The Mad House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This season, contestants compete in hellish challenges for a chance at safety--and a heavenly cash prize--in Mad House 8: Heaven and Hell

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Week 1 - Welcome To Hell

Go down 
+13
Nate
Kiki/Lolo
Fifi
Rita
Bertrand
Lacey
Narinder
J.C.
Nigel
Devika
Birdy
Chen
Val
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
AuthorMessage
J.C.

J.C.

Week 1 - Welcome To Hell - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Week 1 - Welcome To Hell   Week 1 - Welcome To Hell - Page 5 Clock10Sun Jul 14, 2019 8:49 pm

Noticed all of that. " ... Is she alright?"
Back to top Go down
Devika

Devika

PostSubject: Re: Week 1 - Welcome To Hell   Week 1 - Welcome To Hell - Page 5 Clock10Sun Jul 14, 2019 8:53 pm

Devika is a lot of things, but she isn’t naïve. She felt Rita go from warm to cold in a moment. Almost angry. Did she do something? Was she angry at her or Birdy? Seeing her offer to check out rooms to leaving her behind handn’t gone unnoticed, and it made her seem only more unsure of how this game could pan out. Grabbing her wrist again, Devika slowly breathed, in and out, in the hopes of maybe not making any immediate enemies.
Back to top Go down
J.C.

J.C.

PostSubject: Re: Week 1 - Welcome To Hell   Week 1 - Welcome To Hell - Page 5 Clock10Sun Jul 14, 2019 8:55 pm

" ... Are you okay, Devika?"
Back to top Go down
CowgirlJamie

CowgirlJamie

PostSubject: Re: Week 1 - Welcome To Hell   Week 1 - Welcome To Hell - Page 5 Clock10Sun Jul 14, 2019 8:56 pm

Jamie had been keeping to herself the whole time this introduction bit was going on, her cowgirl hat pulled low over her face as she meditated. she was trying to calm her own nerves, yes even the best got nervous when the lights were on, and composing the final bits of her character in her head. Running over her backstory again and again to make sure it was water tight. To anyone who might look at her close enough, they'd see a very subtle smirk cross her lips, her leg bouncing in anticipation as the introductions began to calm down a bit. Now was the time for the star to make her grand entrance. Of course they didn't know she was the star yet, Jamie acknowledged, but they'd have to know when it was all said and done. Her nerves quelled and her body ready, Jamie jumped out of her chair in the corner with a rather loud holler.

"YEEEE-HAAWWW!" She said, laughing a little as she shook her head around. "Now ain't this a right rowdy hootenanny?! How y'all city folk doin tonight, my name's Jamie Hannigan, representin' the fine town of Bee, Nebraska!" She said, her southern accent just a touch over the top but that was what she was going for anyway. There weren't many left in the introductory room by the time Jamie decided the time was right to mae herself known, but her voice projected loud enough for potentially everyone in the house to hear her all at once.

Last edited by CowgirlJamie on Sun Jul 14, 2019 8:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
J.C.

J.C.

PostSubject: Re: Week 1 - Welcome To Hell   Week 1 - Welcome To Hell - Page 5 Clock10Sun Jul 14, 2019 8:58 pm

J.C. overhears Jaime and her eccentric introduction. "Hey Jaime. I'm J.C. Nice to meet you."
Back to top Go down
Nate

Nate

PostSubject: Re: Week 1 - Welcome To Hell   Week 1 - Welcome To Hell - Page 5 Clock10Sun Jul 14, 2019 8:59 pm

Nate opened his mouth, then closed it, then opened it again, and then did the same. Eventually, he decided to speak up. "Well, I reckon that didn't help the girl with her anxiety," Nate deadpanned, managing to surreptitiously swipe his hat back from Mark as he did. He adjusted it so it sat snugly on his head before speaking again. "City folk? That's pretty big talk," He crossed his arms as he tilted his head in Jamie's direction. Something seemed weird here, but he wasn't sure quite what yet. Maybe if she opened her mouth again, he'd be able to tell.
Back to top Go down
Devika

Devika

PostSubject: Re: Week 1 - Welcome To Hell   Week 1 - Welcome To Hell - Page 5 Clock10Sun Jul 14, 2019 9:01 pm

Devika was immediately caught off by Jamie’s presence. Her voice could have shaken the entire house. Nate was right. It made her feel a bit nervous already. That said, considering how she was already concerned about the potential of having offended anybody else in the house thus far like Rita, Devika served a small, polite smile. Jamie seemed sweet, and despite her nerves, she didn’t want to judge Jamie for being excited to be here.

”Hello, Jamie. It’s a pleasure to meet you.”

She didn’t even mutter or avoid eye contact the entire time. Win.
Back to top Go down
J.C.

J.C.

PostSubject: Re: Week 1 - Welcome To Hell   Week 1 - Welcome To Hell - Page 5 Clock10Sun Jul 14, 2019 9:06 pm

“So, What should we do now while we wait?”
Back to top Go down
CowgirlJamie

CowgirlJamie

PostSubject: Re: Week 1 - Welcome To Hell   Week 1 - Welcome To Hell - Page 5 Clock10Sun Jul 14, 2019 9:07 pm

Hm, tough crowd. Ah well, there'd be plenty of chance to recover if she had offended, though Jamie did tone her volume down a few notches. It was hard for her to remember when she WAS being loud half the time. She had cut her teeth on the theater stage, after all, you were taught to be loud or not be heard.

"Well shoot, just about every folk's a city slicker compared to me. Bee's only got a lil over a hundred people in it, most of 'em farmers like me! Don't get much smaller than that do it?" She asked, her voice still light and enthusiastic as she spoke to the man with the very long hair (she wanted to say his name was Neil but she hadn't been paying super great attention up to now).

When Devika spoke to her, Jamie would put her hand out for her to shake. When and if Devika did take it, she'd find her hand being shaken with...Quite a bit of strength to it. Though her hand would feel oddly soft for someone who apparently did farm work. "Aw it's a right pleasure to meet ya Devika! My voice didn't spook ya none did it? Daddy says I ran the rooster that used to come by and wake us up in the mornin' out of a job cause of it!"
Back to top Go down
Haleigh

Haleigh

PostSubject: Re: Week 1 - Welcome To Hell   Week 1 - Welcome To Hell - Page 5 Clock10Sun Jul 14, 2019 9:12 pm

"Hey Guys! It's so nice to meet you all! I hope we all have a lot of fun this summer and make this the best one ever in our memory book!" Haleigh spits the words out of her mouth with the lisp from her braces.

"My name is Haleigh Savannah Abershier." She spits more aggressively on the S, H & C's on her name

"I live in Glendale AZ and it's so nice to meet all of you!" She smiles! "I love playing dress up with sparkly dresses,-"

Week 1 - Welcome To Hell - Page 5 DefiniteCelebratedFlatcoatretriever-max-1mb

"braiding hair and drawing!" She looks at all the contestants with her big crossed eyes. "I cannot wait to celebrate this very SPECIAL day with such SPECIAL people!!!" she jumps with glee!

(OFC: I'm gonna be gone till Friday so please be aware this might be the only post I can make! I'll try to catch up once I get home!! Happy RPing everyone!")[/size]
Back to top Go down
Narinder

Narinder

PostSubject: Re: Week 1 - Welcome To Hell   Week 1 - Welcome To Hell - Page 5 Clock10Sun Jul 14, 2019 9:16 pm

Narinder exits the Diary Room and shuffles blearily back into the living room, vaguely waving at Haleigh collapsing on top of the nearest couch. She's motionless for a few seconds before looking up again.

"Who was doing all the screaming and junk, dudes?"
Back to top Go down
Devika

Devika

PostSubject: Re: Week 1 - Welcome To Hell   Week 1 - Welcome To Hell - Page 5 Clock10Sun Jul 14, 2019 9:20 pm

”No, no. I’m just a bit nervous is all, so I can be a bit easily startled time to time. It’s nice to hear a little about your life. Sorry, if I made you feel worried, I’m trying to get better at that,” she shook her hand, “It’s a pleasure to meet you.”

She realizes how repetitive she’s been, as she just said, “pleasure to meet you” twice.

Turning to Narinder, she shoots a little bashful smile, “This is Jamie.”
Back to top Go down
CowgirlJamie

CowgirlJamie

PostSubject: Re: Week 1 - Welcome To Hell   Week 1 - Welcome To Hell - Page 5 Clock10Sun Jul 14, 2019 9:22 pm

"Well just take yer time," she said to Devika kindly, letting go of her hand and tipping her hat at her "if it's worth anythin', I couldn't tell you were nervous one bit."

"Ah that was just lil ol' me. Jamie Hannigan, pleasure to meetcha!" Jamie said, extending a hand for Narinder to shake from the couch. If she took her up on it, she'd get the stuffing shaken out of her just about. "Hey where'd you come from anyhow? If it's the bedrooms, would ya kindly point me in their direction? Thinkin I need to claim me a stable before they're all gone."
Back to top Go down
J.C.

J.C.

PostSubject: Re: Week 1 - Welcome To Hell   Week 1 - Welcome To Hell - Page 5 Clock10Sun Jul 14, 2019 9:25 pm

J.C. looks over at Jaime. "Well, you seem to have a lot of spirit."
Back to top Go down
Devika

Devika

PostSubject: Re: Week 1 - Welcome To Hell   Week 1 - Welcome To Hell - Page 5 Clock10Sun Jul 14, 2019 9:31 pm

Devika shoots a small smile, entangling her hands together, “Thank you.”

Fake it until you make it. Could she do that?
Back to top Go down
Narinder

Narinder

PostSubject: Re: Week 1 - Welcome To Hell   Week 1 - Welcome To Hell - Page 5 Clock10Sun Jul 14, 2019 9:34 pm

Narinder lifts her hand to shake Jamie's from her throw-pillow-like position and gets heartily shaken. Smoothing her already unruly hair back into place, Narinder wipes her brow.

"I'm Narinder. Or Naz, both are fine. Nice to meet you too, bruh. Rooms are upstairs if you wanna grab one. There's one with like, six billion dudes in it right now if that's your speed, or you could chill with the girls and also Chen."
Back to top Go down
J.C.

J.C.

PostSubject: Re: Week 1 - Welcome To Hell   Week 1 - Welcome To Hell - Page 5 Clock10Sun Jul 14, 2019 9:36 pm

J.C. notices Devika's smile. "You have a nice smile."
Back to top Go down
CowgirlJamie

CowgirlJamie

PostSubject: Re: Week 1 - Welcome To Hell   Week 1 - Welcome To Hell - Page 5 Clock10Sun Jul 14, 2019 9:39 pm

"Thank ya kindly! I'll just mosey on up there, talk to y'all later!" She said, picking up her backpack and striding up the stairs to the bedrooms. If she was lucky, maybe she could get in bed with someone she could talk strategy with."
Back to top Go down
Devika

Devika

PostSubject: Re: Week 1 - Welcome To Hell   Week 1 - Welcome To Hell - Page 5 Clock10Sun Jul 14, 2019 9:42 pm

Hearing Jerome’s words, Devika had nearly coughed and went beet reed out of surprise. Devika hadn’t even felt like she needed to be complimented, but people saying something nice about her, like her smile, could still catch her off guard.

“O-Oh,” she mumbled, returning to her mousy state, “Thank you, Jerome.”
Back to top Go down
J.C.

J.C.

PostSubject: Re: Week 1 - Welcome To Hell   Week 1 - Welcome To Hell - Page 5 Clock10Sun Jul 14, 2019 9:44 pm

"You're welcome. We should be getting an announcement or something soon."

Last edited by J.C. on Sun Jul 14, 2019 9:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Narinder

Narinder

PostSubject: Re: Week 1 - Welcome To Hell   Week 1 - Welcome To Hell - Page 5 Clock10Sun Jul 14, 2019 9:46 pm

"We should?" Naz inquires. "'s that how this show usually works and junk?"
Back to top Go down
J.C.

J.C.

PostSubject: Re: Week 1 - Welcome To Hell   Week 1 - Welcome To Hell - Page 5 Clock10Sun Jul 14, 2019 9:47 pm

"Usually. At least, from what I've seen in previous seasons."
Back to top Go down
Nate

Nate

PostSubject: Re: Week 1 - Welcome To Hell   Week 1 - Welcome To Hell - Page 5 Clock10Sun Jul 14, 2019 10:13 pm

Nate cocks his head to the side at Jamie's statement. "Only a hundred people? Say, what are your neighbor cities? I might've passed through the area once or twice before, but Bee doesn't quite ring a bell. I've definitely been through Nebraska before, though." He tugs at his collar, fixing his gaze on her.

It's only interrupted when Haleigh starts talking - then, his eyes roll over to her. He says nothing in response, but does take a moment to wipe some potentially-imaginary spittle off his face when he thinks no one is looking. Nate sighs. "I'd better mosey on over to the rooms, too, when I have a minute to spare. I've been so used to sleepin' in the backseat of my truck that this is going to be one hell of a change."
Back to top Go down
CowgirlJamie

CowgirlJamie

PostSubject: Re: Week 1 - Welcome To Hell   Week 1 - Welcome To Hell - Page 5 Clock10Sun Jul 14, 2019 10:42 pm

Jamie would pause halfway up the stairs at Nate's question, mind racing for a moment as she tried to recall any information about neighboring cities to the selected Bee. No dice. However, she had a reason, and information, to fall back on that she thought up quite quickly.

"Well shoot, I ain't been outside my hometown much. Just a couple o' trips to the capital, Lincoln. It's right near there, I can tell yeah that much, just one county over in Seaward." Satisfied with that explanation, she'd continue upstairs, heading to her bedroom.
Back to top Go down
Rico

Rico

PostSubject: Re: Week 1 - Welcome To Hell   Week 1 - Welcome To Hell - Page 5 Clock10Sun Jul 14, 2019 11:49 pm

Rico finally decided that it was time to introduce himself. "Okay, Rico... don't. talk. about. cryptids. right. now. Dear God help me!" he thought to himself. He looked at all the... remaining people and personalities. Some way more outspoken than others.

He regains some composure before finally spitting his introduction out. "H-Hey! So, my name's Rico! I'm a big sport fan... like HUGE! I'm from Riverdale, CA and I... uh... I just do retail work for a job, but sports are 100% my true passion! Nothing more, nothing less! I hope we can all get along, and hopefully be friends!" He smiles nervously.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Week 1 - Welcome To Hell   Week 1 - Welcome To Hell - Page 5 Clock10

Back to top Go down

Week 1 - Welcome To Hell
Page 5 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5