The Mad House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This season, contestants compete in hellish challenges for a chance at safety--and a heavenly cash prize--in Mad House 8: Heaven and Hell

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Week 1: The Claiming of the Beds

Go down 
+5
Birdy
Lacey
Chen
Devika
Narinder
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Narinder

Narinder

Week 1: The Claiming of the Beds Empty
PostSubject: Week 1: The Claiming of the Beds   Week 1: The Claiming of the Beds Clock10Sun Jul 14, 2019 7:12 pm

With Chen, Devika, and who knows who else on her heels, Narinder drags her heels and her suitcase into an empty room. She considered the other one, but figures rooming with the aura reader isn't the best idea. Who knows when he could break out the incense or start a spontaneous reiki session?

Narinder dumps her bag on the double bed at the far end, noting with some dismay that sharing a bed looks to be all but inevitable.
Back to top Go down
Devika

Devika

PostSubject: Re: Week 1: The Claiming of the Beds   Week 1: The Claiming of the Beds Clock10Sun Jul 14, 2019 7:19 pm

No.

No, no, no, no, no.

Double Beds.

The fear of sharing a bed with someone has plagued her since she came her. There was the worry or maybe having to share a room, but a bed? An entire bed? Devika didn’t feel deserving enough of having her own bed, but to share one with someone else was mortifying, to say the least.

Narinder, although Devika wasn’t aware of her exhaustion, thought she could and would stab her with daggers if she had the chance, and she did not feel comfortable sharing a bed with Chen, an older man she had barely spoken to.

Devika had taken her luggage to the large bed closest to the door. Maybe out of comfort.

Always be cautious of fires.
Back to top Go down
Chen

Chen

PostSubject: Re: Week 1: The Claiming of the Beds   Week 1: The Claiming of the Beds Clock10Sun Jul 14, 2019 7:24 pm

Hot damn was Chen ready to leave the awkward convos that he could NEVER relate to. Even if he had to probably ruin his relationships with 2 people, it was still better than eventually going on the block from those (what he expected to be) strong players.

He would've taken his bag to the bed closest by the door, but sadly Devika had claimed that, and he definitely did NOT feel comfortable sleeping in the same bed as her. He took the next best option with the middle bed.
Back to top Go down
Lacey

Lacey

PostSubject: Re: Week 1: The Claiming of the Beds   Week 1: The Claiming of the Beds Clock10Sun Jul 14, 2019 7:25 pm

Lacey barges in and drops her luggage, one of which was an old smelly sack covered in pins and buttons.
"Whadupp. Who wants to share blankets with me in the most casual way possible?" She asks nonchalant.
Back to top Go down
Chen

Chen

PostSubject: Re: Week 1: The Claiming of the Beds   Week 1: The Claiming of the Beds Clock10Sun Jul 14, 2019 7:26 pm

"Trust me, if we were to share beds, the internet will slander me and ruin my restaurant. And I'm not doing that, not to throw either of the others here under the bus." Chen shrugged.
Back to top Go down
Narinder

Narinder

PostSubject: Re: Week 1: The Claiming of the Beds   Week 1: The Claiming of the Beds Clock10Sun Jul 14, 2019 7:27 pm

Narinder gives Lacey the once-over. She looks harmless enough, and her sense of style reminds her of some of her old college friends.

"Yo. Over here," she calls. "If you're down."
Back to top Go down
Birdy

Birdy

PostSubject: Re: Week 1: The Claiming of the Beds   Week 1: The Claiming of the Beds Clock10Sun Jul 14, 2019 7:29 pm

At that moment, Birdy walked in the room, looking around, taking it all in. Then she noticed Devika nervously standing by the closest bed. “Oh hello dear!” Birdy sets her luggage down on the bed, next to Devika’s. “I hate to impose, but would you mind sharing? I don’t want to disturb anyone when I get up to use the restroom during the night! Ohohoho Old lady problems, ya know!”
Back to top Go down
Devika

Devika

PostSubject: Re: Week 1: The Claiming of the Beds   Week 1: The Claiming of the Beds Clock10Sun Jul 14, 2019 7:31 pm

For once, Birdy’s forwardness led to her stifling a laugh. Devika had no idea what to expect walking into this house, but Birdy seemed... different? She was still nervous. She always is. She felt a bit more reassured with sharing a bed with another women compared to the men.

”Of course, I don’t mind at all,” Devika shyly smiles, “It’s a pleasure to meet you. Again.”
Back to top Go down
Lacey

Lacey

PostSubject: Re: Week 1: The Claiming of the Beds   Week 1: The Claiming of the Beds Clock10Sun Jul 14, 2019 7:33 pm

Lacey walks over to Narinder. "I'm down! As long as you don't kick in your sleep, we'll be a-okay." She then flops on the bed. "God, it feels like home already."
Back to top Go down
Narinder

Narinder

PostSubject: Re: Week 1: The Claiming of the Beds   Week 1: The Claiming of the Beds Clock10Sun Jul 14, 2019 7:37 pm

"I've been told I'm basically catatonic when I'm sleeping," Naz says, "so I don't think you'll have anything to worry about." She hesitates for a second. "I'm Narinder, by the way. I mean, you probably heard my uhh...intro, and all, but 's about politeness or whatnot. Nice to meet you, dude."
Back to top Go down
Birdy

Birdy

PostSubject: Re: Week 1: The Claiming of the Beds   Week 1: The Claiming of the Beds Clock10Sun Jul 14, 2019 7:37 pm

Birdy smiles warmly, sitting down on the bed, “It’s a pleasure to meet you too dear! I’m so glad there are so many nice people here, aren’t you?”

Last edited by Birdy on Sun Jul 14, 2019 7:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Devika

Devika

PostSubject: Re: Week 1: The Claiming of the Beds   Week 1: The Claiming of the Beds Clock10Sun Jul 14, 2019 7:42 pm

Devika nods. She doesn’t really know what else to say.

”It’s exciting, getting to know everyone,” Devika says, “I’m just getting used to seeing... so many people.

So many people meaning just herself.
Back to top Go down
Lacey

Lacey

PostSubject: Re: Week 1: The Claiming of the Beds   Week 1: The Claiming of the Beds Clock10Sun Jul 14, 2019 7:47 pm

"Nice to meet you too! You prefer Naz, right? I dig that. Reminds me of that chick from Ed, Edd n' Eddy that everyone and their grandma wanted a piece of her a--...tooshie." She wasn't sure if she wanted to be the type to cuss on TV yet. Only because her little cousins probably will want to watch her.
Back to top Go down
Narinder

Narinder

PostSubject: Re: Week 1: The Claiming of the Beds   Week 1: The Claiming of the Beds Clock10Sun Jul 14, 2019 7:51 pm

Naz laughs at the comparison, but in her exhausted state it comes out a bit more wheezy than she intended. Oh well.

"Dang, girl. RIGHT in the childhood."
Back to top Go down
Fifi

Fifi

PostSubject: Re: Week 1: The Claiming of the Beds   Week 1: The Claiming of the Beds Clock10Sun Jul 14, 2019 8:01 pm

"Hey y'all!!" Fifi shuffled into the room with her bag and notices that some beds were already taken. The Lacey girl from earlier seemed to be sharing with Naz while Birdy and Devika seemed to also be sharing. She glanced over at Chen who had claimed the third bed. She turned to face him but could tell he wasn't in the mood to share beds with ANYONE.

She knew a stank face when she saw one. "Alrighty then!! I think I'ma take this bed right here!" She moves over to the final available double bed and threw her bag on top, before plopping down. She was hoping someone else would come in, as she was SO used to sharing beds with family members back home. "So how are y'all doin'???"
Back to top Go down
Narinder

Narinder

PostSubject: Re: Week 1: The Claiming of the Beds   Week 1: The Claiming of the Beds Clock10Sun Jul 14, 2019 8:09 pm

Narinder is taken a bit off guard for a second or two by Fifi's sunny demeanor. She blinks a few times in the same way one might blink when you're nursing a hangover and someone comes into your room at seven AM and opens the blinds, and responds.

"Gnarly. Tubular. Can't complain. Y'know how it is."
Back to top Go down
Chen

Chen

PostSubject: Re: Week 1: The Claiming of the Beds   Week 1: The Claiming of the Beds Clock10Sun Jul 14, 2019 8:15 pm

"Oh hello! I'm feeling very excited, y'know? About all this, I mean." Chen was slightly nervous about this room containing most of the women in the house, but he's sure he could get over the awkwardness.
Back to top Go down
Fifi

Fifi

PostSubject: Re: Week 1: The Claiming of the Beds   Week 1: The Claiming of the Beds Clock10Sun Jul 14, 2019 9:28 pm

Fifi blanked at Narinder for a second. "You feelin' good sugah??? You look like you were dragged outta bed this mornin'!" Fifi was legit concerned at Narinder's apparent fatigue. Still, she was happy to have so many roommates already. She glanced over at Chen as he greets her.

"Hiii!!! Oooo, I'm right there with you!! I'm feelin' a mix of emotions right now but I'm sure my nerves will settle down. You're Chen right??" Her eyes dart over to everyone else. "Narindah, LayLay, Devikah, and Mertle??? I wanna make sure I got everyone's names correct!" Due to her life back home, Fifi was used to remembering peoples names..or the name's she unintentionally gave them at least. She was hoping she recalled their names/pet names correctly, but she just remembered everyone talking at once in the living room. Lordy knows how she got to Mertle though.
Back to top Go down
Narinder

Narinder

PostSubject: Re: Week 1: The Claiming of the Beds   Week 1: The Claiming of the Beds Clock10Sun Jul 14, 2019 9:38 pm

Naz tosses her head. "Yeah, I'm good. Just didn't get a lotta sleep on the way over. Or any night in..." She counts on her fingers. "The past...yeeeear??? My schedule is whacked out, dude, lemme tell you."

"And yeah, I'm Narinder, but Naz is fine if three is too many syl'bles or things like that."
Back to top Go down
Rita

Rita

PostSubject: Re: Week 1: The Claiming of the Beds   Week 1: The Claiming of the Beds Clock10Sun Jul 14, 2019 9:53 pm

"Hiiiiiiieeee!" With her hot pink bags in both hands, Rita lightly kicks open the door to enter the bedroom, smiling widely.

"This is where we're sleeping? Hm, could use with a bit of sprucing up, but overall, very nice! Have you girls... and Chen... left any bunks that I could take?" For the moment, she drops her bags near the door.
Back to top Go down
Chen

Chen

PostSubject: Re: Week 1: The Claiming of the Beds   Week 1: The Claiming of the Beds Clock10Sun Jul 14, 2019 10:00 pm

Yeah, Chen expected this. "Okay, I'm switching bedrooms. I'll let you ladies go at it." He took his bags and moved to the second bedroom down the hall.
Back to top Go down
Rita

Rita

PostSubject: Re: Week 1: The Claiming of the Beds   Week 1: The Claiming of the Beds Clock10Sun Jul 14, 2019 10:08 pm

Rita backs up and puts her hands up as Chen walks past her and out the door.

"Well, someone needs to lighten up."
Back to top Go down
Fifi

Fifi

PostSubject: Re: Week 1: The Claiming of the Beds   Week 1: The Claiming of the Beds Clock10Sun Jul 14, 2019 10:17 pm

Fifi was thrilled to see another face appear into the room. "Hiiii there!!!!" Could this be?? Was she going to have someone to share her bed with? Her very own bunk mate?? "Of course, mama Rita! You can-" as she's about to continue, Chen gets up and says his piece, before exiting the room. Cold. Fifi huffs in disappointment as one of the double beds now become available, thinking Rita would rather take it instead.

"Hm, I agree! Plus he never answered my damn question!!" Fifi's disappointed tone switches almost instantly as she smiles at Rita. "Welcome to our room anyways!!"
Back to top Go down
Devika

Devika

PostSubject: Re: Week 1: The Claiming of the Beds   Week 1: The Claiming of the Beds Clock10Sun Jul 14, 2019 10:24 pm

As Devika returned to the room, she saw Chen brush past her with his luggage, seemingly upset.

Leaning against the doorstop, she frowned, “Is everything okay? Chen just bumped past me without a word...”
Back to top Go down
Rita

Rita

PostSubject: Re: Week 1: The Claiming of the Beds   Week 1: The Claiming of the Beds Clock10Sun Jul 14, 2019 10:26 pm

At Fifi's greeting, Rita puts her hands back down and smiles, glad that the they seem to be on the same page.

"Fifi, was it? Thank you!" She quiets her voice a little. "Someone his age really ought to be more mature." Rita dismisses the topic, shaking her head. "But anyway, what's the setup looking like here?" She glances at Devika, who had just walked in "I hear some people have already taken bunks?"  
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Week 1: The Claiming of the Beds   Week 1: The Claiming of the Beds Clock10

Back to top Go down

Week 1: The Claiming of the Beds
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next