The Mad House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This season, contestants compete in hellish challenges for a chance at safety--and a heavenly cash prize--in Mad House 8: Heaven and Hell

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Week 1 - Late First Impressions [Private RP - Bertrand/Chen]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Chen

Chen

Week 1 - Late First Impressions [Private RP - Bertrand/Chen] Empty
PostSubject: Week 1 - Late First Impressions [Private RP - Bertrand/Chen]   Week 1 - Late First Impressions [Private RP - Bertrand/Chen] Clock10Mon Jul 15, 2019 7:44 pm

Chen was relaxing in the hot tub after making everyone slop-cakes. Hey, it was his one good deed for the day. But then something hit him: he only knew... like, a few of these people. He needed to make some good impressions this week. After all, Val DID say social game was important.
Back to top Go down
Bertrand

Bertrand

PostSubject: Re: Week 1 - Late First Impressions [Private RP - Bertrand/Chen]   Week 1 - Late First Impressions [Private RP - Bertrand/Chen] Clock10Mon Jul 15, 2019 7:48 pm

Bertrand had his clothes on still, but he still wanted to head to the hot tub area on the off chance he might strike off a conversation. After all, this is a game that requires social skills, and he was admittedly lacking at the start of the game.

He noticed Chen by himself in the hot tub. Since Chen was an older guy who seemed wise with the way he cooked for everyone just like his business at his residence, he walked over to him in the hopes of a new bonding.

"Hello there. Chen, was it? Mind if I stand here?"
Back to top Go down
Chen

Chen

PostSubject: Re: Week 1 - Late First Impressions [Private RP - Bertrand/Chen]   Week 1 - Late First Impressions [Private RP - Bertrand/Chen] Clock10Mon Jul 15, 2019 7:55 pm

"Not at all." Chen nodded. This could be a lucky chance for him. "Yeah, my name's Chen. You're... Bertrand, right? How's everything going?"
Back to top Go down
Bertrand

Bertrand

PostSubject: Re: Week 1 - Late First Impressions [Private RP - Bertrand/Chen]   Week 1 - Late First Impressions [Private RP - Bertrand/Chen] Clock10Mon Jul 15, 2019 7:58 pm

"Yes. It's Bertrand. Nice to meet you. I'd say things are going fine. I mean, I kind of worry about social interactions with others, but I am doing my best like right now to deal with that. Are you in the same boat as me?"
Back to top Go down
Chen

Chen

PostSubject: Re: Week 1 - Late First Impressions [Private RP - Bertrand/Chen]   Week 1 - Late First Impressions [Private RP - Bertrand/Chen] Clock10Mon Jul 15, 2019 8:00 pm

"Absolutely. As an older guy, it might just be even harder for me." Chen nodded. "So, what do you think of the rest of these people?"
Back to top Go down
Bertrand

Bertrand

PostSubject: Re: Week 1 - Late First Impressions [Private RP - Bertrand/Chen]   Week 1 - Late First Impressions [Private RP - Bertrand/Chen] Clock10Mon Jul 15, 2019 8:06 pm

"Interesting. As for the others, I don't have any specific complaints. I've seen the positive factors and the potential negative attributes, but I don't think anyone here will intentionally cause trouble here... thankfully. Do you, by any chance?"
Back to top Go down
Chen

Chen

PostSubject: Re: Week 1 - Late First Impressions [Private RP - Bertrand/Chen]   Week 1 - Late First Impressions [Private RP - Bertrand/Chen] Clock10Mon Jul 15, 2019 8:13 pm

"Well, that guy with the long hair seems a bit... over the top. And I just don't like Rita's personality. She seems too bratty. Fifi is nice, but just a little bit too nice. I like how her family members are fellow restaurateurs, though."
Back to top Go down
Bertrand

Bertrand

PostSubject: Re: Week 1 - Late First Impressions [Private RP - Bertrand/Chen]   Week 1 - Late First Impressions [Private RP - Bertrand/Chen] Clock10Mon Jul 15, 2019 8:18 pm

"I'd say those are fair criticisms. In fact, I sort of agree with them to some varying level."

This conversation isn't hitting on anything, Bertrand. Say something!

"So Chen. Um... er- How is your life at home?"

Oh boy.
Back to top Go down
Chen

Chen

PostSubject: Re: Week 1 - Late First Impressions [Private RP - Bertrand/Chen]   Week 1 - Late First Impressions [Private RP - Bertrand/Chen] Clock10Mon Jul 15, 2019 8:36 pm

"Oh, well, I own a restaurant. I have 3 kids, and a loving wife. Occasionally I cater for weddings. I guess it's pretty normal. A bit boring, actually. That's why I applied for this show, to be honest."
Back to top Go down
Bertrand

Bertrand

PostSubject: Re: Week 1 - Late First Impressions [Private RP - Bertrand/Chen]   Week 1 - Late First Impressions [Private RP - Bertrand/Chen] Clock10Mon Jul 15, 2019 9:12 pm

"I'd say you're a normal person in the eyes of society as well. Nothing wrong with that of course."

He mentioned he applied here because he lived a boring life. That's interesting. Because of a series like The Mad House is far from boring. Maybe Bertrand should explain why he himself is there.

"You're probably going to laugh internally at this. But I signed up for this season on impulse. I'm studying sociology and our summer vacation homework was to study various people's natures and write a full report on it. I heard of how this series was like a social experiment and watched all 7 seasons prior to this. I figured if I myself were on a season, I could study natures firsthand. So I auditioned. I regretted it after, but I figured I didn't make the cut. And then callbacks after callbacks after callbacks... I made onto the cast."

A short story with the potential to make people laugh. Not bad.
Back to top Go down
Chen

Chen

PostSubject: Re: Week 1 - Late First Impressions [Private RP - Bertrand/Chen]   Week 1 - Late First Impressions [Private RP - Bertrand/Chen] Clock10Tue Jul 16, 2019 12:58 pm

"Yeah, it was a bit funny, I guess. Good luck with that report, Bertrand. I'm gonna head out, so... see you around, I guess. Not hard if we're gonna live here together." Chen shrugs, gets up from the hot tub, and drys himself off before entering the house again.
Back to top Go down
Bertrand

Bertrand

PostSubject: Re: Week 1 - Late First Impressions [Private RP - Bertrand/Chen]   Week 1 - Late First Impressions [Private RP - Bertrand/Chen] Clock10Tue Jul 16, 2019 5:38 pm

He watched as Chen left suddenly.

Dang. That talk could have gone way better, but at the same time... it also could have gone worse? Bertrand was still kicking himself down for having such a conversation that seemed forced. He kicked at the pavement... and hurt his foot, silently trying to walk off the pain so no one would notice.

Good going, Bertrand. Things are only going to get worse from here.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Week 1 - Late First Impressions [Private RP - Bertrand/Chen]   Week 1 - Late First Impressions [Private RP - Bertrand/Chen] Clock10

Back to top Go down

Week 1 - Late First Impressions [Private RP - Bertrand/Chen]
Page 1 of 1