The Mad House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This season, contestants compete in hellish challenges for a chance at safety--and a heavenly cash prize--in Mad House 8: Heaven and Hell

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

A New Message (Private w/ Manda)

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Harriet_Jane_Jules

Harriet_Jane_Jules

A New Message (Private w/ Manda) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: A New Message (Private w/ Manda)   A New Message (Private w/ Manda) - Page 2 Clock10Thu Aug 24, 2017 7:56 pm

(LMAO we jus gon continue into the next day or wut?)
Back to top Go down
Natalie

Natalie

PostSubject: Re: A New Message (Private w/ Manda)   A New Message (Private w/ Manda) - Page 2 Clock10Thu Aug 24, 2017 10:06 pm

(Lol yeah. I think that would make the most sense ^^. Plus, this is so much fun!)
Back to top Go down
Harriet_Jane_Jules

Harriet_Jane_Jules

PostSubject: Re: A New Message (Private w/ Manda)   A New Message (Private w/ Manda) - Page 2 Clock10Thu Aug 24, 2017 10:31 pm

Bright and early the next morning, Manda set to work setting up the most perfect date possible to take Helen on... oh, and Satoshi would be there, too. But most importantly, she'd be taking Helen out and impressing her.

Helen would neeeeeever go on a real date with Manda. Ever. So, by making it a weird threesome thing, Manda could properly romance 'her' lady without making it look too gay. She would make it up to Satoshi later... I dunno, but him a yacht or something.

Some time later, she picked up Helen and went to pick up her favorite nerd. She'd, of course, hired a driver and rented a large, very fancy, top of the line electric car (Manda didn't care about much, but she liked being green). When they arrived outside of the hotel he's been staying at, she couldn't help but smirk. She was soooooooooooo getting the girl.

Helen, on the other hand, wasn't terribly impressed with all of Manda's flashy nonsense. She was much more practical and classy, and would've been fine just going out and doing something simple... without Manda. Or even with Manda having her own date. But, she had to admit that having two people fighting over her and trying to impress her gave her a HUGE ego boost. She couldn't resist!
Back to top Go down
Natalie

Natalie

PostSubject: Re: A New Message (Private w/ Manda)   A New Message (Private w/ Manda) - Page 2 Clock10Thu Aug 24, 2017 11:38 pm

As the sound of his alarm blared right next to his ear, Satoshi slowly gets off the couch as he turns off the blaring noise. Although he felt like he was hit by a truck multiple times, he knew how to hide it well.
He did his morning routine while trying to get rid of his head splitting migraine. Satoshi fully intends on keeping his word to Manda to not look like he just came put of the bar. He looks at his phone as he put on his clothes to see a text from Manda simply stating.

"GET YOUR BONEY ASS OUT HERE!

Although he is slightly irritated, he pushes it aside as he walks out the door with his phone, wallet, and key to his rental car (just in case he needed it). He is actually surprised to see Manda and Helen in the back seat of an extravagant looking eco friendly car. He didn't think Manda cared about the environment that much. But he pushes his inner insults aside as soon as he laid his eyes on Helen. He doesn't know what it is about her, but she was even more beautiful now than the first time he saw her. He tries his best to hide the fact that he is admiring her features. Her dark and smouldering eyes, her thick black hair, her ruby red lips. He snaps himself out of his trance before he makes looks too foolish as he steps into the car.

"Good Morning, ladies" He says in a polite manner.

"You know? You didn't have to make this an extravagant outing, Manda. I would have been fine with anything. We could have even used my car if need be."

Satoshi looks back at Helen and feels a twinge of guilt about anything he thought was done last night that he doesn't remember. He might as well try to at least make a good impression while he is sober.

"I don't know if I properly introduced myself last night, my name is Satoshi Hiyama. What might yours be, Madam?"

Back to top Go down
Harriet_Jane_Jules

Harriet_Jane_Jules

PostSubject: Re: A New Message (Private w/ Manda)   A New Message (Private w/ Manda) - Page 2 Clock10Fri Aug 25, 2017 9:55 am

Helen laughs and holds her hand out to shake. Everything she does is so carefully practiced and graceful—reserved. She’s almost as good of an actress as Manda, just with different applications. “Don’t mind Manda—she loves showing off for me. I won’t be surprised if she plans on spending the night throwing money at anyone who looks twice.” She smiles, “But, I’m Helen. Helen Taylor.”

At Helen’s comments, Manda flushed bright red and proceeded to sit back and pout. Oy vey, this would be a night.

Back to top Go down
Natalie

Natalie

PostSubject: Re: A New Message (Private w/ Manda)   A New Message (Private w/ Manda) - Page 2 Clock10Sat Aug 26, 2017 2:18 pm

He takes her hand and shakes it professionally. He didnt think that it would be like going to a board meeting but he needed to just roll with it. But something she said caught his attention. Why would Manda want to show off for her? Regardless, he didn't want to make the scene awkward so he'd rather keep quiet about it. Just maybe keep an open eye out.

"At least that would make someone's day."

He nervously chuckles but when he sees thay neither one of them laugh, he immediately stops and clears his throat.

"So, where go you ladies like to go? I'm not from here so I'm pretty open for anything."
Back to top Go down
Harriet_Jane_Jules

Harriet_Jane_Jules

PostSubject: Re: A New Message (Private w/ Manda)   A New Message (Private w/ Manda) - Page 2 Clock10Sat Aug 26, 2017 4:44 pm

"Food?"

"Did you actually plan out my date? You're taking the whole 'chaperone' thing too seriously." She rolls her eyes with a laugh, then turns her attention to Satoshi. "What do you want to do? I'm here to meet you not just visit my usual haunts."
Back to top Go down
Natalie

Natalie

PostSubject: Re: A New Message (Private w/ Manda)   A New Message (Private w/ Manda) - Page 2 Clock10Sat Aug 26, 2017 6:19 pm

He was taken back by Helen's question.
In all honestly, he had no idea what there was to do around here. As an orchestral musician, he has to travel around quite a bit so that he can make a living. As Manda was driving around, he catches a quick glance of different venders set up on the street and people walking around. He sees it and points it out.

"What about that? It kind of looks like a crafts fair. I think it looks rather interesting."

As soon as he said that, he stomach started to rumble.
Due to all the stress of the latest concert, he's completely forgotten to eat all day yesterday so he is starving. He puts his arms around his stomach to his at least a little bit of his embarrassment.

"Um, maybe after we eat a little something."
Back to top Go down
Harriet_Jane_Jules

Harriet_Jane_Jules

PostSubject: Re: A New Message (Private w/ Manda)   A New Message (Private w/ Manda) - Page 2 Clock10Mon Aug 28, 2017 3:11 pm

She laughed, "Alright, we'll get something to eat and then circle back around."

Manda waves her hand lazily and tells their driver to head to the nearest restaurant, some fancy French affair, and then settles back into her seat. Helen speaks French, Manda speaks enough French to order, and it would be interesting to see Satoshi squirm a little if he couldn't keep up.

This all went unnoticed by Helen, however, who was devoting her attention to Satoshi. Subconsciously she was probably trying to make Manda jealous so the other girl would act up more, but there was some genuine interest there too. "So, Satoshi Hiyama, what is it that you do outside of hitting on strange women in bars?" Some harsh words, but she was very clearly teasing. Not to mention calling herself a strange woman? She was being playful with zero malicious intent.
Back to top Go down
Natalie

Natalie

PostSubject: Re: A New Message (Private w/ Manda)   A New Message (Private w/ Manda) - Page 2 Clock10Mon Aug 28, 2017 9:44 pm

He looks briefly around at the decor along with the other patrons. All he sees are wealthy snobs who were born with silver spoons in their mouths in a golden cage. Oh yeah, and Manda showing off to the waiter. When placed his order, he took full advantage of the small amount of French that he learned from his aunt Amoret to have a brief conversation with the elderly gentleman. He looks back at Manda to see what kind of reaction she would give. Plus, he silently hopes that it would impress Helen in any way.

"Well first of all, the first word to describe a woman like you wouldn't be strange. I think 'intriging' would fit you more appropriately. As far as my hobbies outside the bar goes, I primarily play the piano, but that has been more of a chore recently. I also take up time by reading, writing music, and surprisingly...watching horror movies. They are a more like a quilty pleasure to me. But enough about me, If you don't mind, I would like to get to know you a bit more. What do you like to do in your free time? [/i]

Back to top Go down
Harriet_Jane_Jules

Harriet_Jane_Jules

PostSubject: Re: A New Message (Private w/ Manda)   A New Message (Private w/ Manda) - Page 2 Clock10Mon Aug 28, 2017 10:22 pm

Manda quickly returned to pouting once she realized that Satoshi somehow knew more French than her... But how was she supposed to know that all those years of French classes would actually come in handy?? Disgraceful. Ugh. How was she supposed to show off without bein able to order at a fancy restaurant?? It didn't occur to Manda that she had money and would be able to show him up by paying for everyone's food... but she was never one to think ahead like that, so she continued to pout and be the third wheel.

Helen, however, was very impressed and quite taken with him already--she laughed easily at his compliment and was sitting much closer to him than to Manda. She wasn't sure how to respond to her questions though, and her hesitance was obvious if not for how long it took her to answer, then certainly for how her gaze shifted from Satoshi to her silverware.

Helen liked to give off the impression that she was very wealthy, but in truth she worked her ass off day and night doing various jobs and studying for classes. "I... I'm a fan of equestrian, and I like to frequent the theatre, I love to dance... I actually spend a lot of time working with cars." One of her main jobs was helping around a chop shop, so she wasn't entirely lying. "I can't imagine you as a horror movie fanatic though! What is it that you like about them?" He was hitting her criteria so PERFECTLY thus far--all Helen had to do was keep him talking and interested. Not to mention the fact that she wanted him to know as little about her 'double life' as possible!
Back to top Go down
Natalie

Natalie

PostSubject: Re: A New Message (Private w/ Manda)   A New Message (Private w/ Manda) - Page 2 Clock10Mon Aug 28, 2017 11:16 pm

Satoshi notices Manda's pouty look and starts to feel a bit confused. Was it because of his short conversation with the waiter about his food and the wine selection? He can also feel the awkward tension between him and Manda. But suddenly, his attention shifts from Manda to Helen as he saw her move closer to him. He can feel his heart pounding rapidly in his chest. He didn't know why he felt like a nervous teenage boy around a beautiful girl. But the last thing he wants is to have her know that.

But he couldn't help but feel like the her hesitation had a certain meaning to what Helen was saying. But he would rather not make a scene about it since he was still intrigued. He leans in a closer to her to hopefully make a subtle move on her.

"Well I actually frequently go to the theatre as well. Especially whenever the opera is in town. You are quite the woman with an interest in the performing arts. What kind of dance are interests you? But I can admit that I have never thought of you being an equestrian. But, I can't really say much since I don't look like a horror movie kind of guy. "

He thinks for a moment and realizes how truly messed up his taste in horror happens to be. Some of his favorite movies just to name a few happen to be Jigoku, Shoujo Tsubaki, and Audition. The last time he watched one of them with his cousin, she stayed awake all night and was scared stiff on the couch as he slept his usual three hour night just fine.

"Well, I guess you can say that my taste definitely differs from the usual horror fan. I also happen to enjoy seeing other people's reactions to them. I find them amusing to a certain degree."
Back to top Go down
Harriet_Jane_Jules

Harriet_Jane_Jules

PostSubject: Re: A New Message (Private w/ Manda)   A New Message (Private w/ Manda) - Page 2 Clock10Mon Aug 28, 2017 11:38 pm

If Helen noticed him putting the moves on her, then she didn't show it. She would hold back and be a polite young lady... in public. "Oh I think that it's important to take in as much art as possible, and expand your horizons. There's a reason that royalty spent so much time learning about painting, writing, music... expanding your mind is just as important as exercising your body, if not more so, and art is an excellent way to do it."

"I'm not particularly good at dancing, but I looooove to tango."

Manda pipes up a bit at that. She scoffs, "Helen, you like line dancing. Don't try to act all fancy for this little nerd--he doesn't care how good your etiquette is or any of that shi--uh stuff." She glances around the room. Shit. Forgot she was in a nice restaurant.

At her comment, Helen flushes bright red. Damn it Manda! She REALLY didn't need people knowing what a hillbilly she was. She manages to get a nervous laugh out, "Ahah well uh... we've all got our quirks. Horror movies, line dancing," she shoots a glare in Manda's direction. "Blabbing."
Back to top Go down
Natalie

Natalie

PostSubject: Re: A New Message (Private w/ Manda)   A New Message (Private w/ Manda) - Page 2 Clock10Tue Aug 29, 2017 12:02 am

Satoshi couldn't help but to find Helen's little speech about the arts to be charming. Especially since he has a heavy internet in that subject. She sounded so poise and confident by the tone in her voice that he found mesmerizing.

"Well, I'm not the best at danc..."

He stopped in the middle of the phrase as soon as Manda made a remark about linedancing. He has to admit that he was shocked to hear that Helen had an interest in something like that. But yet...why does he find it slightly adorable? It might be Helen's bright red face that triggered that reaction. So he couldn't help but give her a small smile.

"What's wrong with having a different interest than what you are expected to have? I think it's...rather adorable that you have an interest in linedancing."
Back to top Go down
Harriet_Jane_Jules

Harriet_Jane_Jules

PostSubject: Re: A New Message (Private w/ Manda)   A New Message (Private w/ Manda) - Page 2 Clock10Tue Aug 29, 2017 12:29 am

Oh god, she was only getting more embarrassed. On some level Helen KNEE it was just her anxiety and that Satoshi wasn't actually being patronizing, but she couldn't help feel very self conscious in that moment and she was pretty upset that Manda had brought it up at all. The smallest things would upset Helen that way. But, she made a mental note to just talk to Manda about it later and continue doing her best to give a good impression to the handsome musician.

"Well, uh... thank you." She was now adjusting her silverware and trying desperately to wish away the blush that still lingered on her cheeks. "It's just that I don't see a lot of politicians bragging about how they went to a hoedown. But, I suppose you wouldn't see a lot... oh, I'm sorry, I never actually asked what you do. I assume it's something to do with your music?" SMOOTH. She felt jut a touch of pride that she'd found a way to steer the conversation back towards Satoshi. Maybe once they could get away from Manda she would be alright opening up in small amounts, but she wasn't going to talk about being a little grease monkey farm girl in the middle of this fancy place!
Back to top Go down
Natalie

Natalie

PostSubject: Re: A New Message (Private w/ Manda)   A New Message (Private w/ Manda) - Page 2 Clock10Tue Aug 29, 2017 12:52 am

Satoshi notices Helen's face is still flustered but he decides to just simply go along with the change in subject. Helen seemed like the kind of woman that would want to advance her social status, so politics wpuld be perfect for her. Whether it would be necessarily a good thing or not all depends on her.

"Really? You seem like the type of woman that would make a successful politician. Have you had any form of prior political experience?"

He remembers her question to him and replies with "That is when you are correct. I am actually a pianist in the Albany Orchestra. But I am trying to get my Master's degree in Musical Study."

He looks over at Manda and notices that she has went silent. Which is odd to him since she has always been confident while he was around her. So he decides to try to bring her back in the conversation.

"But if you don't mind me asking, how did you ladies meet each other? I just find it interesting how much you two are different from each other."
Back to top Go down
Harriet_Jane_Jules

Harriet_Jane_Jules

PostSubject: Re: A New Message (Private w/ Manda)   A New Message (Private w/ Manda) - Page 2 Clock10Tue Aug 29, 2017 10:15 am

“You play in an Orchestra? VERY impressive—you must be extremely talented.” At his mention of Manda, she turns to her friend and gives her a pleading look. For the love of god, no more teasing! “As far as the two of us meeting, well…”

Manda shrugs, tearing apart one of the biscuits that had been left for their table and noshing between words. “She was my tutor when I was still going to school. Our dads are friends, and throwing us together was an excuse for them to hang out since Brandon and Preeti don’t live around here.”

“Brandon and Preeti being my parents,” She quickly clarifies. Not that she really wanted to bring up her entire family history, but it was already out there so best to just roll with it. “Manda was not the best student shockingly, and I’m an honors student so…”

”Match made in heaven!”
Back to top Go down
Natalie

Natalie

PostSubject: Re: A New Message (Private w/ Manda)   A New Message (Private w/ Manda) - Page 2 Clock10Wed Aug 30, 2017 9:24 pm

Satoshi is slightly shocked to hear that someone is actually impressed with his profession. Normally, his peers would find it rather boring since they normally don't care for classical music like he does. Plus there is always the lovely stereotype that Asians have to know how to play the piano or the violin. Whatever, at least he was good enough to make a career out of it.

"Well I like to think I'm not the worst but that's all a matter of opinion. If you ladies would like, I can show you whenever the chance comes up."

But he pushes that thought aside as he payed close attention to the girls' story. Judging by his past experiences with Manda, he wasn't surprised that she needed a tutor. Not because he thought she wasn't smart enough on her own, just needed the extra help to focus on certain subjects.

"Well I can say that it is just fate that made a perfect match with you two. You seem to enjoy each other's company more or less.
Back to top Go down
Harriet_Jane_Jules

Harriet_Jane_Jules

PostSubject: Re: A New Message (Private w/ Manda)   A New Message (Private w/ Manda) - Page 2 Clock10Thu Aug 31, 2017 11:26 am

“Oh, we definitely enjoy each other’s… Company.” Manda laughs at her own stupid comment. This was right in-line with her usual brand of jokes, so Helen simply rolled her eyes and didn’t say anything defensive. “But, speaking of opportunities…” She motions towards a small stage near their table which has a rather impressive piano, microphones, and an assortment of other instruments. “Wanna put your money where your mouth is?”

“I really doubt those are just open for anyone to play…”

“Oh, they aren’t. But, daddy owns a share of this place and I’ve performed here so,” she cackles yet again, motioning over their waiter. “Just say the word, my man, I’ll make it happen.” Manda was a little too impulsive to realize this wouldn’t harm OR help Satoshi’s chances with Helen… She just had the fleeting thought that she could make him an offer and he would be too embarrassed or polite to accept, and that would make him look bad? Even as she asked to speak to someone named ‘Jacques’ (most likely a manager), she was realizing that this was a silly idea… But oh well. No stopping now.
Back to top Go down
Natalie

Natalie

PostSubject: Re: A New Message (Private w/ Manda)   A New Message (Private w/ Manda) - Page 2 Clock10Thu Aug 31, 2017 1:56 pm

Following in the direction she pointed at, Satoshi was actually really impressed by the mass of instruments on the stage. One that stuck put the most in his mind is the beautiful grand piano. It's even better then the one in this orchestra, let alone his own personal piano. His mind comes back to Manda trying to make a bet with him. He curiosity is peaking. It wouldn't hurt his chances with Helen if he just asked a question, right?

"What exactly do you have in mind?"
Back to top Go down
Harriet_Jane_Jules

Harriet_Jane_Jules

PostSubject: Re: A New Message (Private w/ Manda)   A New Message (Private w/ Manda) - Page 2 Clock10Thu Aug 31, 2017 2:17 pm

Helen scoffs at their antics, but is extremely amused as evidenced by her smile. This only goads Manda on, and she leans across the table towards Satoshi with her usual devilish smirk and a glint in her eye. “Well, we can start you off with an easy one: can you play Moonlight Sonata?” Kinda melancholy, but it was one of the only pieces of Classical music Manda actually knew. She figured it would be in the dork’s wheelhouse, and it’d give her time to find something more difficult if nothing else.
Back to top Go down
Natalie

Natalie

PostSubject: Re: A New Message (Private w/ Manda)   A New Message (Private w/ Manda) - Page 2 Clock10Thu Aug 31, 2017 3:14 pm

He keeps a calm expression on his face since he knows a challenge when he sees one.
Especially with a devilish grin like that. But, Moonlight Sonata wasn't anything too difficult for him to play. In fact, it happens to be one of his classical pieces from Beethoven. So, he was willing to take part of her game that he knew who the victor will be.

"I didn't think you knew Beethoven's works on such a level. But, as long as I have permission from the manager, it would be my deepest pleasure to play a classic song like Moonlight Sonata."

Back to top Go down
Harriet_Jane_Jules

Harriet_Jane_Jules

PostSubject: Re: A New Message (Private w/ Manda)   A New Message (Private w/ Manda) - Page 2 Clock10Thu Aug 31, 2017 3:19 pm

She turns to their waiter, who insists Jacques isn’t around, and then whips out her phone to just call the poor man. After a brief conversation, she’s got all the permission she needs. “Okay, nerd, let’s establish some stakes.”

Back to top Go down
Natalie

Natalie

PostSubject: Re: A New Message (Private w/ Manda)   A New Message (Private w/ Manda) - Page 2 Clock10Thu Aug 31, 2017 5:03 pm

What does she have up her sleeve? He hopes that whatever it is, it won't get him arrested or something. He's sure that he's just overthinking things. Manda's not that heartless...right? Just to be safe though.

"You go first. What will I have to do if I fail to entertain you and the patrons in this restaurant. And you can't fake your reaction. It has to be genuine."
Back to top Go down
Harriet_Jane_Jules

Harriet_Jane_Jules

PostSubject: Re: A New Message (Private w/ Manda)   A New Message (Private w/ Manda) - Page 2 Clock10Thu Aug 31, 2017 6:02 pm

Manda thinks for a moment, then snaps her fingers triumphantly. "If you can't do it, I get to kiss your date!"

"Oh like hell you do." Helen crosses her arms, pouting the most adorable pout imaginable. "How about the loser pays for the meal? That seems fair."

Manda grumbles a bit, blowing a strand of hair out of her face. "Okay, okay... Loser pays for the meal and... Uh..." She was struggling to think of something that would be entertaining... worst comes to worst, she could always challenge him to a drinking contest later and humiliate him that way. She didn't THINK he could possibly do more shots than her. "Yea, I guess loser pays for the meal. Unless you've got a better idea."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A New Message (Private w/ Manda)   A New Message (Private w/ Manda) - Page 2 Clock10

Back to top Go down

A New Message (Private w/ Manda)
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next