The Mad House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This season, contestants compete in hellish challenges for a chance at safety--and a heavenly cash prize--in Mad House 8: Heaven and Hell

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Week 1 - Let's Get Cooking! [OPEN RP]

Go down 
+7
Birdy
Lacey
Mark.
Fifi
J.C.
Devika
Chen
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
CowgirlJamie

CowgirlJamie

Week 1 - Let's Get Cooking! [OPEN RP] - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Week 1 - Let's Get Cooking! [OPEN RP]   Week 1 - Let's Get Cooking! [OPEN RP] - Page 2 Clock10Mon Jul 15, 2019 5:22 pm

Jamie would enter the kitchen as bright and bushy tailed as she typically was. Well, for the past month since she started training herself to be a morning person, anyway. And that was no easy feat. "Gooood mornin' y'all, what's on for breakfast?"
Back to top Go down
Chen

Chen

PostSubject: Re: Week 1 - Let's Get Cooking! [OPEN RP]   Week 1 - Let's Get Cooking! [OPEN RP] - Page 2 Clock10Mon Jul 15, 2019 5:24 pm

"Slop-cakes! Pancakes made from slop." Chen said, greeting Jamie. "Want one?"
Back to top Go down
CowgirlJamie

CowgirlJamie

PostSubject: Re: Week 1 - Let's Get Cooking! [OPEN RP]   Week 1 - Let's Get Cooking! [OPEN RP] - Page 2 Clock10Mon Jul 15, 2019 5:35 pm

"Ayup, give me a stack of 'em!" She says, grabbing a paper plate and holding it out. Or getting ready to plate them herself if Chen wasn't going to do that.
Back to top Go down
Chen

Chen

PostSubject: Re: Week 1 - Let's Get Cooking! [OPEN RP]   Week 1 - Let's Get Cooking! [OPEN RP] - Page 2 Clock10Mon Jul 15, 2019 5:41 pm

Chen loaded a stack of slop-cakes onto the plate Jamie held out. "Enjoy them, because they might be the only thing we're having for breakfast this week."
Back to top Go down
Devika

Devika

PostSubject: Re: Week 1 - Let's Get Cooking! [OPEN RP]   Week 1 - Let's Get Cooking! [OPEN RP] - Page 2 Clock10Mon Jul 15, 2019 5:53 pm

Jamie’s presence was a lot as always, but she seemed a bit more adjusted to living in the house. Jamie had been nice to her on the first day, so it felt fair to kindly wave at her.
Back to top Go down
Narinder

Narinder

PostSubject: Re: Week 1 - Let's Get Cooking! [OPEN RP]   Week 1 - Let's Get Cooking! [OPEN RP] - Page 2 Clock10Mon Jul 15, 2019 5:59 pm

Narinder, still wet from the pool, followed Mark into the kitchen, a towel slung around her shoulders. Adjusting her rainbow bikini, she grabbed a plate and waited for her own helping of slop cakes.

She grunted a good morning to the assembled group.
Back to top Go down
Chen

Chen

PostSubject: Re: Week 1 - Let's Get Cooking! [OPEN RP]   Week 1 - Let's Get Cooking! [OPEN RP] - Page 2 Clock10Mon Jul 15, 2019 6:00 pm

"Good morning to you too, Narinder." Chen said as he loaded a slop-cake onto her plate.
Back to top Go down
CowgirlJamie

CowgirlJamie

PostSubject: Re: Week 1 - Let's Get Cooking! [OPEN RP]   Week 1 - Let's Get Cooking! [OPEN RP] - Page 2 Clock10Mon Jul 15, 2019 6:02 pm

"G'mornin Devika!" Jamie said, sliding into a seat next to hers with her stack of slop cakes. "Didja sleep alright? For bein in hell, they sure did make the beds mighty comfy." She remarked, cutting off a hock of slop cakes and shoveling it into her mouth. She'd chew for a few moments, her eyes going wide, before forcing herself to swallow it. "Urk...Well, maybe they won't be as bad if I just swallow em down."

Last edited by CowgirlJamie on Mon Jul 15, 2019 6:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mark.

Mark.

PostSubject: Re: Week 1 - Let's Get Cooking! [OPEN RP]   Week 1 - Let's Get Cooking! [OPEN RP] - Page 2 Clock10Mon Jul 15, 2019 6:07 pm

Mark entered from the pool with Naz still sopping wet. He looked down and noticed he had trailed in a puddle of water. "Woops! I got it!" He grabbed a single paper towel and dropped it on the ground. It did absolutely nothing. "There!" He beamed proudly like he accomplished some big task.
Back to top Go down
Devika

Devika

PostSubject: Re: Week 1 - Let's Get Cooking! [OPEN RP]   Week 1 - Let's Get Cooking! [OPEN RP] - Page 2 Clock10Mon Jul 15, 2019 6:21 pm

Narinder and Mark’s presences Made Devika slightly tense up a bit. She liked both of them, but Narinder always came off a bit too intimidating. She just always seemed a bit angry. As for Mark... she was wearing his shirt, so she had some sign of solidarity with the Mad Melons (which was an odd name, but the way), but he was loud and she was easily frightening. If Devika was the antithesis to be daring, Mark was the antithesis of Devika. She smiled and waved, because for now that’s all she could do. She wasn’t a conversationalist.

As for Jamie, she was loud but in a non-intimidating way. Devika tried to reassure her, “It won’t be for long, having us on slop,” she doesn’t know if this is helping, “...I-I hope that helps?

God save her.
Back to top Go down
Narinder

Narinder

PostSubject: Re: Week 1 - Let's Get Cooking! [OPEN RP]   Week 1 - Let's Get Cooking! [OPEN RP] - Page 2 Clock10Mon Jul 15, 2019 6:28 pm

Even Naz's iron stomach that had absorbed everything from week-old burritos to cat food to doll clothing was having trouble with these slop cakes. After nibbling through half a cake, she was pretty much done.

"Man, this junk is NAS. TY," Narinder groaned. "They really aren't making this easy for us."
Back to top Go down
Fifi

Fifi

PostSubject: Re: Week 1 - Let's Get Cooking! [OPEN RP]   Week 1 - Let's Get Cooking! [OPEN RP] - Page 2 Clock10Mon Jul 15, 2019 6:34 pm

Fifi waves to the newcomers as they entered/re-entered the kitchen. She wholeheartedly agreed with Narinder's opinion after she received her slop cake. After multiple bites, she was really getting sick of the bland taste and had the urge to dash for some syrup. The slop cake was lacking some FLAVOR and it was NOT sitting right with her stomach. She wasn't going to make it obvious though, so she just sat there and finished her slop cake, seemingly unbothered. "Chen, I was anticipation'  your cookin'. After hearin' that you owned a Chinese restaurant, I was waitin' for you to throw down in this kitchen! How's the business back home?"
Back to top Go down
Mark.

Mark.

PostSubject: Re: Week 1 - Let's Get Cooking! [OPEN RP]   Week 1 - Let's Get Cooking! [OPEN RP] - Page 2 Clock10Mon Jul 15, 2019 6:36 pm

Mark looked down at Narinders half eaten slop cake. "You gonna finish that?" Before she could answer he snagged it took a bite. "Ah, it's not THAT bad!" He took another bite. He had tortured his taste buds with too many dares to be fazed by flavorless slop.
Back to top Go down
Chen

Chen

PostSubject: Re: Week 1 - Let's Get Cooking! [OPEN RP]   Week 1 - Let's Get Cooking! [OPEN RP] - Page 2 Clock10Mon Jul 15, 2019 6:38 pm

"When I left, business was pretty good, as usual. Some of my oldest patrons even wished me luck when they heard the news I was going on this show. Hopefully, with all the viewers this show has, business will be booming!" Chen laughed. "I can't wait until Hell Week ends so I can finally make some real food. This slop just tastes like flour."
Back to top Go down
Narinder

Narinder

PostSubject: Re: Week 1 - Let's Get Cooking! [OPEN RP]   Week 1 - Let's Get Cooking! [OPEN RP] - Page 2 Clock10Mon Jul 15, 2019 6:41 pm

"More power to you," Narinder muttered to Mark. "If I starve to death in the upcoming week, give me a nice funeral."
Back to top Go down
Fifi

Fifi

PostSubject: Re: Week 1 - Let's Get Cooking! [OPEN RP]   Week 1 - Let's Get Cooking! [OPEN RP] - Page 2 Clock10Mon Jul 15, 2019 6:49 pm

"Really? Oh well that's just sweet of them! My family runs a small eatery down in Cleveland. We serve some delicious soul food: the best southern fried chicken, kickin' collard greens...oh! My sistah has this AMAZIIIING homemade buttermilk biscuit recipe. It'll knock your socks off in a jiffy!" Her mouth was watering just thinking about the food back home. "Oooo, I can't wait to see what we'll whip up once this is over!"

She gets up and grabs the mop to soak up the pool of water on the floor. She giggles at Narinder's words. "Don't worry sugah, you'll be gainin' a few pounds if I can help it!"
Back to top Go down
CowgirlJamie

CowgirlJamie

PostSubject: Re: Week 1 - Let's Get Cooking! [OPEN RP]   Week 1 - Let's Get Cooking! [OPEN RP] - Page 2 Clock10Mon Jul 15, 2019 7:00 pm

"Holy..." After eating the slop that was put in front of them, Jamie was absolutely drooling over the thought of the food Fifi was describing. So much so that she had forgotten her accent for that, though she'd be quick to clear her throat, trying to play it like she had something stuck in there that was affecting her voice.

"Shoot Fifi, you'll have to make some of that for us sometime! Maybe after we get outta this Hell hole whatchamacallit." She said, standing up and stretching a bit. "I'll talk to y'all later, I'm gonna go run on that treadmill in the gym to wake myself up a lil more." She said, wanting to get out of there NOW before she had another slip up like that. And out of there she got.
Back to top Go down
Lacey

Lacey

PostSubject: Re: Week 1 - Let's Get Cooking! [OPEN RP]   Week 1 - Let's Get Cooking! [OPEN RP] - Page 2 Clock10Mon Jul 15, 2019 7:25 pm

Lacey was silently chowing down on the slop cakes this whole time, but she couldn't bring herself to finish them. Yuck.
"Yeah, no offense to Chen, but I am gonna risk starving to death too..." She sets her plate aside and starts gargling some more Red Bull, spitting it into a potted plant. "Forgive me for that gross display, but times are desperate..."
Back to top Go down
Mark.

Mark.

PostSubject: Re: Week 1 - Let's Get Cooking! [OPEN RP]   Week 1 - Let's Get Cooking! [OPEN RP] - Page 2 Clock10Mon Jul 15, 2019 7:34 pm

Mark laughed at the dramatics around the slop. "More slop for me!" He shrugged as he took another bite. He watched Lacey spit into the plant. "SICK!" He copied her action and spit a bit of slop into the same potted plant. "Red Bull and slop! This plant is going to grow up to be big and strong!" He flexed his arm. 
Back to top Go down
Chen

Chen

PostSubject: Re: Week 1 - Let's Get Cooking! [OPEN RP]   Week 1 - Let's Get Cooking! [OPEN RP] - Page 2 Clock10Mon Jul 15, 2019 7:37 pm

"I'm sure it will grow into a nice, strong corpse." Chen chuckled.
Back to top Go down
Bertrand

Bertrand

PostSubject: Re: Week 1 - Let's Get Cooking! [OPEN RP]   Week 1 - Let's Get Cooking! [OPEN RP] - Page 2 Clock10Mon Jul 15, 2019 7:39 pm

Mostly everyone had been doing their own activities, so Bertrand walked into the kitchen since he was feeling kind of hungry.

He was then reminded that only slop could have been consumed by everyone. Ugh. He then looked in the fridge and found leftovers which seemed to be pancakes... made out of the slop. Hey, food is food. If slop is even food. He took a "slopcake", put it in the microwave to heat up, and tapped his foot, waiting for it to be ready. After the microwaved beeped indicating it was ready, he got a spoon, made an incision into the food, put it in his mouth andddd...

"HRK!"

...immediately spat it out. Slop did not react well with his taste buds. But... he signed up for it so he can't complain. After all, it's reportedly healthy. He ate at it... with much hesitation at the table.
Back to top Go down
Kiki/Lolo

Kiki/Lolo

PostSubject: Re: Week 1 - Let's Get Cooking! [OPEN RP]   Week 1 - Let's Get Cooking! [OPEN RP] - Page 2 Clock10Tue Jul 16, 2019 12:53 am

Kaden comes in while rubbing his hands together. He was getting hungry and he smelled….something, not something good but something. He plops down next to Fifi and looks at the food "Ah, quite lovely. This slop looks like someone just shat on a plate. Thanks for making it look somewhat appetizing man."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Week 1 - Let's Get Cooking! [OPEN RP]   Week 1 - Let's Get Cooking! [OPEN RP] - Page 2 Clock10

Back to top Go down

Week 1 - Let's Get Cooking! [OPEN RP]
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2