The Mad House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This season, contestants compete in hellish challenges for a chance at safety--and a heavenly cash prize--in Mad House 8: Heaven and Hell

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Family Dinner (OPEN RP)

Go down 
+3
Birdy
Mark.
Fifi
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Fifi

Fifi

Family Dinner (OPEN RP) Empty
PostSubject: Family Dinner (OPEN RP)   Family Dinner (OPEN RP) Clock10Wed Aug 07, 2019 7:28 pm

With the recent departure of a houseguest, things had been more silent around the house. Fifi couldn't tell if people were scrambling about and plotting, but she had been so focused on the life aspect of the Mad House, rather than the game itself. After taking a WELL NEEDED siesta, she had woken up to fix up several meals that had been pre-prepped over the past 24 hours. It was about time that the house could come together WITHOUT there being any chaos! And if someone TRIED it, she would not be HAVIN' it at her dinner table!

By dinner time, the large circular table in the kitchen was set up with various sorts of foods. Fifi had prepared more of her SCRUMPTIOUS fried chicken, a batch of homemade buttermilk biscuits, collard greens, mashed potatoes, smoked ham, chicken fried rice, baked beans, mac n' cheese, and a cheesy potato casserole. Having obtained Chen's mother's dumpling recipe, Fifi had attempted to make them as well for the house. They were somewhat larger than Chen's.. and a bit sloppier, but they would suffice!

For dessert, Fifi had made a strawberry cheesecake and her world famous peach cobbler. She had placed four jugs on the table, one with tropical punch, one with lemonade, one with sweet tea, and one with just ice water. In addition to that, she placed a few cans of energy drinks as well for those who'd prefer. She cupped her hands around her mouth and yelled at the top of her lungs. "IT'S DINNER TIME!!!!!!!!! COME DOWN AND GET'CHO FOOD WHILE IT'S PIPIN' HOTTTT!!" Fifi placed her hands on her hips, looking in all directions of the house to see who'd show up first.
Back to top Go down
Mark.

Mark.

PostSubject: Re: Family Dinner (OPEN RP)   Family Dinner (OPEN RP) Clock10Wed Aug 07, 2019 7:37 pm

Where there is food there is Mark. Mark's eyes sparkled when he saw the buffet before him. "FIFIIIIIII!!!! YOU ANGEL!" He brought her in for a hug. "The house would starve without you!" He grabbed a plate of food and an energy drink. 
Back to top Go down
Fifi

Fifi

PostSubject: Re: Family Dinner (OPEN RP)   Family Dinner (OPEN RP) Clock10Wed Aug 07, 2019 7:47 pm

Fifi giggled at Mark's reaction. "Enjoy, sugah! We've ALL been through a lot together, so it's the LEAST I can do!" Fifi would wait for more people to come before grabbing her own plate of food. It was her own method of hospitality. "COME AND EATTT," she yelled again just in case no one heard the first time. "I'll wait for the others. Hopefully they heard me, 'less I'll have to start yanking." She was kidding of course..or was she? Fifi sat on a nearby stool and watched gleefully as Mark dug into his plate. "So how ya been??"
Back to top Go down
Birdy

Birdy

PostSubject: Re: Family Dinner (OPEN RP)   Family Dinner (OPEN RP) Clock10Wed Aug 07, 2019 8:36 pm

Birdy had been in a nearby room and heard her friend calling out to the house. As she neared the kitchen, the smell of food was getting strong and stronger. It smelled heavenly! “Oh my! Fifi dear, this looks wonderful!” Birdy began piling her plate up with fried chicken, mashed potatoes, the greens, and what the heck, why not a piece of that cobbler too! Birdy always did love peaches. Birdy took her first bite after making sure it would be ok with Fifi even though she hadn’t yet gotten a plate herself.
Back to top Go down
Haleigh

Haleigh

PostSubject: Re: Family Dinner (OPEN RP)   Family Dinner (OPEN RP) Clock10Wed Aug 07, 2019 8:38 pm

"Oh wow Fifi! All of this looks so good! I remember you mentioning about your potato casserole! OH! and my favorite Mashed Potatoes!!!" she begins to droll "I'm so excited to dig in!!" she grabs a plate for her to start serving!
Back to top Go down
J.C.

J.C.

PostSubject: Re: Family Dinner (OPEN RP)   Family Dinner (OPEN RP) Clock10Wed Aug 07, 2019 8:41 pm

J.C. made his way to the kitchen and witnessed the massive amount of food Fifi prepared. He hasn’t seen this much good food on a table since the night he ate with his entire team in high school. Boy, they were sure hungry back then.

“Hey Fifi! Thank you for the food. Really nice of you.” He grabs a plate of the smoked ham, collared greens, and mashed potatoes. “Looks real good”
Back to top Go down
Fifi

Fifi

PostSubject: Re: Family Dinner (OPEN RP)   Family Dinner (OPEN RP) Clock10Wed Aug 07, 2019 10:32 pm

"Grab a plate y'all!" She waved as Birdy, Haleigh, and J.C. walked in. She finally grabs a plate for herself and samples from a few of the dishes. "Mmm, mmm! Even if we don't eat everythin' here, the leftovers should last us into next week hopefully!" She took a seat at the table with everyone else and poured herself some sweet tea. It was nice to see everyone coming together and sharing a meal. She had been planning this feast for weeks now and was thrilled at the success.

She shook her head at J.C. "No, no! To be honest, I've been a bit worried. Stress can cause people to ignore their hunger and I feels like some of y'all haven't been eatin' enough! 'Bout time you gain a couple pounds back!" She wasn't talking to J.C. directly, but felt the need to put it out there anyways.
"A lil' soul food goes a long way, that's what my mama used to say." She start munching on a chicken wing. After sipping from her glass she eyes everyone and speaks up. "What are y'all grateful for, bein' here in the Mad House? Like I'll list ONE thing I'm grateful for and don't steal it!" She sips once again before speaking. "Right now, I'm grateful for bein' able to share a meal with what seems more like a family compared to how we was in week 1. There have been some fights here and there, but that's normal in a family! At the end of the day, we still love each other." Fifi giggles and looks over to the next person. "Someone else share somethin'!"
Back to top Go down
Bertrand

Bertrand

PostSubject: Re: Family Dinner (OPEN RP)   Family Dinner (OPEN RP) Clock10Thu Aug 08, 2019 12:11 am

Bertrand walked into the kitchen and saw a few people gathered around the table as if it was a restaurant. Eh, nothing lethal in this.

"What... is going on in here?", he politely asked.
Back to top Go down
Narinder

Narinder

PostSubject: Re: Family Dinner (OPEN RP)   Family Dinner (OPEN RP) Clock10Thu Aug 08, 2019 12:12 am

"We eatin," said Naz, who had seemingly materialized into a vacant seat. She was scray good at coming and going quietly.
Back to top Go down
Fifi

Fifi

PostSubject: Re: Family Dinner (OPEN RP)   Family Dinner (OPEN RP) Clock10Thu Aug 08, 2019 12:32 am

"Is you deaf???" Fifi shakes her head at Bertrand and motions to the food. "I was callin' everyone to come down and eat. It's dinner time or supper time or whatever y'all wanna call it!" She chuckles a bit as she reaches over for some of the casserole. "I didn't prepare all this food for it to go wasted, so eat up!"
Back to top Go down
Birdy

Birdy

PostSubject: Re: Family Dinner (OPEN RP)   Family Dinner (OPEN RP) Clock10Thu Aug 08, 2019 12:41 am

Birdy chuckled and thought about Fifi’s question. “Well, I’m getting older and sometimes I start to wonder if I’ve already seen it all in life... But getting the chance to compete in this show with all of you reminds me that there is so much left to discover! And that’s what I’m grateful for.” Birdy lowered her head with her hand over her heart and waited for the next person to speak.
Back to top Go down
Narinder

Narinder

PostSubject: Re: Family Dinner (OPEN RP)   Family Dinner (OPEN RP) Clock10Thu Aug 08, 2019 12:51 am

"Shit. Uh. Well..."

It took Naz a while to come up with something that made sense to her, but once it did, she knew it couldn't have been anything else.

"I'm grateful for bein' given a chance. I sorta figured I'd be here for a week, two tops, then it'd be over and I'd go home an' barely remember any of it, shit like that, but...

Hey. Week 5. Still here. That's more than I ever expected. And I have the Big Grateful."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Family Dinner (OPEN RP)   Family Dinner (OPEN RP) Clock10

Back to top Go down

Family Dinner (OPEN RP)
Page 1 of 1