, 2019 7:15 pm

One way Rita liked to help keep her mind off the stress of the game was to tidy things up. Normally, she'd constantly be busy, but here in the house, she had to actively search for chores to be done. And in doing so, the other houseguests were sure to appreciate her efforts. In spite of this, the Have-Not Room was a place she rarely entered. It was the kind of place that gave off cursed energies, and whenever she had had to sleep here, she'd engage in meditation to dispell them.

However, right now, it was the only place she was yet to clean. She enters warily with a mop. At the very least, she was unlikely to encounter anyone else in the dark here.
Back to top Go down
Narinder

Narinder

PostSubject: Re: Natural Habitat - [Private RP w/ Narinder and Rita]   Natural Habitat - [Private RP w/ Narinder and Rita] Clock10Wed Sep 18, 2019 7:32 pm

Narinder had been enjoying a nice, contemplative snooze in the darkness. It centered her. It kept her whole. And whole was what she needed right now. Also nobody ever came in there so it was a great place to do her a nap.

But evidently, someone *was* in there now. Peering out from behind one of the slabs that passed for beds, she blinked her expressionless eyes, ghostly in the gloom.

"Sup."
Back to top Go down
Rita

Rita

PostSubject: Re: Natural Habitat - [Private RP w/ Narinder and Rita]   Natural Habitat - [Private RP w/ Narinder and Rita] Clock10Thu Sep 19, 2019 9:57 pm

"AAAIIIE!" Startled, Rita jumps back with a yelp. She instinctively holds the mop up in a defensive position, ready to strike down whatever could jump out at her.

After a few seconds of silence, she lowers the mop, instead leaning it against the wall. Eyes narrowing, she focuses to realise that the voice had come from Narinder. Who was here. For some reason.

"Narinder? Why would you startle me like that? Is this some kind of cruel joke?"

Back to top Go down
Narinder

Narinder

PostSubject: Re: Natural Habitat - [Private RP w/ Narinder and Rita]   Natural Habitat - [Private RP w/ Narinder and Rita] Clock10Thu Sep 19, 2019 10:51 pm

Narinder blinked a few times, trying to catch her brain up to speed on why Rita had suddenly assumed a battle stance.

"I uh. Come in here to snooze when I need to get a break from the more chucklefuckedly inclined people in this house. 's all. You good?"
Back to top Go down
Rita

Rita

PostSubject: Re: Natural Habitat - [Private RP w/ Narinder and Rita]   Natural Habitat - [Private RP w/ Narinder and Rita] Clock10Thu Sep 19, 2019 11:16 pm

Chucklefuckedly inclined? Narinder wasn't talking about her, was she? Was this some kind of subtle jab? Although, Rico had mentioned Narinder as a potential ally when she spoke to him the week prior. Perhaps the chucklefucks in question were none other than Rita's own grudges.

"Y-yes, everything's good." Rita trips over her words a bit as she speaks. "Are you sure this is the best place to take a nap? You know, the bedroom is usually pretty empty most of the time these days."
Back to top Go down
Narinder

Narinder

PostSubject: Re: Natural Habitat - [Private RP w/ Narinder and Rita]   Natural Habitat - [Private RP w/ Narinder and Rita] Clock10Thu Sep 19, 2019 11:30 pm

"I like the slabs," Narinder replied, without a shred of irony in her voice. "They build character and shit, na'mean. Besides, I get tired'a being round most people these days."

She shrugs.

"I lost like, all my friends in the span of two weeks or some shit, and I'm pretty TO'd. Not gonna lie."
Back to top Go down
Rita

Rita

PostSubject: Re: Natural Habitat - [Private RP w/ Narinder and Rita]   Natural Habitat - [Private RP w/ Narinder and Rita] Clock10Thu Sep 19, 2019 11:47 pm

"Oh. Well, I'm sorry to hear that. Do you want to talk about it? I'm always willing to lend an ear! Or would you like me to get you something to eat? Need a hug?"

Rita pauses for a moment. "W-wait, you want me to go away, don't you. You know I'm just trying to help."

Back to top Go down
Narinder

Narinder

PostSubject: Re: Natural Habitat - [Private RP w/ Narinder and Rita]   Natural Habitat - [Private RP w/ Narinder and Rita] Clock10Thu Sep 19, 2019 11:50 pm

Naz sighed. "Nah, you can stay. I was just finishin up my nap anyway. I guess...maybe I do wanna talk? Just not sure if I wanna talk emotions or talk game."

Her hands idly traced patterns on the wall. "I guess I'm down for a hug too if you're offerin'."
Back to top Go down
Rita

Rita

PostSubject: Re: Natural Habitat - [Private RP w/ Narinder and Rita]   Natural Habitat - [Private RP w/ Narinder and Rita] Clock10Fri Sep 20, 2019 12:08 am

Rita beams. She was getting through to someone! Finally! She moves over to sit down near Narinder. After Narinder had helped her as a have-not, Rita had been looking to return the favour. She certainly didn't need to be in anyone's debt. And if Narinder was willing to go against Lacey as Rico had suggested, then there wouldn't be a better time than now to propose they work together!

"Emotions and game; who's to say they're necessarily separate? I'm sure plenty of people so far have made game decisions based on their feelings." Well, Rita sure had, at the very least. "And if the reason you're feeling down is because your friends keep getting targeted, then it would make sense that the solution would be a move to stop that from happening, right?" The way Rita says the last part makes it sound like she's not too sure of what she's saying herself.
Back to top Go down
Narinder

Narinder

PostSubject: Re: Natural Habitat - [Private RP w/ Narinder and Rita]   Natural Habitat - [Private RP w/ Narinder and Rita] Clock10Fri Sep 20, 2019 12:19 am

Narinder smiled, enigmatically and a little sadly, and nodded. "Yeah, that makes sense...can't say I haven't been thinking it myself, I'm just..." She trailed off, taking some time to collect her thoughts.

"What if the reason my friends have been in danger...is also my friend? Fuck do I do about it then? I dunno, I really don't. That's what the agita's about. I know what I think is the right GAME move. But...is it the right personal move, is the issue and junk. I kept Rico cuz I thought he could take the shot for me, but...that didn't end well. Now I'm right back where I was with one less pal. So yeah, shit sucks."

Naz was surprised at herself. She hadn't meant to unload so much, but she didn't think Rita was in leage with Lacey, or she'd have heard about it for sure. It was safe. Prooooobably.
Back to top Go down
Rita

Rita

PostSubject: Re: Natural Habitat - [Private RP w/ Narinder and Rita]   Natural Habitat - [Private RP w/ Narinder and Rita] Clock10Fri Sep 20, 2019 12:52 am

"Well, that's quite the tough conundrum you've got right there! But I think I can help you."

Suddenly, a glint appears in Rita's eyes. She looks away from Narinder, and starts to recount a story that one can't help but assume has been told countless times before. Throughout the duration, her concentration is fixed, and she speaks with fervor.

"See, I used to have this friend, Barbara, and alongside some of our other friends whose kids were all in the same grade, we would always organise carpools, for convenience, you know? But like, starting with Helen, my friends all started moving out of town, until it was just me and Barbara! At first I was so confused, right? But then I found out Barbara had started carpooling with someone else, none other than Deborah McGee, my arch nemesis! Their kids, Billie-Jo and Nicole, are absolute terrors, no wonder the other moms all left. They probably bullied all the other kids! You know, before she settled down, Deborah was in a gang. No wonder she was such a terrible influence on her and Barbara's kids! And now- well. Now they're both my nemesis. You understand."

Done with her rant, Rita sighs, shaking her head.

"Uh, yeah and as I was saying..." She thinks for a moment. "Right! Sometimes friends aren't who you think they are, or they have some kind of agenda. But that's okay. I'd never betray you!"

Back to top Go down
Narinder

Narinder

PostSubject: Re: Natural Habitat - [Private RP w/ Narinder and Rita]   Natural Habitat - [Private RP w/ Narinder and Rita] Clock10Fri Sep 20, 2019 2:39 pm

Rita was a lot to take in all at once, but through the smoke and mirrors, Naz was pretty sure she got the gist...and it wasn't too hard to think of what Lacey's 'agenda' might be. After all, it was Narinder's agenda as well: winning.

Naz merely wondered how Lacey systematically isolating her from all her potential allies--people who could've been their potential allies--was supposed to accomplish that goal. Did she even intend it or was it the product of unfortunate coincidence?

Either way, one thing was for sure--Naz did not have the same trust in Lacey that she'd had at the beginning of the game, and despite being knocked down several times, she wasn't gonna sit there and do nothing about it. She'd try again and again. And here was opportunity knocking.

Naz narrowed her eyes and nodded. "Kay. Prove it. Alliance?"
Back to top Go down
Rita

Rita

PostSubject: Re: Natural Habitat - [Private RP w/ Narinder and Rita]   Natural Habitat - [Private RP w/ Narinder and Rita] Clock10Fri Sep 20, 2019 8:20 pm

Rita giggles. "It's like you read my mind! Alliance it is! Oh, things are going to work out just dandy, I can tell!"

"Do you know of anyone else we could draw in? I've been trying in competitions, but it's safety in numbers, you know."

Back to top Go down
Narinder

Narinder

PostSubject: Re: Natural Habitat - [Private RP w/ Narinder and Rita]   Natural Habitat - [Private RP w/ Narinder and Rita] Clock10Sun Sep 22, 2019 11:54 am

"JC," Naz said immediately. "I can get JC. Dunno about anyone else...I mean, Lacey nominated our asses, Nige is kinda with her and his mommy issues are insidious, and I have no idea where Bert's head is at ever."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Natural Habitat - [Private RP w/ Narinder and Rita]   Natural Habitat - [Private RP w/ Narinder and Rita] Clock10

Back to top Go down

Natural Habitat - [Private RP w/ Narinder and Rita]
Page 1 of 1