The Mad House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This season, contestants compete in hellish challenges for a chance at safety--and a heavenly cash prize--in Mad House 8: Heaven and Hell

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Dissonance [Private RP; Narinder and Nigel]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Nigel

Nigel

Dissonance [Private RP; Narinder and Nigel] Empty
PostSubject: Dissonance [Private RP; Narinder and Nigel]   Dissonance [Private RP; Narinder and Nigel] Clock10Sat Jul 20, 2019 2:28 pm

Nigel sat on the flower bed with a meditative pose, trying to close his eyes and relax, he could only do as much as give up and sigh out of frustration. Being a first week nominee is an heavy burden, even if he was still calm about it, there was still some nervous feeling attached to him.
Back to top Go down
Narinder

Narinder

PostSubject: Re: Dissonance [Private RP; Narinder and Nigel]   Dissonance [Private RP; Narinder and Nigel] Clock10Sat Jul 20, 2019 2:44 pm

"You uh. Doing aight, purple dude?"

Naz knew by now that the garden was the house's agreed upon safe harbor, a place of relaxation. She came here often enough to try and recenter, be less off kilter and inside herself. It didn't always work.

And here Nigel was, probably trying to do something along the same lines. Narinder figured she might as well ask how he was doing, although given his status on the chopping block, she was pretty sure she had a ballpark guess.
Back to top Go down
Nigel

Nigel

PostSubject: Re: Dissonance [Private RP; Narinder and Nigel]   Dissonance [Private RP; Narinder and Nigel] Clock10Sat Jul 20, 2019 2:49 pm

"Oh, Narinder!" She kind of scared him, he wasn't really paying attention to the world right now, but now there he is. "I. Guess I'm not. It's pretty bad to be on the block in the first week."

He sighs. "I fear I may go first, even if it's bound to happen."
Back to top Go down
Narinder

Narinder

PostSubject: Re: Dissonance [Private RP; Narinder and Nigel]   Dissonance [Private RP; Narinder and Nigel] Clock10Sat Jul 20, 2019 3:12 pm

She couldn't argue with his logic. Coherent thoughts weren't Naz's forte, per se, but "on block = bad" had been drilled pretty hard into her head by now.

"Hey, well, you're a Mystical Dude and shit, yeah?" Is this going to be reassuring? Too late to stop now. "You can tell when things happen and junk, right, so is your Magic Intuition saying you're doomed?"
Back to top Go down
Nigel

Nigel

PostSubject: Re: Dissonance [Private RP; Narinder and Nigel]   Dissonance [Private RP; Narinder and Nigel] Clock10Sat Jul 20, 2019 3:17 pm

"I can't see my own future, silly, that's not how it works!" He explains, kind of giggling at her, it's so cute when people try to guess what he can do. "I can only see other's, and I can't really talk about it or else it won't happen, like telling someone about your birthday's wish!"
Back to top Go down
Narinder

Narinder

PostSubject: Re: Dissonance [Private RP; Narinder and Nigel]   Dissonance [Private RP; Narinder and Nigel] Clock10Sat Jul 20, 2019 3:36 pm

"I guess the fact that you're worried means you haven't seen an eviction or nothin solid like that yet, huh."

Naz sits down beside him. "So...that means shit's up in the air. Can I ask why you're sittin' here Communing with the Universe and junk instead of like...making sure people are finna keep you around? I mean, don't get me wrong, Communing with the Universe is totally metal, but I'm not too sure it's, uh, productive, if you get me..." Stop fucking rambling, Naz!
Back to top Go down
Nigel

Nigel

PostSubject: Re: Dissonance [Private RP; Narinder and Nigel]   Dissonance [Private RP; Narinder and Nigel] Clock10Sat Jul 20, 2019 4:16 pm

"And how dishonest would this be? Even if I am in a game like this, I'd rather not build bonds out of selfish interest. No money may mishap my morals." He seems pretty confident about this, even if it may led him a pass straight to Czech Republic.
Back to top Go down
Narinder

Narinder

PostSubject: Re: Dissonance [Private RP; Narinder and Nigel]   Dissonance [Private RP; Narinder and Nigel] Clock10Sat Jul 20, 2019 4:56 pm

Naz laughs. "You've got a point there, purple dude. I don't think it's super above board to just like, appeal to people's strategies and junk either. Maybe that's just me, but why work with people you ain't friends with or nothing, right?

I just don't want you to get sent out the door without doing what you could, y'know?"
Back to top Go down
Nigel

Nigel

PostSubject: Re: Dissonance [Private RP; Narinder and Nigel]   Dissonance [Private RP; Narinder and Nigel] Clock10Sat Jul 20, 2019 5:04 pm

"A lot of people do extremely stupid things in this house to stay, and I won't repeat this. If I do leave, I will leave with my honor. And I'll be cheering on the few friends I made here!"
Back to top Go down
Narinder

Narinder

PostSubject: Re: Dissonance [Private RP; Narinder and Nigel]   Dissonance [Private RP; Narinder and Nigel] Clock10Sat Jul 20, 2019 5:09 pm

Naz shrugs. He seems fairly committed to his plan, and who is she to tell him what to do when she barely knows how to play this game herself?

"Good shit, bro. You can get a million bucks a lot of other ways, but I guess when it gets right down to it you can't really replace honor or whatnot."

She turns to go and leave him to his meditation. "But for what it's worth, I think you're a real one, purple dude."
Back to top Go down
Nigel

Nigel

PostSubject: Re: Dissonance [Private RP; Narinder and Nigel]   Dissonance [Private RP; Narinder and Nigel] Clock10Sat Jul 20, 2019 5:12 pm

"And I'm sure that your apathetic persona is just fooling us to perceive a hard-working woman." He says, before quickly apologizing. "Sorry, I read way too much out of you."
Back to top Go down
Narinder

Narinder

PostSubject: Re: Dissonance [Private RP; Narinder and Nigel]   Dissonance [Private RP; Narinder and Nigel] Clock10Sat Jul 20, 2019 5:25 pm

Narinder stopped dead. Persona? Naz didn't really think of her apathy as a persona, moreso the byproduct of...well, her entire life, really. Did he know more about her than she knew about herself? And what did he mean by fooling them? Did he think Naz was putting on airs?

She laughed out loud. She couldn't help it. The idea that she would be able to summon the mental energy to fake an entire persona was the most hilarious thing she'd heard in the house so far.

She quickly apologized. "Sorry, dude. I'm not laughin at you. But I think your telepathy might be a lil bit broken. I'm exactly what I say I am."

Narinder believed this, in earnest. But whether it was the whole truth was something out of her reach entirely.
Back to top Go down
Nigel

Nigel

PostSubject: Re: Dissonance [Private RP; Narinder and Nigel]   Dissonance [Private RP; Narinder and Nigel] Clock10Sat Jul 20, 2019 5:51 pm

"Don't overthink it, it's not that you're a bad person. Sometimes we just wear masks because it's what life forces us to, not because we are willing to. But..." He shrugs. "Don't mind me, my readings are sometimes flawed when there's no permission given."
Back to top Go down
Narinder

Narinder

PostSubject: Re: Dissonance [Private RP; Narinder and Nigel]   Dissonance [Private RP; Narinder and Nigel] Clock10Sat Jul 20, 2019 6:08 pm

"Aw, sorry, dudeski, overthinking is my favorite hobby," Naz laughs. "Get up, overthink, eat breakfast, overthink, go to work, overthink. Y'know how it is."

She pauses. "Life forcing us to wear masks. Huh. I'll have to uh. Give that some thought and stuff." She seems a little shaken by that statement, but not in a bad way. More...introspective. Probably overthinking again.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dissonance [Private RP; Narinder and Nigel]   Dissonance [Private RP; Narinder and Nigel] Clock10

Back to top Go down

Dissonance [Private RP; Narinder and Nigel]
Page 1 of 1