The Mad House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This season, contestants compete in hellish challenges for a chance at safety--and a heavenly cash prize--in Mad House 8: Heaven and Hell

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Week 1 - Welcome To Hell

Go down 
+13
Nate
Kiki/Lolo
Fifi
Rita
Bertrand
Lacey
Narinder
J.C.
Nigel
Devika
Birdy
Chen
Val
17 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Val
Admin
Val

Week 1 - Welcome To Hell Empty
PostSubject: Week 1 - Welcome To Hell   Week 1 - Welcome To Hell Clock10Sun Jul 14, 2019 5:20 pm

The HouseGuests have all made their way from the stage, into the living room. As the contestants chatter among themselves, Val appears on the television screen with an evil grin. "Hello, HouseGuests... and welcome Season 8 of The Mad House!" She smiles as they clap and cheer.

"It's very exciting to have you all here. We all know that the Mad House tests everything: your physical strength, your mental strength and your relationships. And this season, we're upping the ante. Your morals and humanity will be tested like never before. Some of you will stick to the path of the straight and narrow. And some of you will give in your deepest and darkest desires... but for now get to know one another, take a tour of the house and pop some champagne. Seriously, you'll need it." She chuckles. "See you soon, HouseGuests." The screen fades to black and she leaves them to themselves.

Week 1 - Welcome To Hell Tenor
Back to top Go down
https://the-mad-house.forumotion.com
Chen

Chen

PostSubject: Re: Week 1 - Welcome To Hell   Week 1 - Welcome To Hell Clock10Sun Jul 14, 2019 5:24 pm

Chen was sitting in the leftmost seat of the couch, watching Val on the screen. After she disappeared, he muttered something like, "That wasn't cryptic at all."

About 2 seconds after that, he stood up, clapped, and faced the 15 strangers. "So, who wants to introduce themselves first?"
Back to top Go down
Birdy

Birdy

PostSubject: Re: Week 1 - Welcome To Hell   Week 1 - Welcome To Hell Clock10Sun Jul 14, 2019 5:36 pm

Birdy glances around after a moment of silence and decides it’s her turn to speak. She closes her eyes and smileys warmly with one hand on her chest, “My name is Birdy, and it’s a pleasure to meet you all!” She clasps her hands and looks around to see who will be the next to introduce themself.
Back to top Go down
Devika

Devika

PostSubject: Re: Week 1 - Welcome To Hell   Week 1 - Welcome To Hell Clock10Sun Jul 14, 2019 5:39 pm

This was a terrible idea.

After people decide to change their lives for the better, they decide to go on a grand adventure. Maybe ride the Staten Island ferry, maybe find themselves at the Temple of Heaven, or if you’re feeling crazy, go zip lining on Mt. Ulriken.

Applying for a reality television competition was more than a little out of the box. And she was petrified.

Devika Khatri was the antithesis of trying out new things, let alone live with other strangers after years of being by herself. Yet, here she was, on national television about to compete for a million dollars.

Devika had already made her presence known, shrinking up in the crowd and shaking like a leaf. The deafening silence that came after the older man’s question only made her shake even more. Only the older people seemed comfortable talking about themselves. Introducing herself was not one of her best social tactics, however... she did say yes to this. All of this. The least she can do is say hello.

”H... Hello? Hi, um...” Devika stood up, and if it wasn’t clear she was nervous before, it was apparent know, “My name is, um... sorry. Devika Khatri. I’m thirty three. Customer Support Agent. It’s... lovely to meet you all.” She quickly sat down.

She sounded like she was about to cry.

This was a terrible idea.
Back to top Go down
Nigel

Nigel

PostSubject: Re: Week 1 - Welcome To Hell   Week 1 - Welcome To Hell Clock10Sun Jul 14, 2019 5:41 pm

"Oh!" Nigel blurts out in joy immediately after Devika speaks, looking at her smilingly. "Your aura is a beautiful shade of blue; you're such a calm presence, I can just feel how soothing you be! How blessed!"

He kind of realizes he didn't introduce himself yet. "Oh, sorry. My name is Nigel Ekluden, I am from Czech Republic! Nice to meet you all, fellow!"
Back to top Go down
J.C.

J.C.

PostSubject: Re: Week 1 - Welcome To Hell   Week 1 - Welcome To Hell Clock10Sun Jul 14, 2019 5:43 pm

J.C. decided to look around the room before he stood up. He’s used to being in large crowds and being filmed for millions. There was absolutely no pressure in this for him. He was totally in the game and he got this easy. While he didn’t know anyone here, J.C. knew he had to make a good first impression. Like he always does.

“Alright. Guess it’s my turn or whatever. Yo. My name is J.C. Wilkins. Probably seen me playing on Sunday nights on the TV. With the New York football team. It’s pretty cool to be here.” He sits back down to see everyone else’s response.

Last edited by J.C. on Sun Jul 14, 2019 5:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Narinder

Narinder

PostSubject: Re: Week 1 - Welcome To Hell   Week 1 - Welcome To Hell Clock10Sun Jul 14, 2019 5:49 pm

Narinder Mundra had never been a particularly forthright person, and in her current state, still stupefied from the sharp turn her life had just recently taken, she didn't suspect she was going to start now. But the dad type had started a cavalcade of introductions, and while the rules of this "Mad House" were still a little beyond her exact comprehension, she had the wherewithal to know that clamming up and going to sleep right here on this (exceptionally comfy) couch was a massive faux pas.

She groaned and stretched. "I'm Narinder. Mundra. My friends call me Naz. I'm..." There was a long pause as her eyelids drooped before she shook herself back to something resembling alertness. "I go to nursing school in St. Paul, and I'm uhhhhhhhhh..." She laughs to herself. Better to be honest. "I'm not entirely sure what I'm doing here, my dudes."
Back to top Go down
Devika

Devika

PostSubject: Re: Week 1 - Welcome To Hell   Week 1 - Welcome To Hell Clock10Sun Jul 14, 2019 5:50 pm

Devika was nearly baffled by Nigel’s words. Calm? Soothing? It was practically unlike her. That said, it was... nice(?) to have someone see good in her. Or at least, the good she can do. She opens her mouth to speak, but shoots a small smile towards him, almost saying “thank you” for his compliment. She’d rather not interrupt anyone else.
Back to top Go down
Chen

Chen

PostSubject: Re: Week 1 - Welcome To Hell   Week 1 - Welcome To Hell Clock10Sun Jul 14, 2019 5:53 pm

After some of the others introduced themselves, Chen remembered he never introduced himself.

"Oh! I forgot to introduce myself. I'm Chen Wang. I am 49, and I own a Chinese restaurant. I can't wait to evict all of you." After seeing their reactions, he followed that up with "Just kidding. Treat me like a dad, just come to me for any problem."
Back to top Go down
Lacey

Lacey

PostSubject: Re: Week 1 - Welcome To Hell   Week 1 - Welcome To Hell Clock10Sun Jul 14, 2019 5:54 pm

"Yo!" Lacey practically jumps out of her seat. "Name's Lacey, but you can call me Lace, L bomb, Ludo, reigning supreme...dad...whatever really, as long as I know when you're talking to me!" She giggles. "Y'all look rad as hell! This is gonna be a sick season!"
Back to top Go down
Nigel

Nigel

PostSubject: Re: Week 1 - Welcome To Hell   Week 1 - Welcome To Hell Clock10Sun Jul 14, 2019 5:54 pm

He keeps on smiling at the shy Devika for some time, but let it go from looking at her at the bare thought of being annoying. He instead focused on the others now, trying his best to make a good first impression with his super positive honesty.

"Oh, it's so full of charismatic faces around here. Athletes are breathtakingly inspirational for how much they work out to achieve they goals, and nurses? Won't even need to say a thing, true saviors!"

EDIT!

He hears Chen's speech and is instantly taken back. "Can we... call you dad?"
Back to top Go down
Narinder

Narinder

PostSubject: Re: Week 1 - Welcome To Hell   Week 1 - Welcome To Hell Clock10Sun Jul 14, 2019 5:59 pm

Narinder laughs off Nigel's remark, a bit bashfully. "Aw, I dunno about all that, bro. Most days it's less savior and more glorified cleaning lady, now with 20% more body fluids."
Back to top Go down
Bertrand

Bertrand

PostSubject: Re: Week 1 - Welcome To Hell   Week 1 - Welcome To Hell Clock10Sun Jul 14, 2019 5:59 pm

Bertrand didn't want to go right away. Something about introducing himself first kind of interfered with his nerves. Better to wait for other people to screw up their speech patterns before yours, anyway.

He had carefully listened to the introductions and took note of them. He thinks he's assessed a few people so far. Chen as the joking fatherly type, Birdy as the motherly type, Devika as the very neurotic type, Nigel as the nice enough but still remarkable in his own way type, JC as the chill alpha male type, Narinder as the... odd type, and Lacey as the bold and confident type. He'd decided now is the right time to go as he stood up.

"Hello, everyone. My name is Bertrand, I'm 21 years old, and I am currently a college student looking to be a therapist. It's a pleasure to meet you all."

Now let's see if he'll regret those words soon.
Back to top Go down
J.C.

J.C.

PostSubject: Re: Week 1 - Welcome To Hell   Week 1 - Welcome To Hell Clock10Sun Jul 14, 2019 6:00 pm

He noticed Nigel and heard his words. Breathtakingly inspirational? That’s a different way of looking at my job than I’m used to. Still, he’ll take the compliment.

“Thanks Nigel. Appreciate it.” He looks over at Devika. “You’re Devika. Right?”
Back to top Go down
Birdy

Birdy

PostSubject: Re: Week 1 - Welcome To Hell   Week 1 - Welcome To Hell Clock10Sun Jul 14, 2019 6:00 pm

Birdy smiles towards Lacey, “Well thank you L-Bomb, that was very sweet of you to say! Ohohoho! You all seem so wonderful so far!” Birdy laughs her jolly lady laugh, happy to be here.
Then she glances at Devika on the couch next to her, “No need to be so shy dear, we aren’t going to hurt you, eh?” She gently puts her hand on Devika’s for reassurance. “And if you need a friend, I’ll be here!”

Last edited by Birdy on Sun Jul 14, 2019 6:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Nigel

Nigel

PostSubject: Re: Week 1 - Welcome To Hell   Week 1 - Welcome To Hell Clock10Sun Jul 14, 2019 6:03 pm

"You're cleaning for a bigger cause, think of yourself as the little pillar capable of holding up something much bigger!" He seems to not notice Naz's sarcasm at all, and won't think much of it now that he paying attention to Bertrand. "Nice to meet you too! You look young for someone my age!"
Back to top Go down
Chen

Chen

PostSubject: Re: Week 1 - Welcome To Hell   Week 1 - Welcome To Hell Clock10Sun Jul 14, 2019 6:07 pm

Chen turned to Nigel, and laughed a bit at his question.

"Sorry, but just call me Chen. Only my kids call me Dad. On a good day, at least." He shrugged.
Back to top Go down
Nigel

Nigel

PostSubject: Re: Week 1 - Welcome To Hell   Week 1 - Welcome To Hell Clock10Sun Jul 14, 2019 6:08 pm

"D'ow..."
Back to top Go down
Devika

Devika

PostSubject: Re: Week 1 - Welcome To Hell   Week 1 - Welcome To Hell Clock10Sun Jul 14, 2019 6:09 pm

His comments wakes her up from her daze, nearly fumbling with her hands as soon as they make half-second eye contact.

”Ah, yes, I am,” she mumbles, before speaking up a bit louder, slowly... piecing together her memories, “I’m Devika. You’re Jerome Christopher.”

She immediately catches herself. He never introduced himself that way. She blushes out of embarrassment tucking her hair behind her ear, “I’m sorry. My father, Vihaan... he, uh... he watches you. Play. Football. He says, you’re... good? Not with question, I mean...”

Before she realizes it, she’s off rambling about what her father as said about him, contradicting herself and apologizing repeatedly.

EDIT!

She jolts for a slight moment from Birdy touching her shoulder, but her warm, soothing voice calms her. She nods gratefully, appreciating that there seems to be nicer people here.

Last edited by Devika on Sun Jul 14, 2019 6:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Bertrand

Bertrand

PostSubject: Re: Week 1 - Welcome To Hell   Week 1 - Welcome To Hell Clock10Sun Jul 14, 2019 6:11 pm

Nigel seemed interested in a conversation with Bertrand. It... doesn't hurt to have a conversation with someone before the game starts so you can potentially get in their good graces if they're in power, does it?

"Oh, we're the same age? Neat."

Good going Bertrand, because this will definitely strike off a good talk.
Back to top Go down
J.C.

J.C.

PostSubject: Re: Week 1 - Welcome To Hell   Week 1 - Welcome To Hell Clock10Sun Jul 14, 2019 6:12 pm

J.C. heard his name and was a little confused. It’s been a while since he’d been called Jerome. Still, he could notice her nervousness and felt to give her a break.

“Yeah. I’m Jerome.” he smiles “Hey. No need to apologize. Glad to know your dad’s a fan.”
Back to top Go down
Narinder

Narinder

PostSubject: Re: Week 1 - Welcome To Hell   Week 1 - Welcome To Hell Clock10Sun Jul 14, 2019 6:15 pm

"Hold up." Narinder turns to look at JC. "You play football, as in play football play football?"
Holy shit. Her first celebrity.
Back to top Go down
J.C.

J.C.

PostSubject: Re: Week 1 - Welcome To Hell   Week 1 - Welcome To Hell Clock10Sun Jul 14, 2019 6:16 pm

“Yeah. I do. I’m a quarterback. You a fan?”
Back to top Go down
Devika

Devika

PostSubject: Re: Week 1 - Welcome To Hell   Week 1 - Welcome To Hell Clock10Sun Jul 14, 2019 6:17 pm

Jerome giving Devika a break was the helping hand she needed. She smiled at him, taking a deep breath and recollecting herself.

”He is,” Devika nods, before shifting her eyes, “I’m sorry. I thought I would get this all out before I was here, but...” she lets out a small, nervous laugh, “I’m still nervous.”

Understatement of the century.
Back to top Go down
Narinder

Narinder

PostSubject: Re: Week 1 - Welcome To Hell   Week 1 - Welcome To Hell Clock10Sun Jul 14, 2019 6:17 pm

"Little brother is. I absorbed sports facts through osmosis. Does that make me a fan? You decide."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Week 1 - Welcome To Hell   Week 1 - Welcome To Hell Clock10

Back to top Go down

Week 1 - Welcome To Hell
Page 1 of 5Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next