The Mad House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This season, contestants compete in hellish challenges for a chance at safety--and a heavenly cash prize--in Mad House 8: Heaven and Hell

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Ingredience (OPEN RP)

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Narinder

Narinder

Ingredience (OPEN RP) Empty
PostSubject: Ingredience (OPEN RP)   Ingredience (OPEN RP) Clock10Thu Aug 22, 2019 5:18 pm

Naz had been feeling dissatisfied as of late. She had made it this far, and as far as she was concerned, that meant people enjoyed having her around the house.

It was a great feeling, but she didn't feel comfortable just sitting around. It was the right thing to do to do something in return for the hospitality and friendship the others had all extended.

It'd taken her a few days to remember something she was relatively skilled at, but at last it had come to her--she wasn't a half-bad cook. Or at least she vaguely remembered being the only one of her group of friends in college to ever graduate beyond the instant ramen stage.

Naz had managed to scrounge up all the ingredients needed to make her father's special curry--or at least a version of it that she'd modified to suit her more eclectic tastes. She hoped it'd go over well...and that she wouldn't have a nap attack and faceplant into the pot.
Back to top Go down
Bertrand

Bertrand

PostSubject: Re: Ingredience (OPEN RP)   Ingredience (OPEN RP) Clock10Thu Aug 22, 2019 6:51 pm

Bertrand found himself feeling hungry and decided to go into the kitchen to dine on something. When entering however, he spotted Narinder lazily looking into a pot that seemed to contained some... admittedly good smelling food.

“Um, hello Narinder. How are you doing on this... seemingly quiet day?”
Back to top Go down
Narinder

Narinder

PostSubject: Re: Ingredience (OPEN RP)   Ingredience (OPEN RP) Clock10Thu Aug 22, 2019 6:57 pm

"'Sup, friendo?" Naz greeted. "I'm makin' dinner for tonight. Just...didn't wanna sit on my ass, I guess. Got stir crazy and junk, thought I should do somethin for everyone, know what I'm sayin?"

She wiped her brow. "So I'm makin a huge ass pot of curry. This stuff slaps. My dad used to make it for me and my siblings, like, every night."
Back to top Go down
Bertrand

Bertrand

PostSubject: Re: Ingredience (OPEN RP)   Ingredience (OPEN RP) Clock10Thu Aug 22, 2019 7:03 pm

Narinder, the seemingly carefree and lazy woman, wanted to do a dinner for everyone... interesting.

“That is very considerate of you. How nice. I appreciate the meaning, and I believe everyone else well too. And I see you are another person recreating their parents’ recipes. Did your father help you know what to make, by any chance?”
Back to top Go down
Narinder

Narinder

PostSubject: Re: Ingredience (OPEN RP)   Ingredience (OPEN RP) Clock10Thu Aug 22, 2019 7:12 pm

"Oh, uh..." That was cause for her to hesitate. "Nah, I just picked it up from watchin' him over the years. Eighteen years livin' with a dude is a lot of family dinners, feel me?"

She laughed a little. "But yeah. My dad and I were never really...close. This curry is the only good memory I really got."
Back to top Go down
Bertrand

Bertrand

PostSubject: Re: Ingredience (OPEN RP)   Ingredience (OPEN RP) Clock10Thu Aug 22, 2019 7:25 pm

”Oh... I see. It is great to see your observance of him supplying food for your family, though. Do you think he and your other family members know of your appearance on this show?”
Back to top Go down
Narinder

Narinder

PostSubject: Re: Ingredience (OPEN RP)   Ingredience (OPEN RP) Clock10Thu Aug 22, 2019 7:31 pm

"HA!" That got a real belly laugh out of Narinder, though whether there was bitterness in it was hard to spot. "I mean, I guess they prob'ly know now, but I didn't get in touch or nothin."

She stirred the curry. "No point, really. They'd just have said I was bein a fool."
Back to top Go down
Bertrand

Bertrand

PostSubject: Re: Ingredience (OPEN RP)   Ingredience (OPEN RP) Clock10Thu Aug 22, 2019 7:42 pm

Judging by Narinder’s quick reaction, it seemed... her and her family were disconnected after all. He felt a bit bad for asking. Quick... try to find a way to ease the situation.

“I am sorry to hear. If it’s, um, any consolation, I would say my family would likely react the same way to me being on this show like yours would.”
Back to top Go down
Narinder

Narinder

PostSubject: Re: Ingredience (OPEN RP)   Ingredience (OPEN RP) Clock10Thu Aug 22, 2019 7:58 pm

"Hey uh. Bruh, you don't gotta be overly formal bout it or nothin like that. It is what it is. Don't make it weird, yeah?"

Naz rolled her eyes--although it was clearly good-natured. Having been around Bertrand for so long, she was well aware of his ways of speaking.
Back to top Go down
Rico

Rico

PostSubject: Re: Ingredience (OPEN RP)   Ingredience (OPEN RP) Clock10Thu Aug 22, 2019 8:13 pm

Rico trotted to the kitchen, in search for some real food- wait... no he’s neck deep in slop.

He walks up and saw Naz and Bert... interacting? Odd duo to be seen talking, but oh well!

“Heya, guys!” He said cheerfully. “What’s going on in here? Smells mighty tasty!” He exclaimed.

He reached nearby for a slop bucket to make himself some... food? Sure why not.
Back to top Go down
Narinder

Narinder

PostSubject: Re: Ingredience (OPEN RP)   Ingredience (OPEN RP) Clock10Thu Aug 22, 2019 8:16 pm

"Yo, Rico. My Ric-bro. What's good, Hollywood," Naz said, by way of a greeting. "I was bored off my ASS so I wanted to do somethin nice for everyone. Enter my dad's curry, stage left."
Back to top Go down
Rico

Rico

PostSubject: Re: Ingredience (OPEN RP)   Ingredience (OPEN RP) Clock10Thu Aug 22, 2019 8:24 pm

Rico gets a puzzled look. “Uh... I’m from Riverdale.” He blinks, then shook his head.

“Curry you say? I’ve never had a true curry experience... maybe whenever I'm off this mush, I can enjoy some?” He smiled.
Back to top Go down
Narinder

Narinder

PostSubject: Re: Ingredience (OPEN RP)   Ingredience (OPEN RP) Clock10Thu Aug 22, 2019 8:27 pm

"Yeah, but like, what to fuck rhymes with Riverdale, man. What's pale, Riverdale? What's snail, Riverdale? Iono." Naz bounced her eyebrows in mirth.

"Yeah, course you can. I'll make some more next week if it goes over well. Which YIKES I sure hope it does. I vaguely remember being good at cookin from my college days, but it's tot'ly possible I hallucinated it...

Huh. Where was I?"
Back to top Go down
Rico

Rico

PostSubject: Re: Ingredience (OPEN RP)   Ingredience (OPEN RP) Clock10Thu Aug 22, 2019 9:00 pm

Rico shrugs. “I dunno, I guess you really can’t rhyme anything good with Riverdale!” He snickers.

His blinks at the sentence Naz spoke. “Next week if it goes over well.”

Rico misinterpreted that by a long shot. “Yeah... I hope it goes over well too... to be frank, I’m nervous, Naz.” He utters. He takes a bite of his slop before he rests his arms on the bar.
Back to top Go down
Narinder

Narinder

PostSubject: Re: Ingredience (OPEN RP)   Ingredience (OPEN RP) Clock10Thu Aug 22, 2019 9:16 pm

"Oh, shit, right..." The fact that Rico was on the block had slipped her mind, but that was definitely a cause for concern. Narinder didn't want to make rankings in her head, but coming down to it? She liked Rico way more than she did Birdy or Fifi.

"I got your back, dude, y'know I got it. I want you around."

She looks up from her pot of curry.

"Do you think you're out the door for sure? Signed, sealed, delivered? Or is there a chance?"
Back to top Go down
Rico

Rico

PostSubject: Re: Ingredience (OPEN RP)   Ingredience (OPEN RP) Clock10Thu Aug 22, 2019 9:25 pm

Rico smiled. “Thank you, Naz... I do know there’s at least two votes against me, those being Nigel and Lacey... Lacey still held a grudge against me last week for just mentioning her name and Nigels for a replacement nominee, so I can imagine I’m two down... “ he sighs.

“I’m just worried that this will end in a popularity contest, and Birdy is well-liked by everyone and I’m more introverted to say the least.” He cleared his throat.

“This is the first time I’ve actually felt like I’m in danger.”
Back to top Go down
Bertrand

Bertrand

PostSubject: Re: Ingredience (OPEN RP)   Ingredience (OPEN RP) Clock10Thu Aug 22, 2019 9:30 pm

Bertrand had gone silent after Rico entered the kitchen since he optimistically believed that he could save the conversation with Narinder to be less awkward. He was stroking his chin, however, overhearing the conversation going on without him.
Back to top Go down
Narinder

Narinder

PostSubject: Re: Ingredience (OPEN RP)   Ingredience (OPEN RP) Clock10Thu Aug 22, 2019 9:35 pm

"Hmm."

Narinder's stirring settled into a lazy back and forth rhythm as she considered this. "You need four to go, yeah?"

She counted on her fingers. "Apart from Nige and Lacey...there's Mark, Rita, Jamie, myself, and Bert here." She gestured to Bertrand. "What do you think about it, Brotrand?"
Back to top Go down
Bertrand

Bertrand

PostSubject: Re: Ingredience (OPEN RP)   Ingredience (OPEN RP) Clock10Thu Aug 22, 2019 10:16 pm

...Shit. Uh...

"I would uh... not mind keeping you Rico if I am being honest. However, I am just wondering... if I save you this round, would you do the same for me later on?"
Back to top Go down
Rico

Rico

PostSubject: Re: Ingredience (OPEN RP)   Ingredience (OPEN RP) Clock10Thu Aug 22, 2019 10:58 pm

Rico nods. “I did it before with saving you over Nate! Why wouldn’t I do it again?” He smiles.

“I like you Bert. I can see you’re a logical person and I appreciate someone who can call a bluff as boldly as you can.” He said, referring to his house meeting.

“Trust me, I would return the favor when I’m finally off the block for a good while.”
Back to top Go down
Bertrand

Bertrand

PostSubject: Re: Ingredience (OPEN RP)   Ingredience (OPEN RP) Clock10Fri Aug 23, 2019 12:06 am

"Well, if I recall correctly, I ended up winning the Power of Protection Week 3 and not you. But... thank you for the compliment. And if you are willing to save me in the later weeks and overall your trustable nature... I see no reason to evict you at this stage, Rico."
Back to top Go down
Rico

Rico

PostSubject: Re: Ingredience (OPEN RP)   Ingredience (OPEN RP) Clock10Fri Aug 23, 2019 3:05 am

Rico blinks. “Ah shit... you’re right! I mistook you and Nate for Dev and Nate! My apologies, but yeah, the point still stands!” He smiled.

“I appreciate it, you guys. I really do.” He pats Bert on the shoulder, since he was closer.
Back to top Go down
Bertrand

Bertrand

PostSubject: Re: Ingredience (OPEN RP)   Ingredience (OPEN RP) Clock10Fri Aug 23, 2019 1:33 pm

"It is truly no problem. Good luck with the impending vote, Rico."
Back to top Go down
Narinder

Narinder

PostSubject: Re: Ingredience (OPEN RP)   Ingredience (OPEN RP) Clock10Fri Aug 23, 2019 4:02 pm

"Yeah, man. We gotchu. All the way."
Back to top Go down
Rico

Rico

PostSubject: Re: Ingredience (OPEN RP)   Ingredience (OPEN RP) Clock10Fri Aug 23, 2019 4:08 pm

Rico smiles. “Thanks, guys! I won’t letcha down! Hopefully after this elimination, it’ll be the Jury Phase if they do Final 3 again.”

Rico then ponders. “...I wonder if curry spice is not allowed for slop. Maybe chuck some of that into my mush to make it better?” He said, looking to Naz.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ingredience (OPEN RP)   Ingredience (OPEN RP) Clock10

Back to top Go down

Ingredience (OPEN RP)
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next