The Mad House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This season, contestants compete in hellish challenges for a chance at safety--and a heavenly cash prize--in Mad House 8: Heaven and Hell

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Week 1 - Let's Get Cooking! [OPEN RP]

Go down 
+7
Birdy
Lacey
Mark.
Fifi
J.C.
Devika
Chen
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Chen

Chen

Week 1 - Let's Get Cooking! [OPEN RP] Empty
PostSubject: Week 1 - Let's Get Cooking! [OPEN RP]   Week 1 - Let's Get Cooking! [OPEN RP] Clock10Mon Jul 15, 2019 12:38 pm

After Val announced Hell Week, and that everyone was Have-Nots, Chen immediately pitied Peaches from a few seasons back WAY more. But, he also remembered that you can cook the slop!

So now, he was making slop-cakes, pancakes made from slop. Even if there was no syrup of butter, he was sure they'd be fine... plus they'd help his social game a bit.
Back to top Go down
Devika

Devika

PostSubject: Re: Week 1 - Let's Get Cooking! [OPEN RP]   Week 1 - Let's Get Cooking! [OPEN RP] Clock10Mon Jul 15, 2019 1:18 pm

Getting ready for another day, Devika came downstairs, noticeably wearing the band t-shirt Mark had thrown at her. She felt a bit self-conscious wearing a random article of clothing someone had given her, but she wanted to prove she felt comfortable with everyone. This shirt didn’t feel like her, but she hoped it could be the new her. Tugging on the sleeves, she went down to make breakfast...

...Until she saw Chen. She felt a twang of guilt for not being able to talk to him much last night and about him brushing past her to move out of the bedroom that would likely be filled with women. Grabbing some water from the fridge, she walked up next to him and poured two glasses.

”...Ah, well... Chen?” she mumbled, before coughing to speak up,”I—... I wanted to say I’m sorry if you felt overwhelmed by the bedroom situation last night. I don’t think anyone meant to hurt you feelings. I wanted to know if you were doing alright.”

She daintily held up a glass, “I got you some water, if you’d like... good morning, by the way.”

Who forgets to say good morning?
Back to top Go down
Chen

Chen

PostSubject: Re: Week 1 - Let's Get Cooking! [OPEN RP]   Week 1 - Let's Get Cooking! [OPEN RP] Clock10Mon Jul 15, 2019 1:33 pm

"Hm?" Chen turned to Devika after flipping the last slop-cake. "Oh, hey there, Devika. Good morning to you, too. And, about the bedroom thing, I personally don't feel if it was that big of a deal, did the other girls think it was?" He grabbed the class. "Thanks for the water. Want a slop-cake?"
Back to top Go down
Devika

Devika

PostSubject: Re: Week 1 - Let's Get Cooking! [OPEN RP]   Week 1 - Let's Get Cooking! [OPEN RP] Clock10Mon Jul 15, 2019 2:45 pm

Oh. She didn’t mean to sound like she was creating conflict. “No, no,” Devika said, “You just seemed upset, and I would have checked in on you, but then everyone seemed to just... go to sleep.” She shrunk, hunching her shoulders up a bit. She felt stupid.

Seeing the slop cakes, she felt a bit nervous... she didn’t want to get sick, but it was better than nothing. “Yes, please. Thank you.”
Back to top Go down
J.C.

J.C.

PostSubject: Re: Week 1 - Let's Get Cooking! [OPEN RP]   Week 1 - Let's Get Cooking! [OPEN RP] Clock10Mon Jul 15, 2019 2:50 pm

J.C. walks into the kitchen to make some food for himself. Slop. Well, he’s definitely eaten worse. He notices Chen and Devika. “Hey. Enjoying the slop?”
Back to top Go down
Chen

Chen

PostSubject: Re: Week 1 - Let's Get Cooking! [OPEN RP]   Week 1 - Let's Get Cooking! [OPEN RP] Clock10Mon Jul 15, 2019 2:55 pm

"Yep, I'm making pancakes out of the stuff. Wanna give it a try?" Chen offered. He turned to Devika. "I wasn't really upset. Just uncomfortable sleeping in the same room as most of the girls in the house, who are all probably younger than me." Chen took a bite into the slop-cake. Mmm, tastes like flour!

Last edited by Chen on Mon Jul 15, 2019 3:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
J.C.

J.C.

PostSubject: Re: Week 1 - Let's Get Cooking! [OPEN RP]   Week 1 - Let's Get Cooking! [OPEN RP] Clock10Mon Jul 15, 2019 2:59 pm

“I’m good but thanks. I was just going to blend my slop. Like a protein shake.” He placed some slip into the blender and watched it spin. This couldn’t be the worst thing I’ve ever had to drink.
Back to top Go down
Fifi

Fifi

PostSubject: Re: Week 1 - Let's Get Cooking! [OPEN RP]   Week 1 - Let's Get Cooking! [OPEN RP] Clock10Mon Jul 15, 2019 3:08 pm

Fifi makes her way into the kitchen after finishing up her morning routine in the bathroom. She had on a hot pink cotton footed onesie for her pajamas and a satin head scarf tied around her head. She was planning on waking up early to whip up some buttermilk pancakes for the house, but that was not happening due to slop. In addition to that, she had been crying this morning, more so due to the fact that it had just hit her that she wouldn't be seeing her family for some time now. As Fifi enters the kitchen, her nose scrunches up at the scent of slop. "Good mornin'..." She yawned afterwards.
Back to top Go down
Mark.

Mark.

PostSubject: Re: Week 1 - Let's Get Cooking! [OPEN RP]   Week 1 - Let's Get Cooking! [OPEN RP] Clock10Mon Jul 15, 2019 3:28 pm

Mark ran into the kitchen in nothing but his swim trunks looking for a snack before going for a swim. They say you shouldn't eat before swimming, but rules are meant to be broken. "SWEET! slop cakes!" He nabs one and takes a big bite. He looked to everyone in the room trying to remember their names. He pointed to each of them. "C.J., Old man, foo foo, and Dev! Nailed it!" He paused at what Devika was wearing. "You got good taste my friend! I'mma take a dip! Later!" He bolted out the kitchen towards the pool, nabbing another slop cake on the way.

Last edited by Mark. on Mon Jul 15, 2019 3:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Chen

Chen

PostSubject: Re: Week 1 - Let's Get Cooking! [OPEN RP]   Week 1 - Let's Get Cooking! [OPEN RP] Clock10Mon Jul 15, 2019 3:30 pm

"Yep. That's my name. Old man. And good morning, Fifi! I think we got on the wrong side of things last night. Have a slop-cake, my treat." Chen offered a plate to Fifi.
Back to top Go down
Devika

Devika

PostSubject: Re: Week 1 - Let's Get Cooking! [OPEN RP]   Week 1 - Let's Get Cooking! [OPEN RP] Clock10Mon Jul 15, 2019 3:38 pm

Devika nodded, understandingly to an extent. He was a married father, after all. Then again, it was also likely a lot of other people here were in relationships, too. She hadn’t dated in a while, so she felt like it wasn’t her to decide such a moral dilemma. Taking a bite into the slop, she... thought it was genuinely good?

”I thought this would taste terrible, but I actually... kind of enjoy it,” she felt weird saying this, “It tastes fine to me. Nothing incredible, but I think I could have it for lunch for a while.”

Seeing Mark pass by made her blush out of embarrassment. He was... a weird, weird person. Unlike anyone she had ever met while she was in college. Nor anyone she would meet in York. He seemed nice, he was just... loud. Really, really loud.

Noticing Fifi good morning, she offered a slight nervous smile. She was still getting used to living in a house with a bunch of strangers, “Oh, h-hello, Fifi! Or, um... good morning!” Devika had no idea how to gesture, so she was fumbling with her hands. She had picked up on Fifi’s tear stains, but didn’t know whether or not to acknowledge them.
Back to top Go down
Fifi

Fifi

PostSubject: Re: Week 1 - Let's Get Cooking! [OPEN RP]   Week 1 - Let's Get Cooking! [OPEN RP] Clock10Mon Jul 15, 2019 3:46 pm

"Foo foo? Who the hell are you callin' foo foo??"
Week 1 - Let's Get Cooking! [OPEN RP] Giphy

Fifi wasn't taken aback by the fact that Mark had mispronounced her name, but moreso that foo foo was not a good thing to be called where she's from. As Mark dashes out the door before Fifi can correct him, she just slumps over the counter andrubs her temples. "You know what? I'ma give him the benefit of the doubt 'cause it's day 2." She turns over to Devika to repond. "Good mornin'. How'd you sleep last night?"

She looked up as Chen spoke to her, offering her something to eat. "Oooo, that looks...actually tasty. I'll have some." She grabbed two instead and placed them on a napkin in front of her. As she took a bite of the first one, her eye twitched a bit before swallowing. It wasn't as bad as she'd had imagined...still not the best though. She couldn't imagine how slop would taste in its original form. "Th-thank you..but you know what? Let me not be stingy.." She puts the second one back and starts to nibble on the first one. "Don't worry about it! We was just gettin' to know each other is all 'n I could clearly see why you was uncomfortable." She giggles about it, appreciating his concerns.
Back to top Go down
Chen

Chen

PostSubject: Re: Week 1 - Let's Get Cooking! [OPEN RP]   Week 1 - Let's Get Cooking! [OPEN RP] Clock10Mon Jul 15, 2019 3:52 pm

Chen nodded at Fifi. "No worries."

Since the slop-cakes were going fast, Chen decided to make another batch of them, enough to feed the rest of the house.
Back to top Go down
Lacey

Lacey

PostSubject: Re: Week 1 - Let's Get Cooking! [OPEN RP]   Week 1 - Let's Get Cooking! [OPEN RP] Clock10Mon Jul 15, 2019 3:57 pm

Lacey speed walks into the dining area, just having left the pantry. She's in an oversized T-shirt covered in holes that says "Adult-ish" on it, her hair is tied in two small pigtails, while holding a can of RedBull. "Morning, peeps. How did y'all sleep?" She asks, followed by a loud sip of her drink.
Back to top Go down
Chen

Chen

PostSubject: Re: Week 1 - Let's Get Cooking! [OPEN RP]   Week 1 - Let's Get Cooking! [OPEN RP] Clock10Mon Jul 15, 2019 4:02 pm

"Wait, we can have soda?" Chen asked, surprised. "Nevermind, I slept well, thanks for asking."
Back to top Go down
Lacey

Lacey

PostSubject: Re: Week 1 - Let's Get Cooking! [OPEN RP]   Week 1 - Let's Get Cooking! [OPEN RP] Clock10Mon Jul 15, 2019 4:04 pm

"Probably not, so I just keep holding it in for a few seconds and then spitting it back into the can. Val should know I'd die without my energy drinks." She smirks.
Back to top Go down
J.C.

J.C.

PostSubject: Re: Week 1 - Let's Get Cooking! [OPEN RP]   Week 1 - Let's Get Cooking! [OPEN RP] Clock10Mon Jul 15, 2019 4:07 pm

“I hear that, Lacey. I miss my energy drinks too.” He looks over to Devika. “Hey Devika. Did you sleep alright?”
Back to top Go down
Devika

Devika

PostSubject: Re: Week 1 - Let's Get Cooking! [OPEN RP]   Week 1 - Let's Get Cooking! [OPEN RP] Clock10Mon Jul 15, 2019 4:13 pm

Drinking her cup of water, Devika choked on her drink and spat out water in the sink before turning to Fifi, offering an almost apologetic smile, “I—... I slept okay,” she coughed, wiping her mouth, “Birdy is a heavy sleeper for the most part, so I didn’t have to worry all that much about waking up in the middle of the night. Thank you for asking.”

Turning to Lacey, she waved shyly. She hadn’t spent a lot of time of talking to Lacey or getting to know her much. They seemed to almost be on opposite sides of the house throughout the first day. She thought it would be good to get to know her. With JC asking her too, she thought it would be better to address both of them.

”I slept well. I mean, as good as you can get...” she paused, backpedaling, “N-Not saying Birdy or anyone else is just is ‘good as can get’, it’s just, well, I haven’t had to share a bed or a room in a long time...”

Before she realized it, Devika was caught mumbly rambling about the beds and who knows what.
Back to top Go down
J.C.

J.C.

PostSubject: Re: Week 1 - Let's Get Cooking! [OPEN RP]   Week 1 - Let's Get Cooking! [OPEN RP] Clock10Mon Jul 15, 2019 4:15 pm

“Yeah, I hear you. I haven’t shared a room with anyone since college. Well, not unless you count my dog Max sleeping at the end of my bed.”
Back to top Go down
Lacey

Lacey

PostSubject: Re: Week 1 - Let's Get Cooking! [OPEN RP]   Week 1 - Let's Get Cooking! [OPEN RP] Clock10Mon Jul 15, 2019 4:18 pm

Lacey pats Devika gently on the shoulder. "Don't sweat it, girlie! None of us thought you were trying to badmouth Birdy. And lordy knows we all feel the same way about having to sleep in a house full of strangers, but I'm sure we'll all adapt in no time!" She smiles.
Back to top Go down
Fifi

Fifi

PostSubject: Re: Week 1 - Let's Get Cooking! [OPEN RP]   Week 1 - Let's Get Cooking! [OPEN RP] Clock10Mon Jul 15, 2019 4:27 pm

"Mornin' sugah. Have some slop cakes." She motioned over to Chen who was whipping up some more. "I'm used to sharing beds with people, happens all the time back home." She smiles at Devika, glad that her and Birdy were having no trouble. "Me too....chile that girl Haleigh was tossin' her arms and legs all over the damn place. I'm surprised she never fell off the bed. Nothin' I ain't used to though, so I slept alright!"
Back to top Go down
Birdy

Birdy

PostSubject: Re: Week 1 - Let's Get Cooking! [OPEN RP]   Week 1 - Let's Get Cooking! [OPEN RP] Clock10Mon Jul 15, 2019 4:58 pm

“Did somebody say Birdy? Goooood mornin’!~” Birdy walks in with her hair up in curlers and a robe covering her body. “How’s the slop?” Birdy takes a slopcake offered by Chen, “is there any coffee around here?”
Back to top Go down
Chen

Chen

PostSubject: Re: Week 1 - Let's Get Cooking! [OPEN RP]   Week 1 - Let's Get Cooking! [OPEN RP] Clock10Mon Jul 15, 2019 5:03 pm

"Sadly, we're not allowed to have coffee. Water's basically all that we can drink until one of us wins that ticket to heaven." Chen shrugged, slipping over more slop-cakes.
Back to top Go down
Devika

Devika

PostSubject: Re: Week 1 - Let's Get Cooking! [OPEN RP]   Week 1 - Let's Get Cooking! [OPEN RP] Clock10Mon Jul 15, 2019 5:06 pm

She felt so bashful. Lacey was calm, cool, and composed. As was Jerome. In fact, it felt like almost everybody was. Although initially feeling as if her confidence was shot, Devika took solace in knowing there was a house full of people who were wholly compassionate towards one another.

”Right, right,” Devika smiled softly, fumbling with her hands, “I’m sorry. I always seem just a bit nervous still. I’m trying to get over that. Thank you for the kind words, though.”

”Ah, Haleigh seems...” Devika pauses, not realizing what she should say. She knows little to nothing about Haleigh. Swallowing her guilt, she shifts her eyes, “excited to be here. Like a-any of us, I guess...” Devika takes in a deep breath to recollect herself, “I’m glad you slept as well as you could, though.”

As Birdy walked in the door, Devika offered a shy smile and wave to her bunkmate. It felt like the polite thing to do, after all.
Back to top Go down
Birdy

Birdy

PostSubject: Re: Week 1 - Let's Get Cooking! [OPEN RP]   Week 1 - Let's Get Cooking! [OPEN RP] Clock10Mon Jul 15, 2019 5:12 pm

Birdy looks a bit upset, “oh dear!” But she’s determined to stay positive even without her morning coffee, but the dark circles under her eyes aren’t going away anytime soon. Birdy finishes her slop-cakes and water and decides to do a couple quick stretches before going upstairs to get dressed.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Week 1 - Let's Get Cooking! [OPEN RP]   Week 1 - Let's Get Cooking! [OPEN RP] Clock10

Back to top Go down

Week 1 - Let's Get Cooking! [OPEN RP]
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next