The Mad House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This season, contestants compete in hellish challenges for a chance at safety--and a heavenly cash prize--in Mad House 8: Heaven and Hell

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Be Upfront [Private RP with Narinder, J.C. & Lacey]

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Lacey

Lacey

Be Upfront [Private RP with Narinder, J.C. & Lacey]  Empty
PostSubject: Be Upfront [Private RP with Narinder, J.C. & Lacey]    Be Upfront [Private RP with Narinder, J.C. & Lacey]  Clock10Fri Sep 20, 2019 9:01 am

The last eviction ceremony left a very bad taste in Lacey's mouth. She couldn't help but keep wondering why Rico was so cruel to her and Birdy nor why the votes to keep Mark weren't adding up. She noticed Rico treated Narinder and J.C. with respect & assuming they know why he went aggro, she wanted to get to the bottom of things by just being straightforward and asking them.

She left them notes to meet up in the kitchen and was awaiting their arrival patiently.
Back to top Go down
Narinder

Narinder

PostSubject: Re: Be Upfront [Private RP with Narinder, J.C. & Lacey]    Be Upfront [Private RP with Narinder, J.C. & Lacey]  Clock10Fri Sep 20, 2019 2:43 pm

Freshly made bowl of NyQuil chicken in hand, Narinder shuffled into the kitchen. She had a feeling this meeting might bring some tough questions, and through the power of NyQuil, she was prepared to answer them--to bullshit them if need be. Her face didn't give away much...so if her lies were realistic and not crazy outlandish, it could work in her favor.

"Sup, Lace," she greeted. "What's fuckin?"
Back to top Go down
Lacey

Lacey

PostSubject: Re: Be Upfront [Private RP with Narinder, J.C. & Lacey]    Be Upfront [Private RP with Narinder, J.C. & Lacey]  Clock10Fri Sep 20, 2019 3:29 pm

Lacey wasn't gonna beat around the bush or try to make the two comfortable before bombarding them with questions. She had been feeling uneasy over everything and just wanted it out of her system.

"Thanks for coming. I need to know something...did either of you vote to save Rico when Mark and Jamie were up with him? And if so, what was he going off about at the eviction? He seemed to be close with you & maybe you could at least explain his outburst to me?"
Back to top Go down
Narinder

Narinder

PostSubject: Re: Be Upfront [Private RP with Narinder, J.C. & Lacey]    Be Upfront [Private RP with Narinder, J.C. & Lacey]  Clock10Fri Sep 20, 2019 3:52 pm

Naz took a big bite of NyQuil chicken, visibly relaxing.

"Man, I dunno what was up with that dude," she begins. "I did vote to save him, yeah, cuz he proposed to work together and shit a while back, and I thought I could get him in with us if he survived the double...but then that dude just started goin' OFF, and he was up with my man JC here in the first place...I couldn't justify it after that, no way no how."

Naz sighed. "If I'd known he felt like that 'bout you...I wouldn't have done it. I screwed up, and now my bro Mark's gone too..."

She wiped her brow. "It wasn't a fun and sexy time. I blew it."
Back to top Go down
Lacey

Lacey

PostSubject: Re: Be Upfront [Private RP with Narinder, J.C. & Lacey]    Be Upfront [Private RP with Narinder, J.C. & Lacey]  Clock10Fri Sep 20, 2019 4:14 pm

Lacey tilts her head in confusion. Narinder's actions made no sense to her.

"Okay...while I don't get why he was upset in detail, the guy did go after me & I targeted him back. I was clear I wanted Mark to stay over him for it, like, in front of everyone. Why would you think I'd wanna work with him without discussing it with me beforehand? Dude, I can't believe you'd vote for him over Mark...that wasn't very cash money of you." Lacey was really disappointed her suspicions were correct & that Narinder would do stuff in secret, but she was trying to keep her composure.
Back to top Go down
Narinder

Narinder

PostSubject: Re: Be Upfront [Private RP with Narinder, J.C. & Lacey]    Be Upfront [Private RP with Narinder, J.C. & Lacey]  Clock10Fri Sep 20, 2019 4:26 pm

"I'm just tryna..." Naz looked at the ground for a second or two before drawing herself up to her full 5'1" height and looking Lacey in the eye.

"I was trying to help. That's all. Get more people on our side. I didn't realize the way he felt about you was personal." She crossed her arms. "I thought if I could get him to join up, it'd neutralize any momentum against us he might build. And well...I liked him as a dude, and I thought he had good game sense. I wish it hadn't been..."

She trailed off, something occurring to her. "If you didn't want Mark gone, why did you put him up at all. You can't..." Something like anger crept into her voice. "You can't go around just putting people in danger like that without at least considerin' the worst-case scenario. I didn't want Mark OUT. I thought Rico could be useful, was all. Didn't know he was that unwilling to change his tune. Didn't realize it'd have to be at Mark's expense...or Jamie's, for that matter. It all happened so fast. But I shoulda brought it up...ugh. Stupid."

Her shoulders sagged. "Man, where'd we go wrong...thought this was supposed to be an equal partnership, here we are never talking about anything."

She picked apart another piece of NyQuil chicken, eyes glassy, staring at nothing. Her voice was a hoarse whisper. "I guess I just wanted to prove I could make those calls on my own..."
Back to top Go down
J.C.

J.C.

PostSubject: Re: Be Upfront [Private RP with Narinder, J.C. & Lacey]    Be Upfront [Private RP with Narinder, J.C. & Lacey]  Clock10Fri Sep 20, 2019 4:35 pm

J.C. arrived after getting Lacey's note. It had already been a rough week since the last eviction. He was a bit surprised to see Naz there in attendance. Was something up between them?

"Hey Lacey. Hey Naz." After hearing Lacey ask that, he came out clean. "Well, yeah I voted to save Rico. I'm not really close with him but he seemed like a nice guy who ran into some bad luck in the game. He deserved a shot. In all honesty, I wasn't that close with Mark towards the end and I liked Jaime but I felt like she had stuff on her mind and I hadn't actually spoken to her in a while before her eviction."
Back to top Go down
J.C.

J.C.

PostSubject: Re: Be Upfront [Private RP with Narinder, J.C. & Lacey]    Be Upfront [Private RP with Narinder, J.C. & Lacey]  Clock10Fri Sep 20, 2019 4:44 pm

Once he heard Lacey's upset tone, he knew he had to speak up. "Lacey, I'm going to be really honest right now. You're upset at me for not conversing with you about voting for Rico but when was the last time you and I ever discussed anything when it came to our partnership? Sure we have our meetings, but do we even have a discussion? It almost usually begins with you asking for my opinion in a decision, I say my piece, and then you don't even take what I say into consideration and you just do whatever you want. A discussion usually involves back and forth conversation but I don't feel that when I talk with you. I just want to see how you and I are even in a partnership if you don't even listen to me?" He motions to Naz. "Also, why did you never tell me that you were working with Naz? This feels like something I should have known about as you partner. No offense, Naz."
Back to top Go down
Narinder

Narinder

PostSubject: Re: Be Upfront [Private RP with Narinder, J.C. & Lacey]    Be Upfront [Private RP with Narinder, J.C. & Lacey]  Clock10Fri Sep 20, 2019 5:08 pm

Naz raised an eyebrow. "Did I not tell you, JC? My bad, I shoulda touched base 'n shit...but yeah..." This was throwing Narinder for a loop. She didn't realize things between JC and Lacey were THAT dysfunctional. Clearly this unit wasn't as tight-knit as she thought.
Back to top Go down
Lacey

Lacey

PostSubject: Re: Be Upfront [Private RP with Narinder, J.C. & Lacey]    Be Upfront [Private RP with Narinder, J.C. & Lacey]  Clock10Fri Sep 20, 2019 5:10 pm

Lacey took a deep breath. She couldn't believe her ears, but she knew exploding at them would make matters worse.

"Guys, I didn't have a backup nominee, because Birdy hadn't shown any indications that she wanted to use the POP. I didn't expect it to happen and was put on the spot. That was my bad, but I specifically chose Mark, because I knew he was close to others, like Nigel, & I thought YOU guys would go along with keeping him since I told y'all Rico tried to target me. I was certain Mark would stay and he would've if you voted for him. It was a solid plan to get Rico out. I fail to understand why you wanted to work with him or protect him. He hasn't done anything notable. He failed at a task that ended up with him being punished. Why him of all people? Because he's a nice bro or whatever? So was Mark! So are most people here! That doesn't mean we can give out alliance memberships to everyone left and right? We were doing fine without Rico on our side, Naz." She sighs.

"I understand where you're coming from, Naz. But alliances are a two way street. I talked to y'all every chance I got. I wish I could before I nominated Mark, but I had to act in the moment. You had a while to talk to me about keeping Rico and neither of you did. And J.C., I've discussed literally each of my decisions with you. I appreciated each time you came forward and I was honest with you. You had never disagreed with me or suggested otherwise. Of course I was under the impression you'd listen to me and keep Mark." Lacey picked up a glass of water and took a sip.

"Sure, maybe I didn't make the absolute best decisions. But y'all, I worked my butt off and did everything so the three of us could be on top. I put you first before anybody else. I thought you trusted me and I could trust you. If you wanted to align with other people you could've just said so instead of leaving me wondering & making me think our alliance was worthy when you were clearly having doubts." She chugs down the rest of her water.
"You know what, my dudes? I'm done. I'll fly solo from now on. You're great people, but not too great teammates...Best of luck to both of you."
Lacey does a peace sign & exists the kitchen with a deadpan look on her face.

Be Upfront [Private RP with Narinder, J.C. & Lacey]  Giphy
Back to top Go down
Narinder

Narinder

PostSubject: Re: Be Upfront [Private RP with Narinder, J.C. & Lacey]    Be Upfront [Private RP with Narinder, J.C. & Lacey]  Clock10Fri Sep 20, 2019 5:16 pm

Naz stared at Lacey's retreating back, eyes narrowed. She opened her mouth to reply, closed it, opened it, closed it.

She glanced over at JC, and laughter bubbling up in her throat, she began to clap.

"That could not have gone ANY worse," she chuckled, playfully punching JC on the shoulder. "Guess we're dead bitches walkiiiiiing."
Back to top Go down
J.C.

J.C.

PostSubject: Re: Be Upfront [Private RP with Narinder, J.C. & Lacey]    Be Upfront [Private RP with Narinder, J.C. & Lacey]  Clock10Fri Sep 20, 2019 5:23 pm

And just like that she was gone. That was her best defense on her actions? Honestly, I expected a lot from her but that was just a weak response.

He looked over at Naz and sighed. "We'll be fine. Honestly, I'm a little relieved that this alliance with her is over. She's always saying that everyone else is the problem, even when it's her decisions that cause issues. She can't accept any blame. I'm a team player and our alliance was no team. Let's see how well she does on her own."
Back to top Go down
Narinder

Narinder

PostSubject: Re: Be Upfront [Private RP with Narinder, J.C. & Lacey]    Be Upfront [Private RP with Narinder, J.C. & Lacey]  Clock10Fri Sep 20, 2019 6:48 pm

Naz agreed with JC's statements to an extent...but she didn't think it was fair to lay ALL the blame at Lacey's feet when there'd been a lack of communication for a while.

She pointed as much out. "It's not all her, though...some of the...uh, onus, is on us. It's never just a one way thing. Just like Lacey thinks it's just us...we can't think it's just her, k? Let's do better next time."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Be Upfront [Private RP with Narinder, J.C. & Lacey]    Be Upfront [Private RP with Narinder, J.C. & Lacey]  Clock10

Back to top Go down

Be Upfront [Private RP with Narinder, J.C. & Lacey]
Page 1 of 1