The Mad House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This season, contestants compete in hellish challenges for a chance at safety--and a heavenly cash prize--in Mad House 8: Heaven and Hell

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

A Chill Breezy Afternoon [Private RP; Devika and Nigel]

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Nigel

Nigel

A Chill Breezy Afternoon [Private RP; Devika and Nigel] Empty
PostSubject: A Chill Breezy Afternoon [Private RP; Devika and Nigel]   A Chill Breezy Afternoon [Private RP; Devika and Nigel] Clock10Wed Jul 17, 2019 2:57 pm

Nigel sat on one of the tables' chairs, alone. He smiled softly as he gazed upon his crystals, cards and books scattered unevenly upon the table, while the others avoided going to the kitchen since they couldn't eat anyway, he was excited about the silence it would ensue here for the first week at least, after all, he's used to spend hours alone on his cashier's midnight shifts.
Back to top Go down
Devika

Devika

PostSubject: Re: A Chill Breezy Afternoon [Private RP; Devika and Nigel]   A Chill Breezy Afternoon [Private RP; Devika and Nigel] Clock10Wed Jul 17, 2019 3:10 pm

”Oh, hello Nigel,” Devika meekly waved, “What are you doing?”
Back to top Go down
Nigel

Nigel

PostSubject: Re: A Chill Breezy Afternoon [Private RP; Devika and Nigel]   A Chill Breezy Afternoon [Private RP; Devika and Nigel] Clock10Wed Jul 17, 2019 3:47 pm

"Oh, hello Devika!" He closes one of his books as she arrives, the most normal looking one compared to the other. "What you doing here? Thought you'd spend time with someone! Especially since it's Evil Week... or something!"
Back to top Go down
Devika

Devika

PostSubject: Re: A Chill Breezy Afternoon [Private RP; Devika and Nigel]   A Chill Breezy Afternoon [Private RP; Devika and Nigel] Clock10Wed Jul 17, 2019 4:20 pm

”Ah, I guess so, y-yes...” Devika said, shyly smiling.
Back to top Go down
Nigel

Nigel

PostSubject: Re: A Chill Breezy Afternoon [Private RP; Devika and Nigel]   A Chill Breezy Afternoon [Private RP; Devika and Nigel] Clock10Wed Jul 17, 2019 5:23 pm

"Well..." He hides away the plain book from her sight by putting it inside his sweater somehow, and them pretends he didn't do that with a smile. "Wanna join me? I'm doing absolutely nothing but messing with my stuff."
Back to top Go down
Devika

Devika

PostSubject: Re: A Chill Breezy Afternoon [Private RP; Devika and Nigel]   A Chill Breezy Afternoon [Private RP; Devika and Nigel] Clock10Wed Jul 17, 2019 5:30 pm

”Ah, alright. What are you doing?” Devika asked, as she sat down aside to him.
Back to top Go down
Nigel

Nigel

PostSubject: Re: A Chill Breezy Afternoon [Private RP; Devika and Nigel]   A Chill Breezy Afternoon [Private RP; Devika and Nigel] Clock10Wed Jul 17, 2019 5:33 pm

"Absolutely nothing but messing with my stuff!" He repeats. "Wanna take a look? It's lot of stuff you probably never saw in your life!"
Back to top Go down
Devika

Devika

PostSubject: Re: A Chill Breezy Afternoon [Private RP; Devika and Nigel]   A Chill Breezy Afternoon [Private RP; Devika and Nigel] Clock10Wed Jul 17, 2019 5:34 pm

Devika’s selection of reading had been limited to historical romance novels and compelling dramas, while Nigel’s literature appeared to have an ethereal touch to them.

”Wh-What are they about?”
Back to top Go down
Nigel

Nigel

PostSubject: Re: A Chill Breezy Afternoon [Private RP; Devika and Nigel]   A Chill Breezy Afternoon [Private RP; Devika and Nigel] Clock10Wed Jul 17, 2019 5:36 pm

"Oh, it's some books about mythology and religion... and some fantasy I wrote in my midnight shifts... Nothing too interesting. I guess" He blushes slightly when he talks about his own books, it's no more than handwritten stories he wrote while he was bored and all he had to do was watch TV and feed himself some lunch while no client ever came.
Back to top Go down
Devika

Devika

PostSubject: Re: A Chill Breezy Afternoon [Private RP; Devika and Nigel]   A Chill Breezy Afternoon [Private RP; Devika and Nigel] Clock10Wed Jul 17, 2019 5:42 pm

Devika gazes over the texts, slowly opening each and every one. They all had a hint of classic to them, just had vivid, intrinsic designs. She couldn't help but wonder how literature like this.

”S-So, um...” Devika paused, “Which ones have you written?”
Back to top Go down
Nigel

Nigel

PostSubject: Re: A Chill Breezy Afternoon [Private RP; Devika and Nigel]   A Chill Breezy Afternoon [Private RP; Devika and Nigel] Clock10Wed Jul 17, 2019 5:44 pm

"All of them... but one." He held the bigger, most colorful book in his hands, showing it off to Devika. "The All Guide To The All Wonders." He translates the title, which is written in his own language.

"It's kind of my personal bible. The other ones are barely entertainment for me!"
Back to top Go down
Devika

Devika

PostSubject: Re: A Chill Breezy Afternoon [Private RP; Devika and Nigel]   A Chill Breezy Afternoon [Private RP; Devika and Nigel] Clock10Wed Jul 17, 2019 5:51 pm

Looking at the book, you could swear Devika’s eyes slightly sparkled. While timid and polite, books made her fascinated. A novel written about the supposed wonders of the world (even if Devika didn’t believe in them) intrigued her. There was nothing else like it.

”Ah, could you, um...” Devika blushed, a bit embarrassed to ask, “Could you read it to me?”
Back to top Go down
Nigel

Nigel

PostSubject: Re: A Chill Breezy Afternoon [Private RP; Devika and Nigel]   A Chill Breezy Afternoon [Private RP; Devika and Nigel] Clock10Wed Jul 17, 2019 5:56 pm

"Gah!" He is surprised by Devika's interest, overjoyed to say specifically. He loves it when people take interest in his stuff. "This would be great! But..."

He sighs. "I believe you should do it yourself and in your own phase. The title may be in Czech but it's written in English, thankfully."
Back to top Go down
Devika

Devika

PostSubject: Re: A Chill Breezy Afternoon [Private RP; Devika and Nigel]   A Chill Breezy Afternoon [Private RP; Devika and Nigel] Clock10Wed Jul 17, 2019 6:09 pm

Devika, smiled softly, slipping through the pages.

”Není třeba se bát, Nigel, jediný jazyk, o který bych se mohl obávat, je tvůj tajný jazyk.”
Back to top Go down
Nigel

Nigel

PostSubject: Re: A Chill Breezy Afternoon [Private RP; Devika and Nigel]   A Chill Breezy Afternoon [Private RP; Devika and Nigel] Clock10Wed Jul 17, 2019 8:26 pm

"Můžete to taky mluvit? Ach!" He gasps, but quickly corrects himself. "Yeah, It's better if we stick with English. I don't want people thinking I'm hiding something!"

"I'll lend you the book for as long as you want, hope you like it! Even if it may be a little too... long!"
Back to top Go down
Devika

Devika

PostSubject: Re: A Chill Breezy Afternoon [Private RP; Devika and Nigel]   A Chill Breezy Afternoon [Private RP; Devika and Nigel] Clock10Wed Jul 17, 2019 8:35 pm

Devika modded, “Srozumitelný. Můžu mluvit trochu. Můj tlustý byl reportér a hodně cestoval. Naučil mě hodně vyrůstat,” she took a breath, “Ah, I haven’t spoken Czech in a while. I’m still a bit rusty time to time...”

“A-Ah, if you’re okay with,” Devika fumbled with her hands, “It won’t be wrong to do a little light reading...”
Back to top Go down
Nigel

Nigel

PostSubject: Re: A Chill Breezy Afternoon [Private RP; Devika and Nigel]   A Chill Breezy Afternoon [Private RP; Devika and Nigel] Clock10Wed Jul 17, 2019 8:39 pm

"Oh, your dad..." Nigel frowns slightly as he mentions this name. "I hope he's a good person to you. Yeah."

He shakes his head and changes subjects immediately. Way too early to be getting into this. "You start reading and when you do, you can't ever stop anymore! It's so interesting!"
Back to top Go down
Devika

Devika

PostSubject: Re: A Chill Breezy Afternoon [Private RP; Devika and Nigel]   A Chill Breezy Afternoon [Private RP; Devika and Nigel] Clock10Wed Jul 17, 2019 8:58 pm

While Devika was intrigued by the book, she had noticed Nigel’s face. The slight frown and distant stare. She could feel it. She had gone through it herself.

To lose someone, through life or death was always terrible.

Devika had hesitated, yet proceeded to put her hand on his in an attempt to comfort and gave a smile that could say, “I get it, and we don’t have to talk about it if you’re not comfortable.”

Looking through the book with now both her hands, she found exciting images. She hoped for Nigel to explain a bit more.
Back to top Go down
Nigel

Nigel

PostSubject: Re: A Chill Breezy Afternoon [Private RP; Devika and Nigel]   A Chill Breezy Afternoon [Private RP; Devika and Nigel] Clock10Wed Jul 17, 2019 9:05 pm

"I hope you mind glues a lot of information on it! These images are a collection of beliefs of countless religions and mythologies, each one linking itself to each other somehow to bring us into a bigger and better understanding. You NEVER realized Karma could be linked somehow to the Noah's Arc."

He points at specific images of the book as he says. And a lot of things does make sense practically, but it's still a hard understanding, need to think about it to get it.
Back to top Go down
Devika

Devika

PostSubject: Re: A Chill Breezy Afternoon [Private RP; Devika and Nigel]   A Chill Breezy Afternoon [Private RP; Devika and Nigel] Clock10Wed Jul 17, 2019 9:14 pm

Devika modded, flipping through the pages. Seeing how the Noble Eightfold Path les to the discovery of the Flying Spaghetti was a bit odd, but it was an intriguing read.
Back to top Go down
Nigel

Nigel

PostSubject: Re: A Chill Breezy Afternoon [Private RP; Devika and Nigel]   A Chill Breezy Afternoon [Private RP; Devika and Nigel] Clock10Wed Jul 17, 2019 9:17 pm

"Say, Devika." He breaks the silence after it ensues for a short period of time. "How are you doing here? I kind of predicted something when we first meet on the first day, and I'm excited to know if my prediction will come true, even if it's early to ask."
Back to top Go down
Devika

Devika

PostSubject: Re: A Chill Breezy Afternoon [Private RP; Devika and Nigel]   A Chill Breezy Afternoon [Private RP; Devika and Nigel] Clock10Wed Jul 17, 2019 9:22 pm

How is she?

Devika hadn’t thought of that.

She had been terrified to be taken in by production once they needed her to fly tovthe house, and on the first day she nearly had a mental breakdown, yet...

”I— I-I’m okay, I think,” Devika nervously tucked her hair behind her eyes, “I’m gettin over m-my early nerves, sort of.

”... Prediction?”

This should be interesting.
Back to top Go down
Nigel

Nigel

PostSubject: Re: A Chill Breezy Afternoon [Private RP; Devika and Nigel]   A Chill Breezy Afternoon [Private RP; Devika and Nigel] Clock10Wed Jul 17, 2019 9:24 pm

"Oh, I can't spoil it, maybe it will impede it from coming true!" He tells. "And it's too good to not happen. I guess maybe telling you I predicted something good may comfort you."

He sighs. "Hopefully it does, it's the only thing I can tell to not mess with this destiny binding."
Back to top Go down
Devika

Devika

PostSubject: Re: A Chill Breezy Afternoon [Private RP; Devika and Nigel]   A Chill Breezy Afternoon [Private RP; Devika and Nigel] Clock10Wed Jul 17, 2019 9:30 pm

Well, let’s hope it isn’t anything bad.

”Ah, alright...” Devika said, a bit of scarlet running across her face, “I-If you say so...”

Uncertainty was not Devika Khatri’s forte.
Back to top Go down
Nigel

Nigel

PostSubject: Re: A Chill Breezy Afternoon [Private RP; Devika and Nigel]   A Chill Breezy Afternoon [Private RP; Devika and Nigel] Clock10Wed Jul 17, 2019 9:31 pm

"How can I assure you it's no harm? I want you to be a hundred percent sure!"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Chill Breezy Afternoon [Private RP; Devika and Nigel]   A Chill Breezy Afternoon [Private RP; Devika and Nigel] Clock10

Back to top Go down

A Chill Breezy Afternoon [Private RP; Devika and Nigel]
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next