The Mad House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This season, contestants compete in hellish challenges for a chance at safety--and a heavenly cash prize--in Mad House 8: Heaven and Hell

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Not So Zen [Private RP; Devika and Nigel]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Nigel

Nigel

Not So Zen [Private RP; Devika and Nigel] Empty
PostSubject: Not So Zen [Private RP; Devika and Nigel]   Not So Zen [Private RP; Devika and Nigel] Clock10Thu Jul 25, 2019 8:50 pm

Nigel sat down on his favorite place on the garden in his ever iconic meditation pose, closing his eyes and focusing on the other worlds, he could not do much but groan and give up. For the first time in a long time, he could not even relax to communicate with his Gods, the game has been killing him recently and it's all thanks to what happened on the blanket fort. What a disaster.

He sighs in discomfort, before deciding just to gaze at nothingness in disappointment.
Back to top Go down
Devika

Devika

PostSubject: Re: Not So Zen [Private RP; Devika and Nigel]   Not So Zen [Private RP; Devika and Nigel] Clock10Thu Jul 25, 2019 9:24 pm

Nobody had taken out the blankets. Nobody had taken out the lights.

It was all still here.

Seeing Nigel look upset had been a surprise to Devika. For someone who had been selflessly compassionate towards her since the early days of this game, she had noticed he had grown rather angry as of late. Clenching the book he had handed her earlier in the game, she crawled into the fort where he was mediating.

"...um, hi, Nigel..."
Back to top Go down
Nigel

Nigel

PostSubject: Re: Not So Zen [Private RP; Devika and Nigel]   Not So Zen [Private RP; Devika and Nigel] Clock10Thu Jul 25, 2019 9:28 pm

"Devika?" He was kind of taken aback by her appearance here, but was glad nonetheless. He wanted to talk to his friend once again, specially after she had such a rough time.

"How are you doing?" He turn off the weird stuff for this encounter, sometimes reading other auras is not the best option, sometimes talking is.
Back to top Go down
Devika

Devika

PostSubject: Re: Not So Zen [Private RP; Devika and Nigel]   Not So Zen [Private RP; Devika and Nigel] Clock10Thu Jul 25, 2019 9:45 pm

"I'm, uh... fine, I guess. It's just been a stressful week," Devika sighed, lying on the blankets laid out beneath the tents, "I'm just glad it's all over. I... I-I know it's apart of the game, I just wish I didn't have to make all these hard choices. I felt so unprepared."
Back to top Go down
Nigel

Nigel

PostSubject: Re: Not So Zen [Private RP; Devika and Nigel]   Not So Zen [Private RP; Devika and Nigel] Clock10Thu Jul 25, 2019 9:49 pm

"I do empathize, making hard choices is something I've done a lot in my life." He uncrosses his legs and extend them over the garden's floor. "But you made your choices and you can't go back, the only thing you can do now is properly relax."

He sighs. "I say that, filling my own head with invasive thoughts. Shameful."
Back to top Go down
Devika

Devika

PostSubject: Re: Not So Zen [Private RP; Devika and Nigel]   Not So Zen [Private RP; Devika and Nigel] Clock10Thu Jul 25, 2019 9:57 pm

"I know, I know," Devika fumbled with her hands, "I just can't ever turn that switch off. The one that worries. I can at home, because..." I never leave home.

"It's, um... it's away, from everything else. I can just be by myself, but with all of these people... not to say they're bad, sorry, I just... it's a lot."
Back to top Go down
Nigel

Nigel

PostSubject: Re: Not So Zen [Private RP; Devika and Nigel]   Not So Zen [Private RP; Devika and Nigel] Clock10Fri Jul 26, 2019 6:21 pm

"I fear you may not understand what home is, Devika." He sighs.

"I always felt like my home was my parents' house. The place where I slept, ate and spent time on. And I empathize with how you feel thanks to that, I grew up in that place and knew nowhere else, I was always assuming this was my only comfort zone." Retelling this is complicated, he's still somewhat resentful about the life he has lived on the past.

"But them I was kicked out, and my world went into crumbles as the only place I could find comfort in was no more my safe haven. I despaired in abstinence, and this was the turning point for me to realize how pointless it was to think, for all my life, the only place I could call home was there. I realized there were other places where I could exert the things that made me happy and other people that could make me feel comfortable as I was, being myself."

Now, for once, his memories from the past actually made him smile. He went through a lot, but not everything was bad, and he recognizes that. "Point is: you don't need to be enclosed in your residence to feel like you're comfy and safe. It's all about you. You still have your nice literature to entertain you, you still have the warmth of a housing and, now, you even have the warmth it is to have nice, friendly people on your side to cherish the moments spent with you and support you."

"I'm sorry, I talked too much."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Not So Zen [Private RP; Devika and Nigel]   Not So Zen [Private RP; Devika and Nigel] Clock10

Back to top Go down

Not So Zen [Private RP; Devika and Nigel]
Page 1 of 1