The Mad House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This season, contestants compete in hellish challenges for a chance at safety--and a heavenly cash prize--in Mad House 8: Heaven and Hell

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Late Night Pastries

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Harley

Harley

Late Night Pastries Empty
PostSubject: Late Night Pastries   Late Night Pastries Clock10Mon Mar 19, 2018 11:41 pm

Late at night, Harley feels her stomach kick her awake. There was no way that she was gonna ignore her gut. So, she gets up from the comfort of her bed and makes her way to the kitchen.

It looks just as beautiful in the moonlight as it does during the day. The kitchen almost felt inviting for how hungry Harley. She opens up the fridge, only to see nothing that doesn't look too appetizing for the moment. She does the same thing for the pantry, same thing. She then stands to think of what sounded good...CREPES! She knows that it is no where close to time for breakfast, but who the hell cares.

She takes out all of the ingredients needed to make crepes. To entertain herself, she whistles an old song that her mom used to sing to her when she was little.
Back to top Go down
Kiki/Lolo

Kiki/Lolo

PostSubject: Re: Late Night Pastries   Late Night Pastries Clock10Tue Mar 20, 2018 2:24 am

Jamila walks rubbing her eyes after a little nap oh it's the French girl, maybe I should talk to her since we do have something in common she smiled "hey what are you up to?" She says looking over her shoulder
Back to top Go down
Harley

Harley

PostSubject: Re: Late Night Pastries   Late Night Pastries Clock10Tue Mar 20, 2018 9:57 am

Before Harley can get too into her whistling by doing a dance, she looks up to see Jamila standing there right behind her. She kinda scared her, but nothing too bad. Thank god she didn't drop anything or spill any of the batter. There is no need to be weird, just play it cool.

Late Night Pastries Giphy

"Hey Jamila. I just got hungry and I felt like making some crepes. Do you want one?"

She also couldn't help but be a little curious about something."What are you doing up already?Did I wake you up? If I did, I didn't mean to. Sorry."
Back to top Go down
Kiki/Lolo

Kiki/Lolo

PostSubject: Re: Late Night Pastries   Late Night Pastries Clock10Tue Mar 20, 2018 1:31 pm

Jamila smiles "Sure that would be lovely." She then yawns and runs her hand through her hair "No don't worry, you didn't wake me up. I wanted to study a little bit for the classes I'm going to be missing for this show." She smiled "in order to stay valedictorian I can't go a day without my studies, it would result in utter failure." She then looks down and chuckles "and I'm bored"
Back to top Go down
Wanda

Wanda

PostSubject: Re: Late Night Pastries   Late Night Pastries Clock10Tue Mar 20, 2018 3:41 pm

Rae was a college student. An ART student, no less. So of course, she was also awake at an ungodly hour of the night. Plus, she’d noticed one of the cuter people sharing a room with her had disappeared at some point during the night, so she wandered around until she figured out where the party was at. She watched the two of them talk for a while, heard Jamila talk about her studies, and decided to make her presence known.

“Yoo-hoo~ Are we havin’ a party?”

Back to top Go down
Kiki/Lolo

Kiki/Lolo

PostSubject: Re: Late Night Pastries   Late Night Pastries Clock10Tue Mar 20, 2018 5:41 pm

Jamila turns around and sees a girl that she's never talked to. This is a good opportunity to maybe make another friend or ally "Oh hi there. I've never been to a party but this could be." She goes into the fridge and grabs a Lacroix and starts sipping
Back to top Go down
Harley

Harley

PostSubject: Re: Late Night Pastries   Late Night Pastries Clock10Tue Mar 20, 2018 6:06 pm

Harley is secretly thanking God that she didn't wake anyone up accidentally. The last thing she needs today is to look like a total bitch, even more than she already did earlier. At least she can have the chance to make it up to make it up to the pretty girl in that room.

"What kind of crepe do you like? I mean, I don't mean to toot my own horn, but I think I can make a pretty mean strawberry crepe if you like that. But, that's just a suggestion."

She is actually really impressed at how Jamila is the valedictorian for her school. At least the stereotype that smarts girls can't be pretty is proven to be a complete lie with this one.

"OH DAMN! How long do you have to study if you are still up at this hour? But, it will at least be worth it when you get one hell of a good diploma." She says as she flashes her a smile.

The smile on her face remains as she sees Rae come in to the kitchen. When did she get so lucky by being around cute girls? at least she won't be alone to eat at this late hour of the night. So either way, Harley is a happy camper.

"Totally! Come on in! What are you doing up in the middle of the night?"
Back to top Go down
Wanda

Wanda

PostSubject: Re: Late Night Pastries   Late Night Pastries Clock10Tue Mar 20, 2018 6:15 pm

She slides into a stool by the counter and leans in towards Harley, cradling her head in her hands. "Oh, y'know. Same as Jamila. College. Except I'm not working, just the trauma of late night art projects keeps me up at night."

"What do you study anyway, J? If you don't mind me asking,"
Back to top Go down
Harley

Harley

PostSubject: Re: Late Night Pastries   Late Night Pastries Clock10Tue Mar 20, 2018 7:33 pm

Harley is instantly interested in what Rae had to say as soon as she mentioned being an art student. She may not be the best artist, but she feels like she can relate to her on a more relaxing level. Not to mention, she always had an interest in the art world. Just looking at it and chilling with artists. Not ACTUALLY doing it. She isn't that crazy.

"Ooohhh what kind of style do you go for? Any specific sort of media you like to work with?"

In a split moment, she feels a little rude for not asking Rae if she wants a crepe.

"Oh sorry! I almost forgot to ask! Do you want a crepe? I have plenty of batter."

Back to top Go down
Wanda

Wanda

PostSubject: Re: Late Night Pastries   Late Night Pastries Clock10Tue Mar 20, 2018 11:39 pm

"Oh if you're gonna have extra, I'll totally take one!" And then she winked. Her posture was easy, her pose confident and just a bit flirtatious (as if she hadn't already established herself as a flirt). "I've never had a French girl make crepes for me. je suis tout excité~"
Back to top Go down
Harley

Harley

PostSubject: Re: Late Night Pastries   Late Night Pastries Clock10Wed Mar 21, 2018 12:24 am

Harley giggles to herself as she turns towns the stove to flip the crepe for herself. She doesn't exactly know if she is one hundred percent certain about what exactly the wink was for...but Harley sure as hell liked it. As she cuts up a few strawberries, she turns around to wink back at her. "What kind would you like?"

"I am actually really impressed with the amount of French you happen to know. Where did you learn it? Is it offered to schools here? Or did you learn another way?"

Back to top Go down
Wanda

Wanda

PostSubject: Re: Late Night Pastries   Late Night Pastries Clock10Wed Mar 21, 2018 12:46 am

"Oh, I'm not GOOD at French--I can barely speak English. But, I made an effort to learn a little bit of a lot of different languages in primary school. I was part of the welcoming committee, a cheerleader, president of a lot of different clubs... it helps to be inclusive, especially since we had so many exchange students!"

This was starting to feel like a job interview. Yawn. "French and German are my personal favorites, though. Like..." Rae bit her lip, picking her brain for a funny phrase. She could only vaguely remember something and it was probably a VERY bad translation, so she giggled as she said it. "Du hast... Schöne Beine? Maybe? It sounds so harsh but I swear it's a compliment."
Back to top Go down
Kiki/Lolo

Kiki/Lolo

PostSubject: Re: Late Night Pastries   Late Night Pastries Clock10Wed Mar 21, 2018 1:39 am

Jamila smiles "Yes, strawberry is just fine. Thank you! You mean to tell me that you didnt bring your textbooks here? Or know the proper length of studying? I can help you since i constantly study. I have a reputation at my school that I have to keep. Part of being a neuroscience major. " she then listens in on the flirtatious back and forth then laughs "Je ne connais que Français et en arabe"
Back to top Go down
Harley

Harley

PostSubject: Re: Late Night Pastries   Late Night Pastries Clock10Wed Mar 21, 2018 10:33 am

Harley chuckles to herself as she realizes that she does sound like wants to hire Rae for some weird job. She tries to flip the next crepe up in the air like she has seen on T.V. In order to not drop it, she had to bring the pan behind her to avoid ruining a perfectly good crepe.

In her mind, she is thinking that she is...
Eh, whatever. She didnt hurt anyone. So that is a plus.

"Hehe, you got it. But I would still love to see your art, Rae. Did you bring any finished pieces with you?" She says as she laughs nervously. But she couldn't help but be really impressed and kinda flattered by how much Jamila knew about the French language. Might as well show it."Eh bien, je serai damné. C'est fou impressionnant."

Back to top Go down
Wanda

Wanda

PostSubject: Re: Late Night Pastries   Late Night Pastries Clock10Wed Mar 21, 2018 6:40 pm

Rae shrugs at Jamila’s long (and somewhat condescending) line of questioning, but her smile remains, and her body language is still open, confident, and bubbly. “Well, most of my classes are about producing not studying at this point. I might miss a little bit, but I’ve got a really good study group that’ll help me get back up to speed.”

“I tooooooootally get what you mean by having to keep up with appearances though.” She flops onto the counter with a dramatic sigh, hair flying EVERYWHERE and covering her face, arms, shoulders… basically whole body as she does so. She’s like a trendy Cousin It. “It’s so exhausting to be popular!” Rae raises an arm to part the curtain that is her mostly-real hair and peers out at the gals. “How do you two balance schoolwork, friends, dating, family, work… I drink coffee. Lots. And lots. Of coffee.”

Back to top Go down
Harley

Harley

PostSubject: Re: Late Night Pastries   Late Night Pastries Clock10Thu Mar 22, 2018 12:14 am

Quickly, the smile on Harley's face is wiped away as soon as Rae asked her question. There is no way that she could answer it without making things depressing. There is no way she is going to be the one to being the mood down.

In order to not make things awkward, she puts a smile on her face.She takes the crepe out of the pan and puts it together to give to Jamila. She goes back to the stove to make one for Rae.

"It's kinda easy for me. I am not dating anyone as for the moment. I am pretty close to my family and friends just kinda come and go. It's just something I got used to. I have only taken a few courses, but I try to get by on whatever I can find for work." She calmly lies between her teeth. Anything just to not make it weird. She changes her serious tone to that of a more playful nature.
"Speaking of dating, ya guys have someone waiting for you at home?"
Back to top Go down
Wanda

Wanda

PostSubject: Re: Late Night Pastries   Late Night Pastries Clock10Thu Mar 22, 2018 1:01 am

Rae’s pained groan says it all, and she flops back onto the counter. “College kids are soooooooo immature. Especially in art school. Like, I get it dude. You make your own paper and customize kitchen chairs for all your roommates. You’re quirky, by you’re also a pretentious douche!”
Back to top Go down
Kiki/Lolo

Kiki/Lolo

PostSubject: Re: Late Night Pastries   Late Night Pastries Clock10Thu Mar 22, 2018 4:26 am

Jamila shrugs "In Morocco they have us learn French and our government sometimes speaks it actually." Jamila let's out a sigh of relief "Yeah it gets very exhausting but I strive on my knowledge, it would be a waste for me not to keep it up. That makes sense with you since you are an art major, I hope you're able to find a job." She smiled hoping that didn't come off as rude as it sounds.

She then smiles amd grabs the crepe and starts to think "well if I'm being honest here, that's part of the reason why I came on this show, I don't have much of a social or dating life with all my extra curriculars, classes and studying. Family life is hard though, I don't see them often since I go to an university out of state but I try to make time. And if I get too stressed I like burning some incense while indulging in a book for pleasure."
Back to top Go down
Wanda

Wanda

PostSubject: Re: Late Night Pastries   Late Night Pastries Clock10Thu Mar 22, 2018 8:54 pm

"I mean, that's pretty impressive that you can keep THAT cool under all the stress that comes with studying neuroscience. Like..." Honestly Rae wasn't sure what neuroscience entailed. Was that brain surgery? It was studying the brain, right? Either way, not having a social life sounded pretty insane. "Like, you go girl. And might as well make the most of your time while you're here, right? Make lots of new friends, just take a vacation from all your studying."
Back to top Go down
Kiki/Lolo

Kiki/Lolo

PostSubject: Re: Late Night Pastries   Late Night Pastries Clock10Fri Mar 23, 2018 12:55 am

Jamila looks down and folds her arm "Well I wouldn't say that I keep that calm and collected, I do sometimes have my stressful moments since it is a lot of pressure." she then grins a little bit "Yeah I am going to do exactly that. Luckily some of the people here seem quite intriguing."
and some are out there and weird but I wouldn't express that outloud
Back to top Go down
Harley

Harley

PostSubject: Re: Late Night Pastries   Late Night Pastries Clock10Sun Mar 25, 2018 12:03 am

The more the two of them talks about their course of studies, the more it bums Harley out on a personal level. It's not that she is jealous of them for pursuing their passions in life...okay maybe a little bit. She snaps out of it as she realizes that she almost burned her next crepe.
Hmm, maybe Gordon Ramsey is right about her cooking like an ass...eh, that guy still makes good t.v. She finishes the second one and hands it to the curvy cutie that is Rae.

"I mean either way, it sounds like a hell of a lot to carry on your shoulders, Jamila. But, I think Rae is right, Maybe you could consider giving yourself a mental break. From what you told us, I think you deserve a bit of a breather."She says as she goes back to the oven one last time to make a crepe for herself. At least she can contribute to the conversation about the people in the house.

"Yeah, I can totally agree with that for most of the people here."

Back to top Go down
Kiki/Lolo

Kiki/Lolo

PostSubject: Re: Late Night Pastries   Late Night Pastries Clock10Mon Mar 26, 2018 1:49 am

"I mean I guess but I'm afraid that then my grade would go down. And I got to worry about grad school. But perhaps you're both right." She then pauses "Yeah some people rub me the wrong way here"
Back to top Go down
Harley

Harley

PostSubject: Re: Late Night Pastries   Late Night Pastries Clock10Mon Mar 26, 2018 11:09 am

As Harley FINALLY finished the last crepe, she turned off the heat and walked over to the counter there the other girls are. She gives Jamila a reassuring look.

"Well, I just think you need to find a good balance between your time for your studies and time for leisure. I know you're a smart girl, so I think you can do it more easily than I could."

She takes a bite of her crepe as Jamila mentions that some of the people don't sit well with her. She swallows before speaking. Harley may like to eat, but she isn't rude about it.
"If you don't mind me asking, who are some of those people? If you don't want to share, that's totally cool. If you do, I swear that it will stay between the three of us. Right Rae?" She motions towards Rae.
Back to top Go down
Kiki/Lolo

Kiki/Lolo

PostSubject: Re: Late Night Pastries   Late Night Pastries Clock10Wed Mar 28, 2018 2:51 am

Jamila nods "Yeah you're right." She then sits there wondering...could she trust this girl? it would be easier to make a list of who I like lol jk She definitely won't say Natalie cause that would be bad for her team "Well the many people who don't talk and C.C. I think his name. He's very annoying and irks me"
Back to top Go down
Wanda

Wanda

PostSubject: Re: Late Night Pastries   Late Night Pastries Clock10Wed Mar 28, 2018 3:30 am

"Really, you don't like C.C.? I mean he's... self important, snobbish, antisocial, like all that. But, he's so snobby that he's kinda fun to talk to. Totally agree on the quiet ones though--they're zero fun!" Not that Rae had been in any meaningful conversations with the guy. She'd just seen him around here and there. She shrugged and took a quick bite of her crepe.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Late Night Pastries   Late Night Pastries Clock10

Back to top Go down

Late Night Pastries
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next